Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline TGV POS  
#1 Posted : 01 December 2019 11:49:40(UTC)
TGV POS

France   
The ICE 4 ,today in picture on the website of märklin! Drool
The red ICE 4 39714 https://www.maerklin.de/...te/details/article/39714
ICE 4 marklin.jpg
The green ICE 4 39716 https://www.maerklin.de/...te/details/article/39716
ICE 4 vert.jpg
The supplemantary set 43724/43726 https://www.maerklin.de/...te/details/article/43724 https://www.maerklin.de/...te/details/article/43726
The ICE 4.1.jpg
And the wagon set 43725/43728 https://www.maerklin.de/...te/details/article/43725 https://www.maerklin.de/...te/details/article/43728
ICE 4.2.jpg
Why the supplentary set of the green ICE 4 set is 30€ more expensive of the the supplemantary set of the red ICE 4?Confused
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by TGV POS
Offline TEEWolf  
#2 Posted : 01 December 2019 20:34:35(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: TGV POS Go to Quoted Post
The ICE 4 ,today in picture on the website of märklin! Drool

Why the supplentary set of the green ICE 4 set is 30€ more expensive of the the supplemantary set of the red ICE 4?Confused

Everything the Greens are touching is getting extremly expensive for a regular citizen. That is the reason why the Greens are called Greenhorns.LOL LOL LOL

Edited by moderator 02 December 2019 17:14:00(UTC)  | Reason: Remove repeated images

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline Minok  
#3 Posted : 02 December 2019 23:06:53(UTC)
Minok

United States   

Good question; and just looking at the images there is no difference in the images one can easily spot. They all have red stripes, so unless the difference is in the tiny wagon numbers or some detail that you are hyper concerned about, I don't see why one doesn't just use buys the cheaper version. There appears to be a difference of some sort to run a separate part number.

My guess is there is something about the details/run of the green version that is different in the signage or printing or car numbers on the middle area of the train. If you look at the center print area, there is a difference in the numbering there. So I suspect its supply/demand; they expect less demand for those vs the red makeup train.

Capture.PNG
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 02 December 2019 23:16:57(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post

Good question; and just looking at the images there is no difference in the images one can easily spot. They all have red stripes, so unless the difference is in the tiny wagon numbers or some detail that you are hyper concerned about, I don't see why one doesn't just use buys the cheaper version. There appears to be a difference of some sort to run a separate part number.

My guess is there is something about the details/run of the green version that is different in the signage or printing or car numbers on the middle area of the train. If you look at the center print area, there is a difference in the numbering there. So I suspect its supply/demand; they expect less demand for those vs the red makeup train.

I wouldn't put too much trust in publicity photos, the photo for the originally announced unit is probably the the correct photo, the photo for the next announced probably is the same one with a touch of photoshop used to blur a detail like the coach road numbers.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline steventrain  
#5 Posted : 03 December 2019 12:46:21(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
The pictures are CAD images?
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#6 Posted : 03 December 2019 17:07:24(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post

Yeah, they could be.
Offline TEEWolf  
#7 Posted : 03 December 2019 20:59:55(UTC)
TEEWolf

Don't think so. In the new Maerklin Magazine German edition (MM-GE) 06/2019 page 8 above is the announcement for this 2 different colour versions.

But of course no remark about the price. I think, if you want to be politically correct, you must buy the green version. And it is a must to pay more for your poilitcally correctness.Flapper LOL LOL LOL I ordered the red (gimmick free) version.BigGrin
Offline TEEWolf  
#8 Posted : 03 December 2019 21:32:02(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post

Don't think so. In the new Maerklin Magazine German edition (MM-GE) 06/2019 page 8 above is the announcement for this 2 different colour versions.

But of course no remark about the price. I think, if you want to be politically correct, you must buy the green version. And it is a must to pay more for your poilitcally correctness.Flapper LOL LOL LOL I ordered the red (gimmick free) version.BigGrin

Just received the new Maerklin main catalogue 2019/2020 too. On the pages 114/115 and pages 146/147 is already the ICE 4 green version listed. But also a flyer is attached to the catalogue explaining Maerklin has listed the different modells under the wrong article number. Maerklin explains in its flyer, you can order the red version under article # 39714 (in the catalogue this number is combined with the green version). Parallel they offer under the article number 39716 the ICE 4 green version. Both can be ordered immediately.

Maerklin confused by the DB AG with its politically colours! Laugh Laugh Laugh
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline Minok  
#9 Posted : 05 December 2019 20:51:10(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post

I wouldn't put too much trust in publicity photos, the photo for the originally announced unit is probably the the correct photo, the photo for the next announced probably is the same one with a touch of photoshop used to blur a detail like the coach road numbers.

