Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<45678>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline TEEWolf  
#251 Posted : 22 August 2017 00:06:42(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: TrainIride Go to Quoted Post
Well,

I did not imagine that French trains and cars were such subjects of controversy BigGrin

- owner of a French car now, the previous was an Opel -,

I would be pleasantly surprised if our favorite model train brand
was interested in delivering a purely French steamer, the first one in HO ?

Best Regards
Joël

Oh, no controversary about cars and trains, but indeed we are getting off the topic. But I think it is a topic worhtwhile to discuss and extend it. So I opened another thread for further discussion and perhaps of cars too?Smile

Please refer to

https://www.marklin-user...in-the-future#post551343

I named it:

"New Maerklin special locos in the future - marklin-users.net members define primary (first-class) locos from countries worlwide".

And perhaps one of the admins may shift relevant posts to this other, new thread, if possible?

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline TEEWolf  
#252 Posted : 22 August 2017 00:19:04(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: danmarklinman Go to Quoted Post
But usually just Marklin. Marklin have said in the past, I believe on a wish list Insiders could vote for, if we/us would like to see. A SNCF 241a Est Mountain??

I opened a new wishlist. Open for old and new proposals to Maerklin by Insiders and marklin-users.net members. A list we shall present to the "Mister Maerklins", Sieber senior and junior, the owner of Maerklin. Perhaps at the IMA days in 4 weeks time?

Please refer to this topic

https://www.marklin-user...cial-locos-in-the-future

and write your opinion for my proposal.
Offline NS1200  
#253 Posted : 22 August 2017 16:15:23(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
The Hornby Jouef version (new tooling?) of the SNCF 241 P would be released in December 2017.
It looks bloody terrific to me!
It has a diecast frame,apparently.
Now waiting for Marklin to better it.

https://www.hornby.com/u...rands/jouef-h0-1-87.html

A terrible thought just creeped up on me.
Years ago Marklin issued the Harry Potter train which was basically a Hornby DC product turned into an AC Marklin version.
The train was not bad value for the money but it was not a real Marklin product either.
Could it be that Marklin is planning to issue an AC version of the Hornby/Jouef DC SNCF 241 P?

As the saying goes,there is no greater fear than fear itself.

http://www.vectis.co.uk/...ionImages/409/3638_l.jpg

https://assets.catawiki....e4-9571-468740db43cd.jpg

Edited by user 23 August 2017 03:40:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Have more than you show,speak less than you know (Shakespeare).
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NS1200
Offline danmarklinman  
#254 Posted : 23 August 2017 09:02:03(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: NS1200 Go to Quoted Post
The Hornby Jouef version (new tooling?) of the SNCF 241 P would be released in December 2017.
It looks bloody terrific to me!
It has a diecast frame,apparently.
Now waiting for Marklin to better it.

https://www.hornby.com/u...rands/jouef-h0-1-87.html

A terrible thought just creeped up on me.
Years ago Marklin issued the Harry Potter train which was basically a Hornby DC product turned into an AC Marklin version.
The train was not bad value for the money but it was not a real Marklin product either.
Could it be that Marklin is planning to issue an AC version of the Hornby/Jouef DC SNCF 241 P?

As the saying goes,there is no greater fear than fear itself.

http://www.vectis.co.uk/...ionImages/409/3638_l.jpg

https://assets.catawiki....e4-9571-468740db43cd.jpg

It's not going to be a 241p?
It will be if anything a 241a Est machine???
Two completely different engines except they have the same amount of wheels?
Please read my thread above? The 241p is in green in the video and the 241a the largest steam loco in France 🇫🇷 is black lined in red?
Rest assured it will not be a hornby product as the Harry Potter train was to do with license agreements I believe??
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
Offline TrainIride  
#255 Posted : 23 August 2017 09:38:56(UTC)
TrainIride

France   
Well, that is the risk.

