Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline lvfocus  
#1 Posted : 12 March 2020 19:02:43(UTC)
lvfocus

Portugal   
Dear members.

Till today I have been using the ESU Programing software, the ESU programing interface and the Esu testing bench for programing ESU decoders.
All other decoders I have to program using an ESU ECOS 50200. Now my ECOS is out for repair and I only have a CS3 that is not very friendly for programing other decoders than the Marklin ones.
My question is: can I use a computer program along with some kind of interface to program all kind of decoders? Can you point me a way to acomplish this?
If you need more information to better understand my request, please ask me.

Best regards to you all

Luis Valente

Grettings from Portugal
------------
Luis Valente (Trying the new CS3 Plus)
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 12 March 2020 19:12:58(UTC)
H0

The ESU LokProgrammer allows DCC programming of any DCC decoder. So maybe that is an option.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline costing  
#3 Posted : 12 March 2020 21:57:29(UTC)
costing

Switzerland   
I can recommend JMRI to run on the computer, but then you still need a base station to generate the DCC signal per se. I think you can connect the CS3 to the PC, or you can put yourself together a DCC++ base station for 10 bucks or so (all you need is an arduino and a motor shield).

For an ESU decoder one of the application tabs looks like this. You can still access individual CVs if you want to, but all useful ones are shown in a user friendly way.

jmri.png
JMRI on RPi & DCC++ / C-track / Marklin, Roco, ESU, Bemo locos / Christmas car collector
Offline pederbc  
#4 Posted : 12 March 2020 22:25:10(UTC)
pederbc

Sweden   
Get the SPROG programmer and use it with JMRI software (above). The software has a huge library of different decoders.

Peder
Offline lvfocus  
#5 Posted : 25 March 2020 23:16:42(UTC)
lvfocus

Portugal   
Thsnk you very much to all that answered my question. I will consider and try some of these options and I will let you know the results. Best regards. Luis
Grettings from Portugal
------------
Luis Valente (Trying the new CS3 Plus)