Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Abdul  
#1 Posted : 29 February 2020 17:30:33(UTC)
Abdul

Bahrain   

Hello,

I have a train set 2875 Freight Train Set with Large M Track Layout, and Transformer 6631 30 VA and Control Boxes 7072.

Can any one send me the Manual Instruction or Link how to set up the Layout for this Train Set, and

I need to connect the M Track 5128, 5202, 5207 to the control box and then to the Transformer.

Can any one send me the Manual Instruction or link, as I am not expert in wiring connection.

Appreciate your help.

Regards
Offline Markus Schild  
#2 Posted : 01 March 2020 06:05:14(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   
Hi,

I attach a leaflet about the wiring of classic trains with transformer.

ba-anschl-el-bahnen-68621-tyn-0992-au.pdf (4,242kb) downloaded 114 time(s).

Regards

Markus
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Markus Schild
Offline Abdul  
#3 Posted : 01 March 2020 15:45:40(UTC)
Abdul

Bahrain   
Dear Markus,
Thanks for the Useful Information.
Do you have Track Layouts for the Same Set Marklin HO 2875.
Regards
Abdul

Originally Posted by: Markus Schild Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

Regards

Markus

Offline Markus Schild  
#4 Posted : 01 March 2020 19:26:04(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   
Hi Abdul,

Märklin showed this layout:

2875.jpg

With some additional tracks you can also build up layouts from this book: https://dl.dropbox.com/s...5100-5200-ya-0281-ju.pdf

Regards

Markus
Offline bph  
#5 Posted : 01 March 2020 19:27:40(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: Abdul Go to Quoted Post
Dear Markus,
Regards
Abdul

Hi
I believe the 2875 is a configuration called S+E+T3
http://www.ab-treinen.nl/Ontwerp/SET-baan/Set-S+E+T3%20baan.jpg

please see attached pdf for more options. 2875.pdf (2,145kb) downloaded 28 time(s).
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by bph
Offline Abdul  
#6 Posted : 13 March 2020 19:56:29(UTC)
Abdul

Bahrain   
Dear Markus,
Thank you for your Reply and your Assistant, which I really appreciate.
Regards
Abdul

Hi,

Regards

Markus

Offline Abdul  
#7 Posted : 13 March 2020 19:59:33(UTC)
Abdul

Bahrain   
Originally Posted by: bph Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Abdul Go to Quoted Post
Dear Markus,
Regards
Abdul

Hi
I believe the 2875 is a configuration called S+E+T3
http://www.ab-treinen.nl/Ontwerp/SET-baan/Set-S+E+T3%20baan.jpg

please see attached pdf for more options. 2875.pdf (2,145kb) downloaded 28 time(s).

Dear bph,
Thank you for your Reply and for your Assistant, which I really appreciate it,
Regards
Abdul

Offline Abdul  
#8 Posted : 13 March 2020 20:01:46(UTC)
Abdul

Bahrain   
Hi Abdul,

Märklin showed this layout:

2875.jpg

With some additional tracks you can also build up layouts from this book: https://dl.dropbox.com/s...5100-5200-ya-0281-ju.pdf

Regards

Markus

Dear Markus,
Thank you for your Reply and for your Assistant which I really appreciate.
Regards
Abdul

Offline Traingirl  
#9 Posted : 16 April 2020 05:49:36(UTC)
Traingirl

United States   
i am doing similar layout from kits T1. 2. 3 & S. Kits come with distribution strips and blue switches, but I need to find info on how to hook these up to my accessories. I checked the leaflet on wiring in previous post and see that you can use a separate transformer to operate the yellow feed.
I have 3 small blue transformers. Am planning on running the above mentioned double loop plus a second double loop which will be insulatd so that I can use a separate transfomer to power each side. Should I consider using my 3rd transformer for the yellow wire? Or just have it come from one of the 2 transformers?
If I have too many brown wires going to the distribution strop, can I put them in series plugged into each other?

Edited by user 17 April 2020 06:54:33(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline cookee_nz  
#10 Posted : 16 April 2020 08:14:01(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Traingirl Go to Quoted Post
i am doing similar layout from kits T1. 2. 3 & S. Kits come with distribution strips and blue switches, but I need to find info on how to hook these up to my accessories. I checked the leaflet on wiring in previous post and see that you can use a separate transformer to operate the yellow feed.
I have 3 small blue transformers. Am planning on running the above mentioned double loop plus a second double loop which will be insulatd so that I can use a separate transfomer to power each side. Should I consider using my 3rd transformer for the yellow wire? Or just have it come from one of the 2 transformers?
If I have too many brown wires going to the distribution strop, can I put them in series plugged into each other?