Imagine you are a German model train builder,
you want to design a new mold for an exotic loco - French railway for example,
you know it will sold 100 times less than a new German loco
you know French people are not mostly in 3Rails that sells here 10 times less than DC - a Trix model will be a basis
imagine in France, a majority of modellers are "rivets-counters" who will impose to correct invisible details (for me) and to re-design the mold again and agaain ...

So Partnership with another model train builder can be sadly a solution.

As you all I would prefer a real Märklin model entirely made of metal, and even not a Trix one with its ugly DC contacts...

if the purpose was to develop French railway offer, in this case, why the 37813 150z has been a one-time serie ?

Best Regards
Joël
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by TrainIride
Offline NS1200  
#256 Posted : 23 August 2017 18:34:47(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
danmarklinman,relax and take it easy.
I did not attack you personally so there is no reason to shoot the messenger.
On 16th August member Vilithejou reported a possible Marklin surprise which could have a link to a movie.
I was one of the first to suggest it could have to do with the remake of Murder on the Orient Express.
In this movie there will be a French express locomotive.
One important decision within commercial companies is the "make or buy"" decision.
Do we make it ourselves and does it yield a profit if we do so is the question.
If the productioncosts are such that the yield will be minimal or negative,decision could be made to buy it elsewhere,provided that fits into the general sales strategy.
If the sales strategy of Marklin means to get a bigger French marketingshare,they might start producing new French Marklin models.
If the strategy means to just grab a slice of the movie revenues,they might buy the locomotives elsewhere and put the Marklin sticker on,that is what they did with the Harry Potter train.
There is a danger when buying elsewhere in that clients might recognize the true maker and will stop paying premium prices for non-original products.
I am sure the marketing guys and girls from Marklin know this.
i am not an expert of French locomotive types,i just found the Hornby Jouef steamer and reckonned it could be the forthcoming Marklin locomotive,that is all.
Let us wait for the release by Marklin later in the year.
Offline NS1200  
#257 Posted : 23 August 2017 18:44:32(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Well, that is the risk.

Imagine you are a German model train builder,
you want to design a new mold for an exotic loco - French railway for example,
you know it will sold 100 times less than a new German loco
you know French people are not mostly in 3Rails that sells here 10 times less than DC - a Trix model will be a basis
imagine in France, a majority of modellers are "rivets-counters" who will impose to correct invisible details (for me) and to re-design the mold again and agaain ...

So Partnership with another model train builder can be sadly a solution.

As you all I would prefer a real Märklin model entirely made of metal, and even not a Trix one with its ugly DC contacts...

if the purpose was to develop French railway offer, in this case, why the 37813 150z has been a one-time serie ?

Best Regards
Joël

I do understand all this,of course.
But hey,you are in bussiness to do bussiness,right?
If Volkswagen would buy Citroen cars and name them Volkswagen,would you call that Volkswagen cars?
Marklin is still known for its quality and heavy metal locomotives,if you are going to depart from that and call a Jouef locomotive a Marklin product,i dare to say your company is on the way down.
if Marklin wish to penetrate into the French market,or any market for that matter,there will be a need for sound investment in product,not just buying products from others.
Because of the very high investment required for new models,the tendency is to produce new versions of earlier releases,look at the Big Boy versions and the various versions for the steamer 01 for example.
On this basis i do not expect an entirely new French Marklin model made by Marklin,but i could be wrong.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by NS1200
Offline danmarklinman  
#258 Posted : 23 August 2017 19:03:38(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Hi NS1200, text can come across in a bad way, and I'm sorry if it has😱No offence was intended. My knowledge of French Railways is good as I have been many times to France, it being, easy and relatively cheap for me to do a day trip of train watching:-)
You may not have seen what cinema goers have seen, my mistake .☺️As I sat down to watch the new Dunkirk film, there was a feature on the making of and interviews with the actors in the new Murder on the Orient express . You might like to know that the SNCF 241a added parts to make it look Turkish? I think. I.e. A star on the smoke box door and a cowcatcher. The loco is definitely a ex sncf 241a 26 EST machine, and Marklin have even put that in there poll?
So maybe your right. The might just produce this type of loco, as it's never been made by any mainstream Manufacturer?
Only Micrometalkit have made it in very limited numbers and at great expense in DC two rail?
So fingers crossed for the very fine looking locomotive:-)
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by danmarklinman
Offline NS1200  
#259 Posted : 23 August 2017 21:18:33(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
danmarklinman,

No offence taken,life is short,please try and enjoy every day without bitterness.
My father passed away on 12th July,aged 83,it made me realise that in life there is no time to waste on negative energy.

