Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline lvfocus  
#1 Posted : 02 February 2021 18:16:39(UTC)
lvfocus

Portugal   
Hello everyone.

First, hope everyone is ok and safe from covid.

I am trying to install a Esu Loksound V5 in a sinus Marklin locomotive 39893 SBB Serie 474 and I can't get good results.

As described in the decoder manual I wrote the following CVs:

CV 49 0
CV 31 16
CV 32 2

I Tried to write the following CVs but I always get a message of error:
CV 257 48
CV 273 48
CV 289 48
CV 305 48

Instead I programed the AUX 4 to stay on on every conditions with Lokprogramer.

I can get the locomotive to run but it jerks a lot when I try higher speeds.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
I would be very pleased with a description on how to program a Loksound V5 to run this sinus motor.

All the best

Luis Valente

Grettings from Portugal
------------
Luis Valente (Trying the new CS3 Plus)
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 02 February 2021 18:31:02(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
You will likely have issues when using anything other than the OEM decoder with one of the Märklin C-Sine (C-Sinus) motors.
One possibility that you can do is to install a parallel Loksound decoder that would be exclusively used for sounds and not for any motor control.

Perhaps Jacques Vuyes can offer some advice as to other possibilities.
I know that many of the people that I know who have converted C-Sine models have swapped out the motor for a traditional motor and circuit board and then installed the ESU or other decoder.
You gain the added sound functions, but IMHO you lose the performance of the C-Sine motor.

IMHO the easiest conversion would be a shell swap with the model from the 29861 Start Set

https://www.ollismodellbahnseite.de/SinusM.html
http://www.esu.eu/aktuel...drive-sinus-ansteuern/3/

See also here: https://www.stummiforum.de/viewtopic.php?t=186598
If this was not you, perhaps you have now found somebody else in Portugal who has experience with such a conversion.

Regards

Mike C
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 02 February 2021 23:28:31(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: lvfocus Go to Quoted Post

As described in the decoder manual I wrote the following CVs:

CV 49 0
CV 31 16
CV 32 2

I Tried to write the following CVs but I always get a message of error:
CV 257 48
CV 273 48
CV 289 48
CV 305 48

Instead I programed the AUX 4 to stay on on every conditions with Lokprogramer.

I don't know what CV 49 does, but CVs 31 and 32 are index Cvs to the other ones.

But as you are using the Lokprogrammer you don't need to use the index CVs to the other ones you list, but in fact you don't need to worry about CV numbers at all, as the Lokprogrammer has descriptions for all the changes you can make. I haven't looked to see what CV 16/2/257 is (or any of the others) but a description of what you expect them to do would help.

And as I recall none of the CVs you have listed put the decoder into the special mode for driving a C-Sine motor. The relevant CVs for that are in the 50 range. Check the decoder manual, it has a special section that tells you the specific values you need to put into which CVs to operate a C-Sine motor.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 03 February 2021 09:08:36(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: lvfocus Go to Quoted Post
I can get the locomotive to run but it jerks a lot when I try higher speeds.
Did it work better with the original decoder? Maybe there's a problem with the loco, not with the decoder.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline PeFu  
#5 Posted : 03 February 2021 12:21:19(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
I also had issues with an ESU decoder and a Softdrive Sinus motor, which was solved in another thread. Note that I first applied the settings to a Lokpilot decoder, and later applied the same settings to a Loksound decoder with success too.

Cool
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
Offline jvuye  
#6 Posted : 28 April 2021 20:54:30(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
You will likely have issues when using anything other than the OEM decoder with one of the Märklin C-Sine (C-Sinus) motors.
One possibility that you can do is to install a parallel Loksound decoder that would be exclusively used for sounds and not for any motor control.

Perhaps Jacques Vuyes can offer some advice as to other possibilities.
I know that many of the people that I know who have converted C-Sine models have swapped out the motor for a traditional motor and circuit board and then installed the ESU or other decoder.
You gain the added sound functions, but IMHO you lose the performance of the C-Sine motor.

IMHO the easiest conversion would be a shell swap with the model from the 29861 Start Set

https://www.ollismodellbahnseite.de/SinusM.html
http://www.esu.eu/aktuel...drive-sinus-ansteuern/3/

See also here: https://www.stummiforum.de/viewtopic.php?t=186598
If this was not you, perhaps you have now found somebody else in Portugal who has experience with such a conversion.

Regards

Mike C

OK, I'm resurrecting this thread, since I finally had the time to investigate, diagnose and find a solution that I've implemented successfully.
The loco in question is a bit special, because the decoder has a special sound scheme (the Porsche special BR 182/ 39835) : it contains sounds from a 911 motor revving up, etc)

The "surgery" on the loco is (relatively) simple: I removed the little SDS soft sinus driver circuit and installed an SB Modellbau Faulhaber conversion kit #22110
The instructions are very clear and simple to follow.

I really can recommend SB Modellbau , the quality and precision are remarkable and the on line order sytem is very efficient.

(The shipping clerk even emailed me to verify the shipping address...!)
SB kit 22110

Connections to the motor is through the blue and green wires that are "recovered" (and extended) from the little driver board.

The decoder itself looked lije an early Loksound , but wjhen connected to the ESU lokprogrammer, it wasn't recognized .
So I looked a bit in my long history of programming ESU decoders , and started the (saved) Lokprogrammer version 2.7 (!!) from the early 2000 years and bingo!
And there it was!
In the ealy years of MfX , ESU was supplying decoders to Märklin

Re-programmed the motor control settings and voilà!
The solution is technically simple if you have kept the older version of Lokprogrammer.
You have to plan on spending about 120 € for the motor kit. , and you'll have to perfom some slight milling on the chassis if you have R1 on your layout . (Not needed if you smaller radius is R2 or larger)

I'll also try to rework the function mapping to switch the red tailights off and some other ideas.

Hope this can help those of you who are still looking for a good replacement for the SDS drive
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline river6109  
#7 Posted : 29 April 2021 04:28:15(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
ESU has a setting for the soft rive motor with circuit board, go into motor setting and select type of motor and you will see the motor in question, tick it and write the decoder
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline jvuye  
#8 Posted : 29 April 2021 09:51:51(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
ESU has a setting for the soft rive motor with circuit board, go into motor setting and select type of motor and you will see the motor in question, tick it and write the decoder

Yes John!
I am aware of that...but the problem is that the motor was shot...so I had to replace it and Märklin doesn't supply these parts apparently.
So my problem was to find a replacement for the motor, all the while re-using the same decoder!
And in Lokprogrammer , (very old) version 2.7....there's no suggestion for any typ of motor. later versions of Lokprogrammer wouldn't even recognize that original decoder. Laugh

Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!