Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline furetto1212  
#1 Posted : 19 October 2019 10:30:22(UTC)
furetto1212

Italy   
Hj,
I'm new on this forum and I have a question: how can I run my new KM-1 094 055-1 loco, on Marklin CS3 ?
I hope someone can help me.…
Thank you.

Edited by moderator 20 October 2019 09:17:44(UTC)  | Reason: Corrected lack of capitialisation in topic heading.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by furetto1212
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 19 October 2019 13:25:08(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Welcome to the forum.

I have a KM1 01 180 Gauge 1 loco and I run it with a CS2 and also an ESU Ecos.

My loco has a Loksound XL 4 decoder which has both mFX and DCC protocols. The CS2 automatically registered the loco with mFX the first time I used it with the CS2. The CS3 should do the same - just connect your CS3 to the track, put the loco on the track and it should automatically register itself with the CS3. If you want to run the loco with DCC, you will have to disable mFX on the CS3 and manually enter the DCC details for the loco into the CS3.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline furetto1212  
#3 Posted : 19 October 2019 16:25:23(UTC)
furetto1212

Italy   
Thanks Bigdaddynz,
mine loco has a motor decoder DCCD-5, a sound decoder HDKM-16, a smoke decoder DSM-4 and, for me, there is no way to insert the loco on the CS3. The loco is never recognised also when I try to insert it manually via DCC.
Any idea?
Offline TEEWolf  
#4 Posted : 19 October 2019 18:39:02(UTC)
TEEWolf

Post #4 deleted after double posting.

Edited by user 20 October 2019 02:53:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline TEEWolf  
#5 Posted : 19 October 2019 18:44:08(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: furetto1212 Go to Quoted Post
Hj,
I'm new on this forum and I have a question: how can I run my new KM-1 094 055-1 loco, on Marklin CS3 ?
Thank you.

... Any idea?

Yes, I have an idea and welcome here at marklin-users.net.

Do you have manuals for your loco in English or only in German? Do you understand the German language?

KM is offering all manuals on their website for their products, but I cannot find any manual in another language than German. Even it looks like their website is only in German available. If you do not understand German, I think it will be not easy for you to understand your KM1 loco very well.

First, does your loco has the article number KM1 119 429? I am not familiar with KM only with H0 and mainly with Maerklin products. But for running a loco you have to know the format and the digital address of your loco. Doesn't matter which model, producer or digital processor chip is inside. What you have to know is the format (MM, mfx, DCC, etc.) and the digital address for this format (e.g. H0 Maerklin locos are mainly presetted in the DCC format at #3).

For this purpose I must know which loco you exactly got. Because in these manuals are the standard address listed, which are set by the producing company. In your case the manual for this KM1 may be art. #119 429 (also #109 429 may be possible) for DCC it is the digital address 94 - I guess. In the manual stands "operating mode DCC address 94". This is for the model BR 94 2nd serie. It exists a BR 94 as well. This probably is the 1st serie. For this model the manual indicates a DCC address 49.

Second, back to Maerklin and your CS 3.

Did you download the CS 3 manual from the Maerklin website? It does not matter, if it is a CS 3 or a CS 3+ manual. These manuals from Maerklin are identical. At page #7 of the manual are the difference between a CS 3 and a CS 3 plus explained.

https://www.maerklin.de/...e/details/article/60216/

https://static.maerklin....85fc4ac1761561699635.pdf

This manual is in 6 languages available and in Italien too. These languages are in one PDF file and the page numbers for each language are identical. So at every other language the manual starts at page 1 again. It helps. Because I can read the manual in the German section under the same page number as it is the identical one with page # in the Italian section, which probably you are using.

Look in the CS 3 PDF-manual at page #14 "Running a Locomotive with Address Control". There the manual tells you, how to run your loco without registering. You just insert the digital address and the format you want to use. Than it shall run. If not, you have to search for another digital address. A CS 3 allows you to read the digital address out of the decoder from your loco. How to do this, it tells you the CS 3 manual at page #12.

Many success and nice running.

Regards

TEEWolf
Offline Purellum  
#6 Posted : 19 October 2019 20:01:20(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

I should be DCC address 49 or MM addresses 49 + 50, if you have it new from the factory. Cool

Per.

Cool
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#7 Posted : 19 October 2019 22:56:44(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Manual for the KM1 BR94 available here in German: https://www.km-1.de/Bedienungsanleitung_BR94.pdf

If in doubt email KM1, the owner Andreas Krugg speaks perfect English.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#8 Posted : 20 October 2019 01:00:55(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
mine loco has a motor decoder DCCD-5, a sound decoder HDKM-16, a smoke decoder DSM-4 and, for me, there is no way to insert the loco on the CS3. The loco is never recognised also when I try to insert it manually via DCC. Any idea?

To get back on topic, despite Serge's unhelpful comments, it looks like KM1 are using new decoders

https://www.km-1.de/html...cd-5_digitaldecoder.html

https://www.km-1.de/html/hdkm-16_soundmodul.html

English translations follow

DCCD5.JPG

HDKM16.JPG

So, it seems no mFX so the loco will not register itself. The only way is to manually create a new loco as per the instructions in the CS3 manual TeeWolf posted a link to. Use the function list in the locos manual that I posted a link to to set up the functions in the CS3 (page 3) - see list below.

The only way to get this loco to register automatically is to use a controller that supports Railcom, such as the ESU Ecos. The CS3 does not support Railcom.

