Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline FV1974  
#1 Posted : 21 November 2017 21:30:24(UTC)
FV1974

United Kingdom   

When I run my trains, the lights work in opposite direction of travel. ie when I go forward, the rear lights of theengine work and vice a versa. How can I get that changed so that the lights are in line with the direction of travel?

Thanks
Offline RayF  
#2 Posted : 21 November 2017 23:14:41(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Hi,

Could you give us some more information?

It would be helpful if you told us what loco you are referring to. What's the catalogue number? Is it digital or analogue? if it's digital what decoder is fitted?
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline river6109  
#3 Posted : 21 November 2017 23:31:27(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Frank, Fred, Fletcher,

To change it, it depends on: if analog what type of loco, what type of decoder if digital: has it an 8 pin plug ?, what type of decoder, manufacturers name, if ESU you would need a loco programmer to change it or change the light wires from front to back. has anybody done any work on your loco ?

regards.,

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 22 November 2017 07:55:06(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: FV1974 Go to Quoted Post
How can I get that changed so that the lights are in line with the direction of travel?
For locos with the C90 motor you just have to turn the magnet around to reverse the direction of travel. This may have happened while cleaning the loco.

With modern decoders the direction can be changed via decoder programming - depending on the decoder model.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline FV1974  
#5 Posted : 22 November 2017 08:45:26(UTC)
FV1974

United Kingdom   
It applies to all my locos making me wonder whether it has something to do with how I have set up my Delta and connections. My three locos are
3021 v200

I can’t remember anyone having serviced them. But then again I haven’t used them for 25 years and can’t remember what I did at the time when I introduced the Delta system to my set.

I am using a 16A transfo and the Delta selector (4 connections)
Offline river6109  
#6 Posted : 22 November 2017 09:15:46(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
It applies to all my locos making me wonder whether it has something to do with how I have set up my Delta and connections. My three locos are
3021 v200

I can’t remember anyone having serviced them. But then again I haven’t used them for 25 years and can’t remember what I did at the time when I introduced the Delta system to my set.

I am using a 16A transfo and the Delta selector (4 connections)

try reversing the wires going to the track or visa versa to the transformer: red wire to middle track and brown wire to outer track.

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 22 November 2017 10:02:49(UTC)
H0

Hi!
But then again I haven’t used them for 25 years and can’t remember what I did at the time when I introduced the Delta system to my set.
So maybe it was always like that because lights were wired the wrong way around in the first place.
With Delta decoders, swapping wires in the locos is the only option I'm aware of.
Swapping wires between Delta controller and track or between transformer and Delta controller probably won't make any difference.

Do the wires for front and rear lights have different colours with your decoders? If so, make sure the lights are wired correctly. If so, swap the blue and green wires going to the motor.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage