Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Defke  
#1 Posted : 14 April 2019 15:46:55(UTC)
Defke

Belgium   
Hello,

I am busy writing my own control software for my marklin track.

therefore i read in the lokomotive.cs2 ( from the central station)file, since there are all my current locs.

I only use the items that i find usefull for me, such as the name, address, decoder type, and for each loc also the functions.

however, when i read in the functions, i have a number, so far so good, but also a typ this should be corresponding a functionicon/ functiondescription. for instance cab light, or typhoon ...

does someone know where to find the corresponding descriptions, since the lokomotive.cs2 file describes them for instance as typ=48 ...what is 48???

I hope someone does know these types and where to find descend documentation... I found already some documentation about the protocoll, but this is not always correct.

Kind regards

marklin guy from belgium
Offline clapcott  
#2 Posted : 14 April 2019 22:42:03(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Defke Go to Quoted Post
does someone know where to find the corresponding descriptions, since the lokomotive.cs2 file describes them for instance as typ=48 ...what is 48??

The "typ=48" directly correlates with the fcticon suffix found under
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/config/fcticons/

48 is Cab Light with a set (of 4) icons
/fcticons/FktIcon_a_ge_48.png
/fcticons/FktIcon_i_we_48.png
/fcticons/FktIcon_a_we_48.png
/fcticons/FktIcon_i_gr_48.png

a= active, i= inactive
ge = yellow, we = white, gr = grey

UserPostedImage

For the description I built a library using the manuals terms. A more comprensive list is found within the screens of the CS3 by looking for the icon
Peter
Offline Defke  
#3 Posted : 14 April 2019 23:42:27(UTC)
Defke

Belgium   
Hello Clacott,

thanks for the reply, however, i see some value

.funktionen
..nr=10
..typ=236

but the icons they stop at 176 ...

So i can find many off them, however this one i really dont have a clue, it is a marklin loc that has the 236 value. ( i can always look into the manual from that loc?)

it is quite an adventure to breack down the logic, but it is comming together, step by step, i can read all the locs, start and stop system, make loc move, do emergency stop, i know what functions, but still lots to do...

kind regards and open for suggestions
Offline clapcott  
#4 Posted : 15 April 2019 01:35:15(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
but the icons they stop at 176 ...

Unfortunately Marklin have confused the issue by using the address space for icons that only appear on the CabMode screens
These are in the address range of 150 to 176

The proper icons you are interested in are in the range 0-112 (currently)

The issue you have come across is another "work around" ( I use the term politely) where by the high order bit (mask against decimal 128) appears to reflect that the function has been set up for pulse (momentary) rather than switch mode.

So 236 AND (x7F dec127) = 236 - 128 = 108
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Defke  
#5 Posted : 15 April 2019 16:34:42(UTC)
Defke

Belgium   

Hello Clapcott,

thanks for the tip it worked, i had to tweak a little, since there is also a gap between 112 and 150. 1 train of me had a type 133 -> huhm...

so i did a 133 -128 = 5 and it is the speaker icon that it displays ont the cs21, so for now, all my function keys work, and have the correct icon.

thx Koen
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Defke
Offline Defke  
#6 Posted : 17 April 2019 22:53:18(UTC)
Defke

Belgium   
Hello Clapcott,

I do have another question for you.

Do you have/ or know where i can find the descriptions of those functions.

Right now my buttons are dynamically generated in my program, and i go get the resulting pictures from the .png files.

I wanted to add some tooltips where i wanted to display the name of the function, for instance if you would go over the button f0 ( front light) i want to show a tooltip front light.

It is perhaps a feature, but it seems usefull, right now i only see f[number] in my tooltip.

kind regards
Offline clapcott  
#7 Posted : 18 April 2019 00:14:27(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Do you have/ or know where i can find the descriptions of those functions.

No, I have not found a nice file for this. This does mean it does not exist.

As stated above I had build my own library, initially from the function list in the CS2 manual. The CS3 actually has improved its english and gramma for icon meaning, but only on the screen.
UserPostedImage

Peter
Offline Defke  
#8 Posted : 21 April 2019 12:27:10(UTC)
Defke

Belgium   
Hey Clapcott,

I presume that you cannot downlod the icons from the cs3 anymore ?

