Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline paulh  
#1 Posted : 09 October 2020 22:34:26(UTC)
paulh

United States   
So, I have four Eheim and Brawa trolley buss. I have both flat wire and round wire. I also have a cross over. What I don't have are overhead switches for making different routes. I see them come up from time to time on EBay but they are listed as Aristocraft. Will they work with Brawa? Is there a way to join the flat rail and round wire?
Thanks.
Paul
California
Modeling my fantasy land

Edited by moderator 11 October 2020 03:02:50(UTC)  | Reason: Topic moved to Collectors Corner General

Offline Unholz  
#2 Posted : 10 October 2020 07:30:41(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
The Aristocraft overhead switches should be identical to the original Brawa/Eheim units. On the other hand, I have never heard of a commercially available joiner for the old and new wires.
Offline cookee_nz  
#3 Posted : 10 October 2020 09:28:00(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
The Trolley Bus was also available under the 'AHM' (Associated Hobby Manufacturers) brand which I seem to recall was associated with Rivarossi for a time?.

Searching by alternate names for the same product can often lead to some unexpected bargains in the market.

Here's my AHM version as a very basic set, I picked it up many years ago but would prefer the AMS version myself without the poles so I can run it on the slot track.

P1070311.JPG

P1070310.JPG

P1070312.JPG
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline EMD_GP7  
#4 Posted : 10 October 2020 14:42:59(UTC)
EMD_GP7

Hi all.
I too have Eheim and Brawa Trolley Busses with both strip and round conductors.

Originally Posted by: paulh Go to Quoted Post
Is there a way to join the flat rail and round wire?

Looking at a strip ( earlier type) mast and later round conductor it looks possible to solder or wedge or crimp the round conductor into the bottom of the slot of the strip type mast to provide a running surface.

As mentioned by Unholz the Aristocraft switches should be the same as the bus system was made by Eheim/Brawa.
If you need to see a photo of the Eheim type then ask and I can post one.

There were Trolley busses made by a Japanese company in the 50s/60s which are similar to the German products but can be distinguished by the use of simulated rivets all over the bus !
These were marketed in the USA by various traders but I do not know if switches were available for that system.

Hope this helps.
Regards, Colin.
Offline paulh  
#5 Posted : 10 October 2020 18:10:50(UTC)
paulh

United States   
Neither have I. Don't want to buy the switches and not be able to use them. I wish they would bring these buses back. They are fun to play with.
Originally Posted by: Unholz Go to Quoted Post
The Aristocraft overhead switches should be identical to the original Brawa/Eheim units. On the other hand, I have never heard of a commercially available joiner for the old and new wires.

Offline Unholz  
#6 Posted : 10 October 2020 21:10:59(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: EMD_GP7 Go to Quoted Post

There were Trolley busses made by a Japanese company in the 50s/60s which are similar to the German products but can be distinguished by the use of simulated rivets all over the bus ! These were marketed in the USA by various traders but I do not know if switches were available for that system.

Ah yes, this copy/imitation of the German-made models was marketed under the "Silvine" brand. Scroll down here almost to the bottom for a picture:
https://cuccioloazzurro....cala-hooo-seconda-parte/
As far as I remember, the Silvine trolleybus was only sold in the package shown in the picture, thus without switches or other accessories.

And don't forget the interesting competition product "Minobus" produced by Rivarossi of Italy (scroll down a bit):
http://www.rivarossi-mem...t/Minobus/Minobus_RR.htm