Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages<12345>»
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kimballthurlow  
#101 Posted : 15 January 2017 08:40:13(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: rmsailor Go to Quoted Post
Any reason why Marklin are illustrating the Australian versions of various locos?

Bob M.

????
I am unable to see them??

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline steventrain  
#102 Posted : 15 January 2017 10:37:45(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
If Starter set CS3 on list? Will be a 60226 CS3???
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline kimballthurlow  
#103 Posted : 15 January 2017 12:24:48(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Small bikkies I know, but I noticed a typo error on the 48931 banana car.
They say "Model: The car models a vertical board structure".

That should read "Model: The car models a horizontal board structure".

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline kiwiAlan  
#104 Posted : 15 January 2017 19:42:44(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
I did post in another thread on this forum that I Hadn't seen such start sets advertised in the brochures, then a bit later I had to retract the statement as Joes Modellbahn listed 4 such sets with cs3s, one of the sets was a Swiss mega start set, and three German ones.

This post has links to three of the four sets.

I presume you are aware of the thread on mega start sets over here.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline kiwiAlan  
#105 Posted : 15 January 2017 19:53:43(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: baggio Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Crazy Harry Go to Quoted Post
two steam locos,

Why TWO steam locos in the same package?

Would it not have been better to mix the nice steam loco with an electric one (or diesel)?

The set is nice, but I also question making a "starter" set with a CS controller: is it not too advanced for a beginner (who would be more likely to buy a starter set)? Confused

This set has two steam locos, a Br03 and a Br55.

Offline Crazy Harry  
#106 Posted : 16 January 2017 04:34:07(UTC)
Crazy Harry

Canada   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Crazy Harry Go to Quoted Post
two steam locos,

Why TWO steam locos in the same package?

Would it not have been better to mix the nice steam loco with an electric one (or diesel)?

The set is nice, but I also question making a "starter" set with a CS controller: is it not too advanced for a beginner (who would be more likely to buy a starter set)? Confused

This set has two steam locos, a Br03 and a Br55.

kiwiAlan, that's the set I was talking about (I have corrected the article number in my original post), it had the CS2 and Marklin's site says it is no longer in production. It was your original post about Joes Modelbahnlaedle that got me hoping that something would be in the 2017 New Items annoucement.

Silvano, maybe they should name it a ReStarter Set (i.e.: Re-entry und auf deutsch "Wiedereinsteiger") for those old experienced types wanting to get back into the hobby with the latest technology. I think that is the market niche Marklin was targeting with those sets.

Cheers,

Harold.

Offline Goofy  
#107 Posted : 16 January 2017 09:26:14(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
If Starter set CS3 on list? Will be a 60226 CS3???

No mega start with CS3.
Did read in stummiforum,that somebody did write an new CS4.

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Dimi194  
#108 Posted : 16 January 2017 11:37:07(UTC)
Dimi194

Australia   
Some really nice stuff this year!

Need some more mainline Diesels/Electrics for my railway (10 steam engines but only 4 diesels and 1 electric whoops) so 36291 looks like a buy... esp with the new MFX sound decoders which I found awesome in the Prarie Pony model.
Author of the gritty sci-fi novel 'Stories of Earth: WWIII' (featuring an awesome train chase)
Avid YouTuber (XtremeTrainz and TrainzXtreme) and train person!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Dimi194
Offline RayF  
#109 Posted : 16 January 2017 11:46:24(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I made up my mind. I've placed an order from Lokshop for the 37587 Br58 and the 36640 Br640 railcar.

Later in the year I might get the Br42 and a couple of items I missed out from last year's new items, such as the LAG freight railcar train and the SBB red arrow. You can still find these in Web-shops.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#110 Posted : 16 January 2017 13:07:52(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post

Please, don't start with this rubbish!

