Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline michelvr  
#1 Posted : 04 February 2021 16:31:53(UTC)
michelvr

Every once in awhile I get so enthusiastic about a product that I have owned for so many years that I need to share my good fortunes, I’m a really Lux key man! When it comes to reliably and the trains running well on my layout I have Lux on my side! You’re saying you have no Lux on your layout and your trains don’t run on time? Then it’s time for you to buy yourself a Lux Vacuum Cleaner!

It sucks so well that all your reliability issues with the three D’s simply disappear. Just think all you need is Lux and the dust, dirt and dysfunctional running characteristics of your Märklin locomotives simply disappear!

CABA5953-DACF-4948-9A3E-5C9801436BCF.jpeg

How about a show of hands from the Lux key people out there! How many of my fellow Märklin enthusiasts own the best tool for our hobby?

Here’s the company jingle on the Lux Vacuum Cleaner Car!

LUX-vacuum-cleaner, the first movable, perfect functioning vacuum-cleaner for all HO-model railways (Marklin, Fleischmann, Trix-Express). This vacuum-cleaner has been developped especially for the removal of dust and dirt on model railways. According to our experience just these sediments from the circulating air and landscaping works affect smooth function of the precise mechanical parts (gearing, coupling rods, axle bearing, current collector etc.). The instaliment of the vacuum-cleaner in a rail car allows the unproblematical deaning of the rail track also in difficult areas like passage undergrounds, roofed railway stations and track systems covered by aerial contact line. The current will be supplied by the normal power lead. Ihe vacuum-cleaner can be moved by usual commercial motor vehides.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by michelvr
Offline PMPeter  
#2 Posted : 04 February 2021 18:22:34(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
I too have the LUX vacuum car and it indeed works well. I also have the LUX rotating brush cleaner car and that is another story. It worked well for about a year and after that the brush only rotates when the power is first applied or when the wagon starts to move. Within seconds of starting to move the brush stops. Contacting LUX has really not provided any solutions.

So all I can say is that for the price these cleaning cars cost, buyer beware and keep an eye on the performance during the warranty period.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PMPeter