These SNCF locomotives are entirely new territory to me,i saw a Mistral version,there must have been an Orient Express version,and the Swiss owned machine was used on the Paris to Simplon Express????
And you know how (war) movies are like: nothing compared to reality.
I saw many war movies with American tanks converted into German tanks,ordinary planes turned into fighterplanes.
The other day i saw a James Bond movie with a Hercules transportplane bearing the Russian Red Star.........
So,who knows how the train will look like in the new Murder on the Orient Express?
I just have the feeling that Marklin will come up with a French locomotive for the Orient Express coachset they issued earlier.

About French railways: these pre WW2 scenes from a French movie show the hard life of a steamloco crew,the loco is not a 241,it is 231:

Edited by user 26 August 2017 05:32:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by NS1200
Offline TrainIride  
#260 Posted : 24 August 2017 09:52:55(UTC)
TrainIride

France   

Because of the very high investment required for new models,the tendency is to produce new versions of earlier releases,look at the Big Boy versions and the various versions for the steamer 01 for example.
On this basis i do not expect an entirely new French Marklin model made by Marklin,but i could be wrong.

So...
gathering all the informations:
- Orient express
- French version
- new version of an earlier release

Makes me remind of Primex Orient Express with chocolate SNCF 230F 270 based on old P8 mold...
==> let me bet on a chocolate and sound version of the new P8 mold (as was build the black SNCF 230F 373 #37036) Drool

Best Regards
Joël

Offline kimballthurlow  
#261 Posted : 24 August 2017 10:36:06(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
NS1200 wrote:

About French railways: these pre WW2 scenes from a French movie show the hard life of a steamloco crew,the loco is not a 241:

"La Bête Humaine"....still banned in Australia.
A truly evocative movie showing the hard life of an engineman ...... and a murderer.

Some of the best footplate (in the cab) scenes you will ever see.

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline kiwiAlan  
#262 Posted : 24 August 2017 14:49:45(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

So...
gathering all the informations:
- Orient express
- French version
- new version of an earlier release

Makes me remind of Primex Orient Express with chocolate SNCF 230F 270 based on old P8 mold...
==> let me bet on a chocolate and sound version of the new P8 mold (as was build the black SNCF 230F 373 #37036) Drool

Best Regards
Joël

No, I reckon it will be the Vanderbilt mentioned in another thread. This will appeal to the US market (like the Challenger) and I beleive it has more than one livery, and would have a reasonable number of road numbers to provide some production longevity allowing amortisation of the development.
Offline NS1200  
#263 Posted : 24 August 2017 18:18:14(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
kiwiAlan,

Marklin indicated that the new loco would feature in a movie,hence the link to Murder on the Orient Express.

Is the Vanderbilt also to appear in a movie?
Offline NS1200  
#264 Posted : 24 August 2017 20:01:47(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Come to think of it,i have Marklin 3317 in the collection,nice SNCF locomotive for a nice price.

http://www.marklinfan.net/Almagik2/3317c.jpg
Offline NS1200  
#265 Posted : 26 August 2017 15:37:07(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post
NS1200 wrote:

About French railways: these pre WW2 scenes from a French movie show the hard life of a steamloco crew,the loco is not a 241:

"La Bête Humaine"....still banned in Australia.
A truly evocative movie showing the hard life of an engineman ...... and a murderer.