A CS4 might come in about 10 years time, but not now....
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline foumaro  
#111 Posted : 16 January 2017 14:31:53(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
When marklin put in the market a new controller like CS2 and CS3 offers the new controller in mega starter sets after 2-3 years after the controler's existanse in the market for obvious reasons.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#112 Posted : 16 January 2017 14:59:06(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: foumaro Go to Quoted Post
When marklin put in the market a new controller like CS2 and CS3 offers the new controller in mega starter sets after 2-3 years after the controler's existanse in the market for obvious reasons.

The links I gave above all claimed to be mega start sets with 60216 cs3+. Now I don't know if the dealer (Joes) had sold off the cs2s from these sets and replaced them with cs3+ units, I suspect he probably did as this appears to be the only dealer offering these sets. He also listed another set with a cs2, but it was still around the same price as these ones.

Offline H0  
#113 Posted : 16 January 2017 15:07:55(UTC)
H0

I did post in another thread on this forum that I Hadn't seen such start sets advertised in the brochures, then a bit later I had to retract the statement as Joes Modellbahn listed 4 such sets with cs3s, one of the sets was a Swiss mega start set, and three German ones.
Joe now sells CS2 starter sets with CS3s - probably he already sold the CS2s separately.

Check the numbers in the product database, those are starter sets from 2014 or 2015 where the controller was replaced.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Goofy  
#114 Posted : 16 January 2017 16:25:42(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post

Please, don't start with this rubbish!

A CS4 might come in about 10 years time, but not now....

I did wrote..."did read in stummiforum,that somebody did write..."
It´s not rubbish when i did just copy somebody did writed.
Don´t be silly David!
It´s not my fault.
One thing is sure...no megastart this year with the CS3.
If not less summer autumn...

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline H0  
#115 Posted : 16 January 2017 18:15:12(UTC)
H0

No mega start with CS3.
Posting a link would help. I prefer to see the German text instead of a Google (or Goofy) translation.
Dis is a link.

Somebody on Stummi's Forum made a joke that starter sets with a CS3 would come when the CS4 was almost ready in order to get rid of stocked CS3s.

No release date for the CS4 yet, so don't panic.
And the CS3 might stay in the catalogue for a few years after we saw the first starter sets with a CS3.

It is true that Märklin sometimes use starter sets to get rid of "soon to be discontinued" items before the discontinuation is announced.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Webmaster  
#116 Posted : 16 January 2017 18:47:20(UTC)
Webmaster

No mega start with CS3.

Of course, it was presented/reported already last year at Nuremberg by the site railhobby.nl.... BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

See picture 10 on this page

LOL LOL LOL

Don't believe everything that is written on the Internet... You get the most reliable info on this site....
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#117 Posted : 16 January 2017 22:30:13(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I did wrote..."did read in stummiforum,that somebody did write..."
It´s not rubbish when i did just copy somebody did writed.

You cannot use that defense, this is called gossiping or spreading unsubstantiated rumours.

Doesn't matter whether you wrote it or someone else wrote it, rubbish is still rubbish by any definition.
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Purellum  
#118 Posted : 16 January 2017 23:30:21(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

rubbish is still rubbish by any definition.

Especially when the "quoting" of the original German text got totally lost in translation.

Per.

Cool

If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Minok  
#119 Posted : 17 January 2017 21:26:10(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Well we know the old quote "Don't trust everything you read on the internet" by Abraham Lincoln.
It goes double for "Don't trust hearsay 3rd party re-posts from forums routed through a translator". I think Aristotle said that.

Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#120 Posted : 17 January 2017 21:43:58(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: esgovipa Go to Quoted Post

English version now available.

thanks 11 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#121 Posted : 18 January 2017 09:41:07(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Lokshop now has prices for 2017 new items on their website.

Similar to last year - 10% discount on H0 items and zilch on 1 Gauge items (makes no difference if I log in - I get the VAT exclusive price but for G1 items this is based on the un-discounted full retail price).
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#122 Posted : 21 January 2017 00:41:45(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I received an email from Brenda Hensleigh at Marklin USA today.

There is a 2017 new item that wasn't listed in the new items brochure, as it is an exclusive model intended for the North American market only.

