Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline budi@ups4.com  
#1 Posted : 01 August 2018 05:00:31(UTC)
budi@ups4.com

Singapore   
I just purchase mfx M84 (#60842) and connect to my CS3. It is well detected and works well with defaults setting. However, when I change the CV97 setting to 8 switches and 8 address, I only got 4 switches on my CS3 screen. It works well and you can turn the switch On/Off. However, we suppose to have 8 switches and not only 4.

Did anyone ever encounter a similar problem and got the solution? or is it a bug with the latest CS3 firmware?
Offline Goofy  
#2 Posted : 01 August 2018 07:42:55(UTC)
Goofy

m84 do only have up to 4 users with one adress to set depends in which area of the keyboard.
Where did you get CV97 for the m84??
Never heard about this.
I suppose you mean CV79?
Did you write value 2?
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline clapcott  
#3 Posted : 01 August 2018 08:09:45(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: budi@ups4.com Go to Quoted Post
I just purchase mfx M84 (#60842) and connect to my CS3. It is well detected and works well with defaults setting. However, when I change the CV97 setting to 8 switches and 8 address, I only got 4 switches on my CS3 screen. It works well and you can turn the switch On/Off. However, we suppose to have 8 switches and not only 4.

Did anyone ever encounter a similar problem and got the solution? or is it a bug with the latest CS3 firmware?

As Goofy suggests, CV79 is the one to use.
However, if you are using the mfx configuration panel this is in English.

More to the point, I suspect you are expecting that the CS3 will show 8 icons after the change.
This is not the case so it is the CS3 that is the issue not the m84.

If you manually add another (4 port) accessory decoder, with the consecutive addresses , then you will be able to operate ports 5 to 8.

i.e. the CS3 needs 2xm8x references regardless of where the m8x itself is in 4 or 8 address mode.

Further note: if you are wishing to use the mfx configuration option you need to target the 1st m8x device (the one with the "m") - even for ports 5 to 8.

Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline budi@ups4.com  
#4 Posted : 02 August 2018 04:34:58(UTC)
budi@ups4.com

Singapore   
Thanks for sharing the information guys,

Sorry for the typo and yes, I have set the CV 79 and with CS3 there is no more mode written. They give you the option and you can choose from default, 8 latching relay 4 address, 8 switches 8 address and few other options, including energy safe 8 add and mode 6 (I don't know what it is)

Indeed, I fully agree that the bug is within SC3 and not the M84 itself. I did not try other option but for sure the 8 stiches and 8 address only give you four switches and 4 address.

Best regards,

Boody
Offline Goofy  
#5 Posted : 02 August 2018 10:23:05(UTC)
Goofy

I wonder if this m84 do work with the CS2?
The soft program in the CS2 is not the same in the CS3.
I believe it´s bug or missing support in the CS3 for the m84.
H0
Offline budi@ups4.com  
#6 Posted : 03 August 2018 01:05:13(UTC)
budi@ups4.com

Singapore   
Hi Goofy,

I think it does. Else someone else would discover it, Hard to believe that no one else ever tried this before with CS2. This option can save you money because you can use it to control 8 braking section with one M84.

I completely agree that this is a firmware bug in CS3. I already inform Marklin about this anomaly, but it may take quite sometime before they fix it.

Regards,

Boody
Offline Goofy  
#7 Posted : 05 August 2018 10:12:41(UTC)
Goofy

Hi Goofy,

I think it does. Else someone else would discover it, Hard to believe that no one else ever tried this before with CS2. This option can save you money because you can use it to control 8 braking section with one M84.

I completely agree that this is a firmware bug in CS3. I already inform Marklin about this anomaly, but it may take quite sometime before they fix it.

Regards,

Boody

I have never read about this system do work with the CS2 by of other members here.
It seems nobody had tried to use this system of the m84?

H0
Offline clapcott  
#8 Posted : 05 August 2018 10:48:52(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
They give you the option and you can choose from default, 8 latching relay 4 address, 8 switches 8 address and few other options, including energy safe 8 add and mode 6 (I don't know what it is)

I did not try other option but for sure the 8 stiches and 8 address only give you four switches and 4 address.

As I stated above, on the CS2 and CS3 you currently have to manually add another m84 to get addresses 5 to 8 to operate.

Peter
Offline clapcott  
#9 Posted : 05 August 2018 10:55:10(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Hard to believe that no one else ever tried this before with CS2.

You are welcome to believe what you want.

Have you actually searched this forum?
try...
https://www.marklin-user...of-addresses--CS3--m8--2
I gave up on Marklin addressing this and other related issues a number of years ago - that doesn't mean that the problem(s) has never been encountered.

Peter
Offline budi@ups4.com  
#10 Posted : 05 August 2018 13:31:58(UTC)
budi@ups4.com

Singapore   
hi Clapcott,

Adding another m84 is not the issue. If Marklin promise 8 switches with 8 address, then they should deliver it.

I make a matrix trigger board and 64 bistable relays (cost me less than USD 200) in such a way that I could turn my 64 layout section on and off utilizing 4x M84. If the 8 switch and 8 address work, I only need 2x m84....... Without this trigger board and default M84 setting, I will need 16x M84.