Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline thanos339  
#1 Posted : 27 April 2020 16:24:06(UTC)
thanos339

Greece   
Hello there,
I would like to ask if there is any way to run different brand loco on my minitrix (N Gauge) layout. What should I change in order to run them? is it possible?
I'm using TRIX Central-Control 66800 for my Digital locos and a trix transformer for my DC locos.

Thanks for your timeThumpUp
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 27 April 2020 16:55:17(UTC)
H0

Hi!

Make sure the couplers are compatible. Shouldn't be an issue for modern rolling stock.

Make sure the decoders support SX or DCC or DC. Decoders for N gauge should support DC plus either SX or DCC or both.

When buying older stuff on eBay or such, check coupler pockets and decoder capabilities carefully.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline thanos339  
#3 Posted : 27 April 2020 18:11:35(UTC)
thanos339

Greece   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

Make sure the couplers are compatible. Shouldn't be an issue for modern rolling stock.

Make sure the decoders support SX or DCC or DC. Decoders for N gauge should support DC plus either SX or DCC or both.

When buying older stuff on eBay or such, check coupler pockets and decoder capabilities carefully.

So , if the couplers are compatible and loco is DCC shouldn't be a problem running , right?
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 27 April 2020 18:22:48(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: thanos339 Go to Quoted Post
So , if the couplers are compatible and loco is DCC shouldn't be a problem running , right?
Yep.
And if couplers are not compatible, but have coupler pockets then there is no problem either.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline thanos339  
#5 Posted : 28 April 2020 00:54:53(UTC)
thanos339

Greece   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: thanos339 Go to Quoted Post
Yep.
And if couplers are not compatible, but have coupler pockets then there is no problem either.

Thank you very much!!!ThumpUp