Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline David Dewar  
#1 Posted : 23 November 2019 16:44:56(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Noticed when recording with the CS3 Plus that when running a loco into a siding and getting it to stop then when then using the procedure the loco stops before the place as per the recording. Tried with other locos various recoding procedures to stop at stations etc but none stopped where required. I can of course use a contact and an event which works but thought I would use the recording feature which I had not used previously.
Anybody else used this and got it to work with locos stopping where required.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline Danlake  
#2 Posted : 24 November 2019 09:48:33(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Hi David,

I haven’t tried that feature yet with my CS3 as I am mainly using PC software for automation.

But I would imagine the CS3 uses a simple programming logic based on timing and triggers to carry out the pre-recorded automation.

I use quite a sophisticated software (Traincontroller), and they only way I can get accurate stop position is to carry out quite comprehensive profiling of each locomotive. That is running a test where the program measures what speed steps equal what actual speed of that individual locomotive. This feature I believe is not available in CS3, so the CS3 will just give a simple command to slow down to a set speed or initiate a stop. And your braking distance would be set by CV settings in the decoder and not accurately controlled by the software.

So if you want the loco to stop very accurately with CS3 I believe your best bet is to use more occupancy detectors as trigger events. Else there is just too many variables involved that will influence your stopping point.

Best Regards
Lasse
Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
Offline David Dewar  
#3 Posted : 24 November 2019 16:59:39(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: Danlake Go to Quoted Post
Hi David,

I haven’t tried that feature yet with my CS3 as I am mainly using PC software for automation.

But I would imagine the CS3 uses a simple programming logic based on timing and triggers to carry out the pre-recorded automation.

I use quite a sophisticated software (Traincontroller), and they only way I can get accurate stop position is to carry out quite comprehensive profiling of each locomotive. That is running a test where the program measures what speed steps equal what actual speed of that individual locomotive. This feature I believe is not available in CS3, so the CS3 will just give a simple command to slow down to a set speed or initiate a stop. And your braking distance would be set by CV settings in the decoder and not accurately controlled by the software.

So if you want the loco to stop very accurately with CS3 I believe your best bet is to use more occupancy detectors as trigger events. Else there is just too many variables involved that will influence your stopping point.

Best Regards
Lasse

Thanks for that. I do just use events now but thought I would try the recording feature but unless I am doing something wrong it does not appear to control a loco accurately. Using the loco braking control can help but it is still hit or miss so I probably will not use it. Grateful for your reply

David
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.