Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline hampton  
#1 Posted : 05 August 2017 02:28:01(UTC)
hampton

Germany   
Hello together,

around three years ago we were looking for a possibility to replace the old Märklin C-sine-decoders and broken SDS and compact sine driver-boards. Finally we decided to develop a non-commercial BLDC controller customized for model railroad application. The latest development is the Gen3.2 controller which is able to drive all sensored BLDC motors and works excellent with all Märklin sine motors. The main thread is on www.stummiforum.de but it might be interesting for you as well.

Key features of the controller:
- Compatible with all Märklin sine motors (C-sine, compact-sine, SDS, steam loco C-sine)
- Compatible with other sensored BLDC-Motors; e.g. Maxon EC-Flat (only limited by max. voltage and current of the controller)
- C-sine or Maxon EC-Flat connector on board; compact sine and SDS via adapter board
- control via SUSI interface
- controller configuration by CVs
- Plux22 decoder connector
- Solder pads for AUX, speaker, SUSI, etc.
- Programmable speed characteristic
- Configurable min. and max. motor speed, max. current, PID parameter, etc.
- Motor overcurrent protection
- Motor brake
- ESU power pack control
- On board capacitor charge and control circuit
- Firmware update via UART interface
- UART telemetry protocol (wire based or via external bluetooth adapter)
- PC configuration, update and control tool
- operation voltage down to 4V

For pictures, videos, conversion report etc. see Stummiforum BLDC driver with an overview in the very first post.
Within the next month we will presumably create a smaller version of the controller perhaps with 21MTC-connector.

Additionally we developed three different SUSI-AUX expander which are compatible with the BLDC controller (8x AUX; 4x AUX+2xServo and 4x AUX). The 4x AUX version can be used as a fixture to use the controller with the black Märklin 6090-decoder carriers.
SUSI AUX expander

Florian
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by hampton
Offline applor  
#2 Posted : 05 August 2017 08:06:46(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Excellent work, this is great news!

I am not very familiar with SUSI but a MTC-21 connector would be appealing.

modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
Offline hampton  
#3 Posted : 05 August 2017 11:47:58(UTC)
hampton

Germany   
There's no need to understand SUSI in detail. BigGrin

You should know this is a standardized serial interface available on many/all decoders with Plux22, 21MTC, Next18 interfaces. Futhermore there are some decoders from e.g. Tams electronics which provide Susi at a 4-Pin connector.

Today SUSI is mainly used for Sound modules or AUX control circuits in locos.

We decided to work with SUSI because there's the possibility for remote configuration of the controller via CVs. Additionally the decoder provides numerous status information like desired speed, current speed, on/off Aux state etc. via SUSI which are helpful for motor control.
Offline mario54i  
#4 Posted : 07 August 2017 10:39:56(UTC)
mario54i

Italy   
I followed this topic on Stummi but my knowledge of German is not enough to fully understand. Is this board available ? Thanks
Offline Moritz-BR365  
#5 Posted : 07 August 2017 15:43:10(UTC)
Moritz-BR365

Germany   
Hello,
I attemd the beta test phase of this great development two years ago. See here my report: https://www.marklin-users.net/forum/posts/m499023-10-years-too-late---a-review-of-two-E-19-siblings#post499023

I didn't participate in the last development step because of the decision to support only PluX22 native and not mtc21. Therefore, it was useless for me and I had not the experience to solder the parts by myself.

But now, with the hopefully upcoming new version with native mtc21 support, I will be back on this project! Of course, I will not really have usage, because my E 19 is well fitted with the Gen1 version and the E 94 will receive the new DsM 2.0 from Rail4You.ch. But I will be interested in the comparison of these two very different developments.

Looking forward,
Moritz
Offline hampton  
#6 Posted : 08 August 2017 09:09:07(UTC)
hampton

Germany   
Quote:
Is this board available ? Thanks

Only from time to time (non-commerical just4fun project).
If you leave your contact data by mail/pm we can inform you as soon as they are.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by hampton