Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Pfalzbahn  
#1 Posted : 17 February 2020 23:45:35(UTC)
Pfalzbahn

United States   
While I've done this some years ago I am unable to upload pics to my CS2. I put some 15 png engine pics on to a USB stick and plugged it into the CS2.

IMG_5654.jpg

How does one proceed now?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Pfalzbahn

Offline TEEWolf  
#2 Posted : 18 February 2020 00:34:01(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Pfalzbahn Go to Quoted Post
While I've done this some years ago I am unable to upload pics to my CS2. I put some 15 png engine pics on to a USB stick and plugged it into the CS2.

How does one proceed now?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Pfalzbahn

Maerklin published Technical Tipp #314 for this topic. They know some people forget it, some have never known before.Laugh

https://www.maerklin.de/...aq/Technik-Tipp-314b.pdf

Seriously, if you need help for translation - ask. You know the translating software DeepL?

https://www.deepl.com/translator
Offline Pfalzbahn  
#3 Posted : 18 February 2020 01:26:31(UTC)
Pfalzbahn

United States   
Thanks a lot for your advise. I proceeded as described in your link and it worked fine until this stage:

IMG_5666.jpg

Now I am waiting already 20 minutes and the bar doesn't complete fully to the right yet there is a statement that the upload is complete? I am confused.
However the link claims that it may take up to an hour. So I am waiting.

BTW, ich spreche und schreibe natürlich auch Deutsch.

Many thanks, vielen Dank,

Pfalzbahn
Offline TEEWolf  
#4 Posted : 18 February 2020 02:04:30(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Pfalzbahn Go to Quoted Post
Thanks a lot for your advise. I proceeded as described in your link and it worked fine until this stage:

Now I am waiting already 20 minutes and the bar doesn't complete fully to the right yet there is a statement that the upload is complete? I am confused.
However the link claims that it may take up to an hour. So I am waiting.

BTW, ich spreche und schreibe natürlich auch Deutsch.

Many thanks, vielen Dank,

Pfalzbahn

All right, this is the best solution knowing the language itself. Smile I know the CS 2 is not the fastest, but so slow?RollEyes Then it makes sense doing not so often an upload of pictures.

Or buy a CS 3. It is uploading in seconds. Did it with my IC 2 Dosto cab forward car 43483, which has a mfx decoder inside which is handled by the CS 3 like a mfx loco, but is not listed in the database.
Offline PMPeter  
#5 Posted : 18 February 2020 04:08:13(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Once I get the message that the Update is Complete I click the green check mark and am done with it. I never worry about where the bar is. If the check mark is not green then there is a problem.

I believe you also need to shut the CS2 down and restart it in order for the new icons to display.
Offline dickinsonj  
#6 Posted : 24 February 2020 01:43:29(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
I updated the software on my CS2 last week and it did not proceed as it has in the past. It partially finished the update and then it just hung, with me waiting on it and it waiting on me. Confused

The green checkmark was not functional (greyed out) so I clicked the "More" button which was basically my only option. That started the update process again and then it completed successfully. I have updated this CS2 numerous times and this was the first time that has happened. Perhaps the update process has changed and not been documented?
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#7 Posted : 24 February 2020 05:26:40(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: dickinsonj Go to Quoted Post
I updated the software on my CS2 last week and it did not proceed as it has in the past. It partially finished the update and then it just hung, with me waiting on it and it waiting on me. Confused

The green checkmark was not functional (greyed out) so I clicked the "More" button which was basically my only option. That started the update process again and then it completed successfully. I have updated this CS2 numerous times and this was the first time that has happened. Perhaps the update process has changed and not been documented?

Sometimes this is needed when the GFP (booster) section also needs updating, although I don't recall it being quite the sequence you are describing.
Offline clapcott  
#8 Posted : 24 February 2020 07:25:25(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: dickinsonj Go to Quoted Post

This is normal, when there is core/kernal/operatingsystem updates to apply that require/force a FULL reboot and update.

Most of the time we have updates, they are only the component "Apps" that run on the operating system.

Every now and then, usually at the same time as a major version number change 1.xx.xx -> 2.xx.xx but not always, you will get what you describe - i.e. you have to press the More button to "Shutdown and update"
Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline dickinsonj  
#9 Posted : 24 February 2020 12:56:55(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
Every now and then, usually at the same time as a major version number change 1.xx.xx -> 2.xx.xx but not always, you will get what you describe - i.e. you have to press the More button to "Shutdown and update"

Thanks for the info Peter. That makes sense and that is exactly what happened, it rebooted and then finished the update. The part that was strange for me was that I don't recall ever having to do that with any other updates over the five years I have used this CS2. Of course the issue could be in the user's memory and not in the software. Blushing

The other odd aspect was that I saw (what I assumed) was a new software version for the TFP but there was no sequence of requests and permissions to update the TFPs in my boosters, as has happened in the past. I have no idea why you would not want all of the TFPs running the same software or why you would need to grant permission, but that has happened many times in the past. All's well that ends well however and everything is working just fine. ThumpUp

Maybe I am just jumpy from enduring the painful process of getting feature updates on my Windows 10 box. BigGrin
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.