Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 29 December 2017 06:23:54(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
If I have a MS2 that has not been upgraded and want to use newer locomotives with it, how do I register the loks?
I tried to get it to scan for mfx lok for my new 39460, but it keeps coming back with keine Lok.

Regards

Mike C
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 29 December 2017 10:22:23(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
If I have a MS2 that has not been upgraded and want to use newer locomotives with it, how do I register the loks?
I tried to get it to scan for mfx lok for my new 39460, but it keeps coming back with keine Lok.
Good question, interesting question.

Some MS2s where shipped with version 1.1, others were shipped with version 2.5 or versions in between.
So I can definitely say you may need an update. Which version is your MS2?

You need 1.83 or newer for mfx+ decoders.
I don't recall which version is needed for ESU V4 M4 decoders, but the MS2 required a bugfix for those too.

Do you have version 1.83 or newer? Is the trackbox up-to-date?

You can disable mfx in the MS2 and drive the loco using DCC (default address 3). Automatic detection probably does not work in that case, the MS2 system is a bit buggy. Register the loco manually.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 29 December 2017 17:31:22(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I have the MS2 which came with the 29486 BLS Set. I do not have a CS, CS2 or CS3 from which to update it and there is no Maerklin dealer in Montreal.
I managed to enter a lok with a DCC address of 3 and was able to access the lok.
I don't know if this is something new, but there seems to be a slight delay between command and control.
I will have to see if I get the same result with the 6021 or my Lokprogrammer test track.

Regards

Mike C