Some of the best footplate (in the cab) scenes you will ever see.

regards
Kimball

Interesting movie, "The Human Beast",enginedriver has a secret hobby,he likes killing women.
His much younger girlfriend has her own scenario,she is married and has plans to murder her older sugar-daddy.
Who is going to fall into the trap,what does she know about the engine driver?
Why banned in Australia?
The movie was made in 1938,nowadays we are invited to murder prior to the 8 oclock news,at least in Holland.

Offline Leitner  
#266 Posted : 26 August 2017 20:24:59(UTC)
Leitner

Taiwan, Province Of China   
If they do the 241 I'll buy it immediatly...
Ep. III (My layout is set in 1962).
I collect mainly DSB, DB and SBB but I'm quite... Open minded.
I'm quite a big collector of NOHAB lok :)
Offline danmarklinman  
#267 Posted : 26 August 2017 21:01:12(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
I sooooo want one 😁😎😍
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by danmarklinman
Offline kimballthurlow  
#268 Posted : 27 August 2017 01:44:22(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
I sooooo want one 😁😎😍....]

Dan I am sure you have nailed it.
New movie ..... Orient Express......
What else could it be.....z!

And member vilithejou has already explained in the other thread, that Marklin offered this choice of model in a 2009 poll ....
Some of the others in that poll have already been produced.
And now this.

Be prepared to pay a premium price for it, and likely to be worth it.

regards
Kimball

HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline Jabez  
#269 Posted : 27 August 2017 02:50:51(UTC)
Jabez

Belgium   

Interesting movie, "The Human Beast",enginedriver has a secret hobby,he likes killing women.

Don't forget the original Emile Zola novel. It naturally explores in more detail what drives the characters in a sordid drama than is possible in the movie condensation. Although the movie footplate scenes are indeed among the best ever filmed. You can download the book for free from Project Gutenberg, in original French or in English and possibly other translations.
Jabez

I heard that lonesome whistle blow. Hank Williams
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Jabez
Offline NS1200  
#270 Posted : 27 August 2017 08:38:16(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Jabez,agreed of course.
A novel can much better tell about personal drives of people.
Being on the edge of retirement i might as well have a go at the downloaded book,thank you for that.
I am not a fanatic reader (my wife is),i like the visual impact of movies whilst immediately observing the shortcomings of the moviedirectors.
Using a Hercules plane with the Russian Red Star in a Bond movie for me means absolute failure.

My favorite book,read dozens of times: "Battle Cry" by Leon Uris,about US Marines in the Pacific in WW2,it was his first book,later he wrote "Exodus".
Uris was himself a Marine in WW2,the book seems to be some sort of autobio.
Dutch title "Gezworen kameraden" ("Sworn Comrades").

https://images.gr-assets...ks/1410141181l/42694.jpg

https://img.2dehands.be/...1-gezworen-kameraden.jpg

My favorite movie,full of human shortcomings and motives,is "The Purple Plain" (not "Plane"!) with Gregory Peck,great music too.

Cheers,
Paul.

Edited by user 27 August 2017 12:44:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline kimballthurlow  
#271 Posted : 27 August 2017 13:18:20(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   

His much younger girlfriend has her own scenario,she is married and has plans to murder her older sugar-daddy.
Who is going to fall into the trap,what does she know about the engine driver?
Why banned in Australia?
The movie was made in 1938,nowadays we are invited to murder prior to the 8 oclock news,at least in Holland.

Hello Paul,
I have watched the movie on my computer, but please don't tell the Australian Censor.

We have fairly strict censorship here in Australia.
The ban on "The Human Beast" was made back in 1938 to protect the morals of the innocent people of Australia.
We all knew that the French were immoral (...the Can-can, public displays of affection etc etc), and this movie was even worse.
The Australian Censor has not got around to updating that, and probably does not want to.

