Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline PeFu  
#1 Posted : 02 February 2019 15:29:02(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
The Internet is great for ordering stuff, as my nearest MR shop is 220 km from home... However, often the product descriptions on the net are missing information. I’m interested in the Vollmer platform 43536 H0 ”Bahnsteig Seeburg”. However, I would like to know

the length of the platform roof (L),
the height of the platform (H),
the width of the platform (W1) and
the width of the platform roof (W2)

93A4D80F-A7B8-4813-9817-50EE146916FE.jpeg

The Viessmann page - and other sites - indicate that the width is ”6,5/4,8” cm, and there is nothing in the manual that explains further.

Anyone out there who has this platform - or the more or less similar Vollmer 43535 H0 ”Bahnsteig Rheinburg” who could clarify...? As I’m laying the station tracks, this would be great to know!

Confused

(I also plan to use the Auhagen 41200 ”Bahnsteigkanten 13 mm” and make a custom platform, in combination with parts from the Vollmer platform.)
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 02 February 2019 15:38:08(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: PeFu Go to Quoted Post

The Viessmann page - and other sites - indicate that the width is ”6,5/4,8” cm, and there is nothing in the manual that explains further.

Well, judging by the dimensions given on the Viessmann page I would say your W1 is 6.5cm and W2 is 4.8cm, H will be suitable for HO models, and L could be worked out from the overall length of 96cm by counting the vertical ribs in the platform edge and working out how many there are in the length of the roof versus the overall length of the platform, but bear in mind the 96cm probably includes the seperate ramps for the ends of the platform.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline PeFu  
#3 Posted : 03 February 2019 01:57:45(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Well, judging by the dimensions given on the Viessmann page I would say your W1 is 6.5cm and W2 is 4.8cm, H will be suitable for HO models, and L could be worked out from the overall length of 96cm by counting the vertical ribs in the platform edge and working out how many there are in the length of the roof versus the overall length of the platform, but bear in mind the 96cm probably includes the seperate ramps for the ends of the platform.

Thanks kiwiAlan, I make the same assumptions, however before ordering it would be great to get the L, H, W1 and W2 from someone in possesion of a Seeburg bahnsteig....

Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
Offline PeFu  
#4 Posted : 03 February 2019 11:49:18(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   

Well, judging by the dimensions given on the Viessmann page I would say your W1 is 6.5cm and W2 is 4.8cm

I believe this photo from a set on eBay actually would imply the opposite, i.e. roof 6.5 cm and platform 4.8 cm?

8957D2D5-EEDB-4131-AD27-03EA46FF08F0.jpeg

Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 03 February 2019 14:25:17(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Well, judging by the dimensions given on the Viessmann page I would say your W1 is 6.5cm and W2 is 4.8cm

I believe this photo from a set on eBay actually would imply the opposite, i.e. roof 6.5 cm and platform 4.8 cm?

8957D2D5-EEDB-4131-AD27-03EA46FF08F0.jpeg

Oh, OK. That would mean the roof has to be high enough for coaches to go under it.

Offline SteamNut  
#6 Posted : 03 February 2019 23:01:45(UTC)
SteamNut

United States   
It looks similar to the Kibri kit 39556 Bahnsteig Sulzberb which I have. It worked well with my narrow track spacing (I use M track) and the height of the platforms worked well. If you are interested I can give use measurements.
Offline PeFu  
#7 Posted : 19 February 2019 07:14:51(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
After purchasing this item, I can confirm the following:

the length of the platform roof (L): 500 mm
the height of the platform (H): 12 mm
the width of the platform (W1): 48 mm
the width of the platform roof (W2): 65 mm

I thought the roof was longer. I will probably buy a "Rheinburg" platform to extend this to 750 mm, as the total platform length is approx. 1600 mm...

Cool
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by PeFu