I found out that there are icons on the cs3 that are not present in cs2

kind regards

Koen
Offline clapcott  
#9 Posted : 21 April 2019 23:12:37(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
I presume that you cannot download the icons from the cs3 anymore ?

I found out that there are icons on the cs3 that are not present in cs2

The CS3 provides "barren" legacy support for those who have dabbled with the CS2 and PC support.
The Fcticons are there, but you have to call them specifically e.g. http://192.168.1.53/fcticons/FktIcon_a_we_101.png.

The CS3 will not offer a formatted view of all items if you just point to the directory.
I concur with your observation that the newer CS3 icons are not offered in this same manner
Interestingly, the two recent icons added to the cabmode set of icons in the CS2 (#175 & #176) are NOT available in the CS3

p.s. by barren, I refer to files like ../config/fahrstrassen.cs2 which exist, but the content is rubbish.

If someone has the "more appropriate" CS3 access method for these resources, I would be (slightly) interested to know.
Although my enthusiasm for the CS3 is still on the decline.

Peter
Offline Defke  
#10 Posted : 22 April 2019 16:01:26(UTC)
Defke

Belgium   
hello Clapcott,

thanks for the reply, i wrote a program to retrieve those icons, however, these icons are still not the same as on dipslay.

for instance, there is in light section a light called 'console light' , but i don't find that icon, it is very frustrating...

If we could get ssh connection to the cs, we would find everything out there ... but even ssh is locked with a password

kind regards

Koen
Offline kiwiAlan  
#11 Posted : 22 April 2019 21:27:14(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
You might find the easiest way to get at what you want is to mount the upgrade file on a Linux system and then explore the files you want to look at. Even a Raspberry Pi should be able to do it.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Fabrice  
#12 Posted : 25 June 2022 10:05:51(UTC)
Fabrice

Hello,

therefore i read in the lokomotive.cs2 ( from the central station)file, since there are all my current locs.

I only use the items that i find usefull for me, such as the name, address, decoder type, and for each loc also the functions.

however, when i read in the functions, i have a number, so far so good, but also a typ this should be corresponding a functionicon/ functiondescription. for instance cab light, or typhoon ...

does someone know where to find the corresponding descriptions, since the lokomotive.cs2 file describes them for instance as typ=48 ...what is 48???

I hope someone does know these types and where to find descend documentation... I found already some documentation about the protocoll, but this is not always correct.

Kind regards

marklin guy from belgium

Hello from South Africa,

A bit late into the party... also busy writing my own control software mainly for automatic operations.

Am struggling to access config files, lokomotive.cs2 is supposed to be in /home/cs2/lokomotive.cs2 but can't access.

Please describe how you did it.

Thanks in advance
Offline sn00zerman  
#13 Posted : 05 February 2023 17:18:18(UTC)
sn00zerman

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: Fabrice Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

Kind regards

marklin guy from belgium

Hello from South Africa,

A bit late into the party... also busy writing my own control software mainly for automatic operations.

Am struggling to access config files, lokomotive.cs2 is supposed to be in /home/cs2/lokomotive.cs2 but can't access.

Please describe how you did it.

Thanks in advance

Just started doing development for my locomotion controller https://www.digitalplayground.be/?page_id=5171
you need to point your browser to the IP of your CS3, and you need the following links:
http://192.168.123.44/config/lokomotive.cs2
http://192.168.123.44/config/magnetartikel.cs2
http://192.168.123.44/config/fahrstrasse.cs2
http://192.168.123.44/config/gleisbild.cs2
(replace 192.168.123.44 by the IP of your CS3)

If you need images or icons, you don't need to download it from your CS3,
because this is time-consuming.
Just download the latest firmware, and unzip it.
It's a BTRFS file, that is mountable in linux. (first do: sudo apt-get install btrfs )
next, create a folder in /mnt and name it CS3
next, just "mount /location_and_name_of_BTRFS /mnt/CS3
You will then have all files from the update, in this folder.

You will find loc-images, function-icons, and icons for turnouts/signals etc ...
You can even replace the image in the splash folder with your own, rebuild the BTRFS and ZIP file, and flash it to your CS3,
a custom splashscreen at boot, is the result :-)

Happy programming from Belgium,
Kris

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by sn00zerman