Australia was an "innocent" country prior to WWII. We were all in bed by 22:30, and up at 6:00 - yes we had radio, very few people owned cars, we all worked 40 hour weeks, shops were closed on Saturday and Sunday, and we all went to church at least on Sunday. Men and women both wore hats out of doors. Hotels opened at 10:00 and closed at 18:00, and alcohol was prohibited to those under 21. Night life was limited to a weekly dance in the local community hall, oor a movie at a cinema.
Until we saw many migrants from Europe in the post 1946 era, Australia had a very singular population of Anglo-whites.
We had a White Australia policy, where no person other than from a white European background, could emigrate here.
And even then we filtered out undesirables by having a language test, which was set for you to fail if the authorities wanted you too fail.

I see it through child-like eyes where much is filtered out. The history is likely far more complex.

Kimball

Edited by user 28 August 2017 00:46:39(UTC)  | Reason: Added the last sentence.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline NS1200  
#272 Posted : 27 August 2017 16:26:12(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Kimball,

Living on an innocent island has its merrits,surely,not all is bad.
Prior to WW2 The Netherlands were innocent too,what wrong could ever happen to us?
Today we are very liberated and open minded,that is to say on the outside.
On the inside many unwritten laws do still play their role,laws which have been given to you by your parents.
Most still believe in "law and order",including me!
Violence on TV has become the trend,which does not mean to say that most people approve that.
Sex on TV is no longer interesting,we have had our sexual revolution a long time ago,we just needed some "ice-breaking" events to get there.
On 9th October (my birthday!) 1967 we had our first naked woman on TV,questions were asked in parliament!
The movie "Turks Fruit" ("Turkish Delight") in 1973 had some explicit scenes,made after the book by our famous writer Jan Wolkers,almost everything written by him i can highly recommend,he dared to write what others only dreamed in their darkest corners of the mind.
The TV series "De Stille Kracht" ("The Silent Force") in 1974 was about mysterious powers in Indonesia with well known actress Pleuni Touw showing her breasts.
This is all over 40 years ago!
We are still hard working and well educated,perhaps the Americans think otherwise,only seeing a small part of Amsterdam...........

Paul.

Edited by user 27 August 2017 19:47:33(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by NS1200
Offline steventrain  
#273 Posted : 29 August 2017 15:15:48(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Some dealers said Fall 2017 will be online this week.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline Minok  
#274 Posted : 29 August 2017 19:41:26(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post

>FALL 2017 NEW ITEMS 5MB<
(Fall online not yet until this week)

Did you mean not online until next week? Because it already is this week now. Or did you mean later this week?
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline vilithejou  
#275 Posted : 30 August 2017 10:02:28(UTC)
vilithejou

MAr app on Android (Play store) There is an update with the new items of autumn

You only can see the cover
Joan Vilarrúbia
vilithejou@yahoo.es
Fan of Märklín, Kroko lover
Offline steventrain  
#276 Posted : 30 August 2017 12:04:11(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Email newsletter from dealer.Smile

4 or 5 MHI 3/2017.
35 plus items.

But I am away to funeral all day.Sad
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline Sankch  
#277 Posted : 30 August 2017 22:07:59(UTC)
Sankch

Cover is a german steam machine
Offline vilithejou  
#278 Posted : 30 August 2017 22:21:15(UTC)
vilithejou

A few list of the new items:

36197 Vectron 200th Theodor Friedredich Wilhem Marklin
39034 BR18.5 18 505 with BR 45 tender full functions
43279 4 cocaches for BR18.5
37212 V140 DRG Museum version
36626 BR 146 TRAXX Euroexpres
43946/43947/43948 Coaches for 36626
26607 BR15 (S2/6) DRG with coaches
6 coaches Ep IV like 43960
Rollendelanstrasse 5 coaches
Regio Set doppelstockwagen with new road number, reedition
39979 Rail car schenienbus DNV touristic Ep VI
48655/48656/48657 Heavy dutty flatcar collaboration with Tillig, 4 axel each one
42387 SBB coaches, additional cars 42386 with Ae 3/6 NH2017
48062 Transwaggon DiePost Wascosa, 3 coaches
Christmas vagon

Some new items Z and 1

Tomorrow we have the pdf
Joan Vilarrúbia
vilithejou@yahoo.es
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by vilithejou
Offline steventrain  
#279 Posted : 30 August 2017 22:55:47(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Stummi forum said online Tomorrow 11am Germany time.

