Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline oranda  
#1 Posted : 20 August 2020 19:56:12(UTC)
oranda

United Kingdom   
Hi

I've got a basic event operating so that a train entering a station switches on the station lights, plays the cs3 default wav file and 4 seconds later the lights go off. I'd like the train to stop for a period of time, but I haven't figured out how yet!

Ive picked up more wav files from the Märklin web site but I don't know how to transfer them from my computer to the CS3. It also appears that the SD I've just placed in th CS3 is to help expand its memory, so how can I get more sound effects installed and played by the CS3?

Thanks for any help :-)
Offline rhfil  
#2 Posted : 20 August 2020 20:31:16(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
You need to do a better job describing exactly what you have done. What is the CS3 default wav. file? Are you referring to a sound from the loco? How are you getting the train to stop in the station? Did you "record" an event or construct it? If you created an event you should be able to add one which just hold things for a period of time. Or you can simply add a delay before the train leaves the station. Unfortunately, right now Marklin considers the event feature not suitable for regular hobbyists and they have not bothered to provide explanations of all the features available so you have to just experiment with it In America we have two factory reps who are very good at helping explain the features but I am not sure if you also have anyone available in England.
Offline eduard71  
#3 Posted : 20 August 2020 22:24:49(UTC)
eduard71

Chile   
Hi,
Here is a link to the Marklin database that shows how to upload any wav files into the CS3. You will need to use a memory stick. The instruction are in German but you can use google translate if you don´t read german. You can store the wav files in the stick or into the internal memory of the CS3.
https://www.maerklin.de/fileadmi...1_Sounds_Hinzufuegen.pdf
Regarding the timing delay, it is possible adding some time at the moment of arrive of the locomotive to the point of stop. In the below link from Soren Jakob from Denmark you can review the process. You just need to add time to the specific event.
https://railway.zone/pos...station-3-2-rail-version

I hope that you can now increase the fun of the event with these instructions.

Kr,

Eduardo
Offline oranda  
#4 Posted : 20 August 2020 22:38:54(UTC)
oranda

United Kingdom   
Hi eduard71

you've been very helpful. I'll have a go at this again tomorrow.

Many thanks
Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 20 August 2020 23:21:19(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: rhfil Go to Quoted Post
You need to do a better job describing exactly what you have done.

He has provided a pretty good description of what he has done, and what he wants to do.

Originally Posted by: rhfil Go to Quoted Post
What is the CS3 default wav. file? Are you referring to a sound from the loco?

default.wav is a sound file provided with the CS3 software release. He is not referring to a loco sound file.

The CS3 has the facility to play a sound when an event happens. This sound is played through speakers that you attach to the cs3 by using the speaker connector on the back panel. A quick check of the cs3 manual will show this.

What the OP is wanting to do is load some other sound files onto the cs3 to use instead of the default one supplied.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline clapcott  
#6 Posted : 21 August 2020 09:10:02(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
This sound is played through speakers that you attach to the cs3 by using the speaker connector on the back panel
AND / OR the internal speaker

Peter
Offline clapcott  
#7 Posted : 21 August 2020 09:11:07(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
The "trick" (if you can call it that) is that the files on the SD-Card need to be in the \CS3\wav subdirectory
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline oranda  
#8 Posted : 21 August 2020 20:29:21(UTC)
oranda

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
The "trick" (if you can call it that) is that the files on the SD-Card need to be in the \CS3\wav subdirectory

Done that but, although I can hear the default p VI Gong Abfahrt.wav the others in the USB 0>>wav>>Soundbibliothek>>mBibliothek>>Multitext>>Multihanhofsansage etc etc

The 01.wav etc don't make a sound when I try to play them inside the CS3.

If I drop them into iTunes & VLC again no sound. I've looked at the file info and they appear as waveform audio with various kb files sizes

very puzzling

btw what's the eigeneBibliothek fold used for?

Also this may be the problem on the downloads page Märklin it tagged Files and sounds for mLD3/mSD3 Decoder - does that mean I can't use them with the CS£ directly and what are these decoders?

Can they be converted to be used with the cs3?
Offline clapcott  
#9 Posted : 21 August 2020 23:07:45(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Most of the (snipets) in the sound library are just components for a bigger assembly - e.g. starting, stopping and running at different speeds.

Not all .wav files are created equal. If the sound does not play on a PC then do not expect it to play the CS3.

Peter
Offline kiwiAlan  
#10 Posted : 22 August 2020 00:00:43(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: oranda Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post

Done that but, although I can hear the default p VI Gong Abfahrt.wav the others in the USB 0>>wav>>Soundbibliothek>>mBibliothek>>Multitext>>Multihanhofsansage etc etc

The 01.wav etc don't make a sound when I try to play them inside the CS3.

If I drop them into iTunes & VLC again no sound. I've looked at the file info and they appear as waveform audio with various kb files sizes

very puzzling

Also this may be the problem on the downloads page Märklin it tagged Files and sounds for mLD3/mSD3 Decoder - does that mean I can't use them with the CS£ directly and what are these decoders?

Can they be converted to be used with the cs3?

Sound files supplied as part of that download are only for use in decoders. I would suspect they are encrypted like the Loksound ones are.
Offline Johnvr  
#11 Posted : 22 August 2020 09:48:53(UTC)
Johnvr

South Africa   
Originally Posted by: oranda Go to Quoted Post

I believe that the 'eigenBibliothek' folder is the folder where you place your own sound files which you want to play.
The folder gets created when you download the Marklin Sound Files.

RegardsBigGrin
John