Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Wasp  
#1 Posted : 09 November 2018 18:26:42(UTC)
Wasp

United Kingdom   
Hi not been on for a while but I would like to pick the brains of you gentlemen ,terminus station what do you think is the best way of wiring for when the train
Comes in stops. And then uncoupled from the coaches another takes it out .
Now in my thinking the loco that came in as soon as you put the power back in to the track it will go forward it to the buffers no ??.
Iam using Cs3+ .
Many thanks for all the interesting articles
Offline Minok  
#2 Posted : 09 November 2018 20:47:30(UTC)
Minok

United States   
If you are digitally controlling the station tracks - then you don't stop the train by powering off the track - you stop the train by sensing when the loco gets to the end (S88) and then set the loco speed to 0 (stop). (then do the uncoupling movement as needed).

If a different loco picks up the other end that should not affect the loco that brought the train in.

Now if you want to automate this - the uncoupling and new loco, or uncoupling, and the old loco driving around and recoupling at the other end, that is tricky. Conceptually doable, but the uncoupling technology isn't reliable enough with decoupling tracks to work 99.99999% of the time. If the new telex couplers ever get rock solid and retrofitable to all locos, then this task would be so much easier.

In the layout I'm planning and will be building in 2019-23+, there are two terminus stations - one at each end of the line, where I'm planing to work this very problem. I'm targeting computer control and will see how much of this can be reliably done in an automated fashion vs having to hand control that loco change part. The terminus stations I'm planning, will have an integrated loop-around track so that trains can seem to pull in, but actually run around and exit back out - so that at minimum unattended auto operations are possible if I want to have some trains not have to deal with the decoupling (due to the era I'm modeling, I don't have the control cab mode where the train just pushes the cars the other way)
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline PJMärklin  
#3 Posted : 10 November 2018 04:32:25(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Wasp Go to Quoted Post
Hi not been on for a while but I would like to pick the brains of you gentlemen ,terminus station what do you think is the best way of wiring for when the train
Comes in stops. And then uncoupled from the coaches another takes it out .
Now in my thinking the loco that came in as soon as you put the power back in to the track it will go forward it to the buffers no ??.
Iam using Cs3+ .
Many thanks for all the interesting articles

Hello Chris,

Are you controlling your train movements by hand (mind) or "automatic" by PC ?

Regards,

PJ
Offline Wasp  
#4 Posted : 10 November 2018 10:34:27(UTC)
Wasp

United Kingdom   
Don’t know yet I have Cs3 plus and thinking of using manual uncoupled so as the train goes over it will uncouple
Cheers
Offline Wasp  
#5 Posted : 10 November 2018 10:35:49(UTC)
Wasp

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post
If you are digitally controlling the station tracks - then you don't stop the train by powering off the track - you stop the train by sensing when the loco gets to the end (S88) and then set the loco speed to 0 (stop). (then do the uncoupling movement as needed).

If a different loco picks up the other end that should not affect the loco that brought the train in.

Now if you want to automate this - the uncoupling and new loco, or uncoupling, and the old loco driving around and recoupling at the other end, that is tricky. Conceptually doable, but the uncoupling technology isn't reliable enough with decoupling tracks to work 99.99999% of the time. If the new telex couplers ever get rock solid and retrofitable to all locos, then this task would be so much easier.

In the layout I'm planning and will be building in 2019-23+, there are two terminus stations - one at each end of the line, where I'm planing to work this very problem. I'm targeting computer control and will see how much of this can be reliably done in an automated fashion vs having to hand control that loco change part. The terminus stations I'm planning, will have an integrated loop-around track so that trains can seem to pull in, but actually run around and exit back out - so that at minimum unattended auto operations are possible if I want to have some trains not have to deal with the decoupling (due to the era I'm modeling, I don't have the control cab mode where the train just pushes the cars the other way)

Cheers and many thanks