I guess it is 30030 BR24 reproduction?
Offline vilithejou  
#280 Posted : 30 August 2017 23:05:18(UTC)
vilithejou

Stummi forum said online Tomorrow 11am Germany time.

I guess it is 30030 BR24 reproduction?

No, there isn't any reproduction.. in pdf o fall new items

It's possible that will be some aditional items out of the pdf
Joan Vilarrúbia
vilithejou@yahoo.es
Offline danmarklinman  
#281 Posted : 30 August 2017 23:09:45(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Mad LOL Crying
Looks like know sncf 241a
Boooooo
Still, at least the wife won't cut my Nicky nacky nooos of when she sees the price. BigGrin
I've got to much on order anyway Flapper
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by danmarklinman
Offline Erik Stampe  
#282 Posted : 30 August 2017 23:14:19(UTC)
Erik Stampe

Denmark   
Hi

Here is the PDF

Regards
Erik

DE_mae_henh2017_Internet.pdf (6,075kb) downloaded 189 time(s).
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by Erik Stampe
Offline Leitner  
#283 Posted : 31 August 2017 00:07:19(UTC)
Leitner

Taiwan, Province Of China   
Ep. III (My layout is set in 1962).
I collect mainly DSB, DB and SBB but I'm quite... Open minded.
I'm quite a big collector of NOHAB lok :)
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Leitner
Offline AmalfiCoast  
#284 Posted : 31 August 2017 03:13:00(UTC)
AmalfiCoast

United States   
Is there anything from the fall 2017 new items that is going on your wishlist? There wasn't anything I "had to have" so I think I'll go ahead and order the 26604 set.

David
Offline mrmarklin  
#285 Posted : 31 August 2017 03:42:51(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Some good stuff. I already have 26607. It uses Trix lighting kits.

Love the Museum Lok. And one of a series!Cool

The Euro Express train is very striking.
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
Offline AmalfiCoast  
#286 Posted : 31 August 2017 04:13:23(UTC)
AmalfiCoast

United States   
Originally Posted by: mrmarklin Go to Quoted Post

Hi mrmarklin,

The 26607 is interesting. Is this a re-release of a prior item?

David
Offline mrmarklin  
#287 Posted : 31 August 2017 05:50:25(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Originally Posted by: AmalfiCoast Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mrmarklin Go to Quoted Post

Hi mrmarklin,

The 26607 is interesting. Is this a re-release of a prior item?

David

It must be. I've had mine for a while, but still purchased in 2017.

It was a non catalogued item when I bought it. I can't remember how I found out about it.
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
Offline kimballthurlow  
#288 Posted : 31 August 2017 06:41:51(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Is there anything from the fall 2017 new items that is going on your wishlist? There wasn't anything I "had to have" so I think I'll go ahead and order the 26604 set.

David

Oh I really like the V140 diesel hydraulic 37212, a historic machine.

If I get it, that would make my third diesel:
1. V200
2. DSB Nohab
3. V 140.

I dont really like diesels, but I have to salute the icons.

Kimball
Offline vilithejou  
#289 Posted : 31 August 2017 08:10:54(UTC)
vilithejou

David

Oh I really like the V140 diesel hydraulic 37212, a historic machine.

If I get it, that would make my third diesel:
1. V200
2. DSB Nohab
3. V 140.

I dont really like diesels, but I have to salute the icons.

Kimball

Be carefull... is the first one of serie of 5!!!! like Carl Berllingrodt, or Borsig edition
Joan Vilarrúbia
vilithejou@yahoo.es
Offline kimballthurlow  
#290 Posted : 31 August 2017 08:33:31(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: vilithejou Go to Quoted Post

Oh I really like the V140 diesel hydraulic 37212, a historic machine. ..
Kimball

Be carefull... is the first one of serie of 5!!!! like Carl Berllingrodt, or Borsig edition

Hi Joan,
Hmm......my purchase history is rather spotty anyway.