True, but the only thing I can imagine that would be different between the 'red' and 'green' versions of the add on cars - where the strip is red in all cases - is some tiny difference that has to do with the specific route the green ended trains run, or some other tiny exterior marking. So its a matter of having to look at the tiny details. In the end I expect that the difference is in some tiny detail, regardless of what the photos in the catalog look like... I was just trying to see if I could see any difference, and that's the one spot I saw a difference.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline Jimmy Thompson  
#10 Posted : 05 December 2019 21:12:32(UTC)
Jimmy Thompson

United States   
BigGrin

I think they are returning to their "Pop Wagen" color scheme - someone in the design department is of the "Old School - Alte Schule" just like me! I would do it! Maybe they "Kicked it up a notch" to neon (or pretty close) - I say Go For It!

jimmy
Jimmy T
Analogue; M-track; BR 111; KLVM; Primex; Sarrasani Zirkuswelt
There is a Prototype For Everything
Offline TEEWolf  
#11 Posted : 06 December 2019 01:20:50(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Jimmy Thompson Go to Quoted Post
BigGrin

I think they are returning to their "Pop Wagen" color scheme - someone in the design department is of the "Old School - Alte Schule" just like me! I would do it! Maybe they "Kicked it up a notch" to neon (or pretty close) - I say Go For It!

jimmy

No. Please read this publicaton of the DB AG, Berlin:

"Extract of the press release

Deutsche Bahn (DB) is making its role as an environmental pioneer visible on its trains by changing the exterior design of its 280 or so ICE trains: on the two cars with the striking ICE profile at the top and at the end of the train, the red stripe is replaced by a green one. [...] An additional green plug symbol shows that all long-distance trains run on 100 percent green electricity. [...] The green ICE is the right signal at the right time.""

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

It is a political statement. A reason for me to avoid any transportation with this service provider, whenever it is possible. I do not support political lunacy and antidemocratic attitude. Especially if it is a 100% goverment owned company as a DB AG is.
Offline Jimmy Thompson  
#12 Posted : 06 December 2019 13:16:52(UTC)
Jimmy Thompson

United States   
O-o-o-o-o-o-o-ohhhh, sorry...got carried away to my memories...Blushing

Jimmy
Jimmy T
Analogue; M-track; BR 111; KLVM; Primex; Sarrasani Zirkuswelt
There is a Prototype For Everything
Offline PeFu  
#13 Posted : 07 December 2019 13:17:42(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   

It is a political statement. A reason for me to avoid any transportation with this service provider, whenever it is possible. I do not support political lunacy and antidemocratic attitude. Especially if it is a 100% goverment owned company as a DB AG is.

It’s not necessary a political statement. In Europe even private companies in some areas can boost their sales by ”being green” statements. It’s hard to compete against road and air transportation, and without the ”green” factor, there wouldn’t be those billion Euro investments in European railways as we have right now. Note that I haven’t said that I like this impact from the climate debate, or not.

Cool

Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
Offline TEEWolf  
#14 Posted : 09 December 2019 00:59:16(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: PeFu Go to Quoted Post

It is a political statement. A reason for me to avoid any transportation with this service provider, whenever it is possible. I do not support political lunacy and antidemocratic attitude. Especially if it is a 100% government owned company as a DB AG is.

It’s not necessary a political statement. In Europe even private companies in some areas can boost their sales by ”being green” statements. It’s hard to compete against road and air transportation, and without the ”green” factor, there wouldn’t be those billion Euro investments in European railways as we have right now. Note that I haven’t said that I like this impact from the climate debate, or not.

Cool

You are getting off topic. So please inform yourself about the investments into the railway in Germany. Not much is done into the already existing electrified railway system but rather to get a catenary overhead system on the Autobahn for trucks. And the German railway makes two green stripes instead red ones on its trains? Sorry simply ridiculous. Austria and Switzerland shows Europe what you can do for a good railway system.
Offline Purellum  
#15 Posted : 09 December 2019 06:37:19(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

You are getting off topic.

Well, only answering your own very off-topic comments..... LOL

Per

Cool

If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline vilithejou  
#16 Posted : 09 December 2019 08:13:08(UTC)
vilithejou

The items 39714 and 39716 are not in Marklin database... somdebody knows anything?
Joan Vilarrúbia
vilithejou@yahoo.es
Fan of Märklín, Kroko lover
Offline kiwiAlan  
#17 Posted : 09 December 2019 13:03:10(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: vilithejou Go to Quoted Post
The items 39714 and 39716 are not in Marklin database... somdebody knows anything?

follow the discussion about how the database was showing the (allegedly) wholesale price.
Offline TEEWolf  
#18 Posted : 09 December 2019 21:29:49(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: vilithejou Go to Quoted Post

Why do you read not here at this thread?

https://www.marklin-user...-website-pricing--Whoops