You don't need the third Transformer at this stage, keep it simple for now. It's less wires for one thing.

As per the other topic you posted in, you can safely connect the Brown leads together - Brown goes to the metal of the track / two outer rails so they are joined anyway when you build your layout.

But, you may find it easier just when you are starting out to keep things neat and simple. On that basis, you can run the Red ('B') and Brown ('0') (from Transformer 1 to one loop, and the Red & Brown from Transformer 2 to the other loop but of course the two loops must be electrically separated where they intersect by placing an insulator between the center rail contact tongues.

If you have electric turnouts, (or signals) you run the Yellow wire to the Yellow ('L') socket of the Trafo. Then the lantern in the Turnout will glow as well.

The two Blue wires go to the respective Red & Green sockets of the control button box. The connector on the side of the control button box feeds back to Brown of the Trafo

The booklet that Markus attached is very good and has some excellent diagrams and descriptions - and you can read the language of your choice from the eight available BigGrin

Really, you can't go wrong, BUT, please, you MUST understand and heed the description about getting the Polarity correct - ie ensuring that the two Trafos are 'in phase' with each other.

If you have trouble getting your head around this you should hold off wiring them up until it makes sense. There is a risk of potential electric shock. That can really ruin your day.

Keep the questions coming. Sometimes the various booklets can still be bewildering at first and some things may just need explaining in a different way. You'll get all the help you could want here.

Oh, and getting back to the third Transformer. If you were to build a layout with two loops, and also a small shunting yard, then that is when the third Trafo will become useful. You could have separate control of both Loops, and also separate control of the yard. But that's getting real fancy!!

Cheers

Steve
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline Traingirl  
#11 Posted : 17 April 2020 07:01:22(UTC)
Traingirl

United States   
If both transformers are plugged into the same outlet with the larger prong of the plug on the left on both of them is that how to get the polarity the same?
Thanks!
Offline cookee_nz  
#12 Posted : 17 April 2020 08:17:51(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Traingirl Go to Quoted Post
If both transformers are plugged into the same outlet with the larger prong of the plug on the left on both of them is that how to get the polarity the same?
Thanks!

Not necessarily. I am unfamiliar with US wiring & household plug standards. Here we have plugs that can only go one way, but we can still have the same issue especially on older units that may have had the plug or cord replaced.

One of our US members can clarify this but you still should not take that as a given.

The only simple way you can check this is by the step shown on page 8/9 of the download Markus gave you....

Here I have combined both pages into a single guide - if you don't have a lamp to test with, I really suggest you get one. It will help with with all manner of other troubleshooting. You could also use a multimeter if you have one but the lamp is so simple.

TrafoPolarity.jpg

What this is telling you to do is to run a wire between the two BROWN outputs, and then connect the lamp as shown across the two RED outputs.

Now turn the control up no more than halfway.

If the Trafos have the same polarity ("in phase") with each other, the Lamp should NOT glow. But if they are out of phase, the lamp will light up.

Be sure you get this right.

Lamp remains off = Good (in-phase) ThumpUp

Lamp comes on = BAD (out of phase) Scared

Here's why this is SO IMPORTANT.

You will already know that the Transformers in our Hobby are used to REDUCE the household voltage to a safe level, around 20v give or take in the case of Märklin.

However, Transformers will also work in reverse. ie to INCREASE voltage if required. An example of this would be a devise used to power a TV or Fridge when camping, from your Car Battery.

In the example diagram shown above, if the light glows to show they are out of phase, and you disconnect one of the plugs from the wall outlet, there may now be a dangerously high voltage present on the plug pins.

TRUST THIS ANALOGY - THE PAINT IS WET, DON'T TOUCH IT JUST TO BE SURE.

One final note. The RED and the YELLOW outputs on the Trafo are the same, EXCEPT that the Red is a controlled output via the Red speed knob. Whereas the Yellow is always on at full output voltage. If you were to connect the Red from the track to the Yellow, the Loco would take off at full speed and you'd have no control.
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by cookee_nz