I have one Carl Berllingrodt edition (37054) and none of the Borsig edition.

The MHI Museum editions will have to be in my spotlight..... perhaps the E19 in red..... and the question has to be asked, will they be limited to museums within Germany?
What about the museum at Mulhouse (France), or the museum at Odense (Denmark), or the museums in Holland or Switzerland? Is there a museum in Italy, Sweden, or in Spain/Portugal?

Just asking :-).

Kimball
Offline RayF  
#291 Posted : 31 August 2017 08:48:03(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
The V140 is interesting, especially in the blue colour as we more commonly see it in red.

I'll wait to see what the price is like.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline vilithejou  
#292 Posted : 31 August 2017 08:58:03(UTC)
vilithejou

Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
The V140 is interesting, especially in the blue colour as we more commonly see it in red.

You can see in this color but wit road number V16 01, in the packet 37206...
for me is more beautiful in red scheme
Joan Vilarrúbia
vilithejou@yahoo.es
Offline vilithejou  
#293 Posted : 31 August 2017 08:59:34(UTC)
vilithejou

Originally Posted by: vilithejou Go to Quoted Post

Oh I really like the V140 diesel hydraulic 37212, a historic machine. ..
Kimball

Hi Joan,
Hmm......my purchase history is rather spotty anyway.

I have one Carl Berllingrodt edition (37054) and none of the Borsig edition.

The MHI Museum editions will have to be in my spotlight..... perhaps the E19 in red..... and the question has to be asked, will they be limited to museums within Germany?
What about the museum at Mulhouse (France), or the museum at Odense (Denmark), or the museums in Holland or Switzerland? Is there a museum in Italy, Sweden, or in Spain/Portugal?

Just asking :-).

Kimball

I think Germany.. We will not be so lucky.
Joan Vilarrúbia
vilithejou@yahoo.es
Offline kimballthurlow  
#294 Posted : 31 August 2017 11:19:20(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Mad LOL Crying
Looks like know sncf 241a
Boooooo
Still, at least the wife won't cut my Nicky nacky nooos of when she sees the price. BigGrin
I've got to much on order anyway Flapper

Don't give up yet - they did say "in a movie".
None in the PDF were in a movie.

Special announcement for sure.....
And as Stephen said, it will be announced in October when the MM can also report on the Marklin days in Goppingen.

Guard your nickys.... what what.

Kimball
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#295 Posted : 31 August 2017 12:20:05(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post

349.99 euro (RRP)
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#296 Posted : 31 August 2017 12:22:22(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   

But it's the first day of Spring tomorrow (Friday)! ThumpUp
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline kiwiAlan  
#297 Posted : 31 August 2017 14:34:51(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Hmm, effectively four parts to the 'Train stories 5', a loco (€220), a coach with sounds (€190), a two car set (€150) and a three car set (€240), all in a fictitious livery. This seems to be milking the 'train stories' series rather heavily at €800.

The only Christmas Loco is in G1.

The S2/6 in black didn't seem to sell well, and some dealers had been offering it with coaches to try and quit the unsold stock, now we have another black one ...

Another set of three wagons in yellow with writing on them, how well did last years set sell for? These seem to me to be the sort of wagons to do as individual items, as there must be a limited number ways to run these on a model layout.

Maybe I'll get the Train Stories individual sound coach so I have the 'special' coach, but not the rest, and the Christmas wagon, that is about all to interest me in there I think.

Online rmsailor  
#298 Posted : 31 August 2017 17:22:08(UTC)
rmsailor

Scotland   
I do like this year's Christmas wagon.
Bob M.
Offline Minok  
#299 Posted : 31 August 2017 19:42:46(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Interesting to me as its at the start of my era of modeling, the early 1970's older livery passenger cars in cobalt blue and chrome-dioxide green color schemes to build a 70's era passenger train.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Minok
Offline NS1200  
#300 Posted : 31 August 2017 19:44:40(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
The "Surprise" loco is still to come.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by NS1200