BR94.JPG

English translation:

Drive
Function = light I cab. (I presume this is F0)
F1 = sound on / off
F2 = whistle I short whistle
F3 = Rangierkupplung front
F4 = rear marshalling coupling
F5 = smoke
F6 = cylinder vapor
F7 = maneuvering / lighting F8 = bell

If you are still having issues, maybe you could ask either the dealer who sold you the CS3 or the dealer who sold you the KM1 loco to help.

Edit: This may not be the correct manual for the KM1 BR94 you have as the manual I linked to makes reference to the loco having an ESU decoder.

Can you please advise the KM1 item number of the loco you have.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#9 Posted : 20 October 2019 04:06:43(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
To get back on topic, despite Serge's unhelpful comments

Certain messages that disrupted this thread have been removed... Please, stay on topic.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline furetto1212  
#10 Posted : 20 October 2019 10:36:40(UTC)
furetto1212

Italy   
You are very kind Teewolf,
I've seen that dcc address is 94 in the manual and the number of the loco is 119429
and now I will try to do what you told me.
Thank you

Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
For this purpose I must know which loco you exactly got. Because in these manuals are the standard address listed, which are set by the producing company. In your case the manual for this KM1 may be art. #119 429 (also #109 429 may be possible) for DCC it is the digital address 94 - I guess. In the manual stands "operating mode DCC address 94". This is for the model BR 94 2nd serie. It exists a BR 94 as well. This probably is the 1st serie. For this model the manual indicates a DCC address 49.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by furetto1212
Offline furetto1212  
#11 Posted : 20 October 2019 10:48:52(UTC)
furetto1212

Italy   
I tried with address 94 and it work!!!!!
Thank you ||

I've seen that dcc address is 94 in the manual and the number of the loco is 119429
and now I will try to do what you told me.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by furetto1212
Offline Purellum  
#12 Posted : 20 October 2019 12:02:42(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

I tried with address 94 and it work!!!!!

Congratulations BigGrin The ones we have in the club came with 49 from factory Cool

Per.

Cool

If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Jaguar  
#13 Posted : 09 August 2023 00:02:28(UTC)
Jaguar

United States   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Welcome to the forum.

I have a KM1 01 180 Gauge 1 loco and I run it with a CS2 and also an ESU Ecos.

My loco has a Loksound XL 4 decoder which has both mFX and DCC protocols. The CS2 automatically registered the loco with mFX the first time I used it with the CS2. The CS3 should do the same - just connect your CS3 to the track, put the loco on the track and it should automatically register itself with the CS3. If you want to run the loco with DCC, you will have to disable mFX on the CS3 and manually enter the DCC details for the loco into the CS3.

———-
I have a new KM-1 18-230 loco that does not work with my ESU cab. I trim (smaller system). Will CS3 automatically register the KM1 and give me all 30 functions of sound and smoke? And I suppose my Marklin gauge 1 locos with mfx will automatically register?
Offline Jaguar  
#14 Posted : 09 August 2023 00:10:59(UTC)
Jaguar

United States   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
Hj,
Thank you.

... Any idea?

Yes, I have an idea and welcome here at marklin-users.net.

Do you have manuals for your loco in English or only in German? Do you understand the German language?

KM is offering all manuals on their website for their products, but I cannot find any manual in another language than German. Even it looks like their website is only in German available. If you do not understand German, I think it will be not easy for you to understand your KM1 loco very well.

First, does your loco has the article number KM1 119 429? I am not familiar with KM only with H0 and mainly with Maerklin products. But for running a loco you have to know the format and the digital address of your loco. Doesn't matter which model, producer or digital processor chip is inside. What you have to know is the format (MM, mfx, DCC, etc.) and the digital address for this format (e.g. H0 Maerklin locos are mainly presetted in the DCC format at #3).

Second, back to Maerklin and your CS 3.

Did you download the CS 3 manual from the Maerklin website? It does not matter, if it is a CS 3 or a CS 3+ manual. These manuals from Maerklin are identical. At page #7 of the manual are the difference between a CS 3 and a CS 3 plus explained.

https://www.maerklin.de/...e/details/article/60216/

https://static.maerklin....85fc4ac1761561699635.pdf

This manual is in 6 languages available and in Italien too. These languages are in one PDF file and the page numbers for each language are identical. So at every other language the manual starts at page 1 again. It helps. Because I can read the manual in the German section under the same page number as it is the identical one with page # in the Italian section, which probably you are using.

Look in the CS 3 PDF-manual at page #14 "Running a Locomotive with Address Control". There the manual tells you, how to run your loco without registering. You just insert the digital address and the format you want to use. Than it shall run. If not, you have to search for another digital address. A CS 3 allows you to read the digital address out of the decoder from your loco. How to do this, it tells you the CS 3 manual at page #12.

Many success and nice running.

Regards

TEEWolf

I have the same problem. I have a brand new JN-1 18-230 locomotive. My ESU cab control did not auto-register the loco nor did any program I gcwirk fir me. Will CS3 automatically register and deliver all 30 functions? Please respond.
Offline Goofy  
#15 Posted : 19 August 2023 06:53:02(UTC)
Goofy

Did you tried to set loco decoder only at DCC protocol first?
I have never heard about KM1 new sound decoder and i thought they still (?) keep on ESU Loksound 5 XL.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control