39623.JPG
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline baggio  
#123 Posted : 21 January 2017 00:56:31(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
It's for sale in Toronto for CAD$339.00 plus 13% sales tax: Ontario Northland Loco 2017

In the USA should be the same.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by baggio
Offline H0  
#124 Posted : 21 January 2017 09:22:14(UTC)
H0

Similar to last year - 10% discount on H0 items and zilch on 1 Gauge items (makes no difference if I log in - I get the VAT exclusive price but for G1 items this is based on the un-discounted full retail price).
I made a test with item 55334.
List price is 999,99 Euro.
After logging into various web shops, I found the following prices:
875.90 Euro, 889.99 Euro, 949.90 Euro, 869.99 Euro.
All prices include VAT. No discounts showed before logging in.

I only tested a single I gauge item. Individual discounts may depend on customer status (previous purchases).
But it makes sense to compare prices, even for Märklin I gauge items.

I don't want to bring any dealer into trouble, so I do not post any dealer name here. I presume they have good reasons to show the RRP while no user is logged in.
Officially any dealer can calculate their own discounts - practically there may be some sanctions if they sell too cheap.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#125 Posted : 21 January 2017 09:44:01(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I was specifically referring to the Lokshop when I made that comment. I contacted them by email requesting if there was any discount on a particular G1 item that was listed on the website at full RRP. The 'logged in' price for this item showed at full RRP less the 19% VAT, which since I'm outside of the EU is expected.

Roland Baer replied back to me with a discounted offer off the full RRP, so I guess it always pays to contact store owners first to see what they will actually offer.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
H0Minok
Offline steventrain  
#126 Posted : 21 January 2017 11:17:48(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I was specifically referring to the Lokshop when I made that comment. I contacted them by email requesting if there was any discount on a particular G1 item that was listed on the website at full RRP. The 'logged in' price for this item showed at full RRP less the 19% VAT, which since I'm outside of the EU is expected.

Roland Baer replied back to me with a discounted offer off the full RRP, so I guess it always pays to contact store owners first to see what they will actually offer.

Lokshop is the best low price with log in,I check other most top dealers still keep RRP price (I think Marklin RRP price policy on G1)
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline H0  
#127 Posted : 21 January 2017 11:50:40(UTC)
H0

Lokshop is the best low price with log in,I check other most top dealers still keep RRP price (I think Marklin RRP price policy on G1)
I found three dealers that (after I logged in) show bigger discounts on Märklin I gauge items than LokShop.
LokShop is a very good dealer - but not always the cheapest.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Minok  
#128 Posted : 21 January 2017 21:51:32(UTC)
Minok

United States   
The problem that still confounds me is that it is still cheaper to order items from Germany (ex vat) and have shipped to me in the US vs a US dealer who then must ship the item as well. I want to support our US dealer side but I'm not going to pay $50-100 more per loco just to do so.
---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline Mark_1602  
#129 Posted : 21 January 2017 22:43:13(UTC)
Mark_1602

Luxembourg   
Hi all,

I like this year's news brochure better than last year's. As a matter of fact, I didn't order any of the Märklin locomotives announced in 2016, and that applies to the summer and autumn news as well, but the new DSB Nohab as well as the Arriva Lint 41 and a number of container cars definitely appeal to me.

After all the warranty cases I've had in the last five years, I hope that the quality of Märklin items has improved in the meantime, but that remains to be seen. There's lots of nice-looking stuff in the 2017 news brochure in my opinion. Finally, Märklin has tried a bit harder to present interesting and/or useful models than in the past, so I'll order those that fit into my (reduced) collection, but I won't spend a lot on trains because we bought a house last year.

Best regards,
Mark
Best regards, Mark

I like Märklin items produced in the 1960s or early '70s, but also digital locos & current rolling stock.
Offline baggio  
#130 Posted : 21 January 2017 23:00:20(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post
The problem that still confounds me is that it is still cheaper to order items from Germany (ex vat) and have shipped to me in the US vs a US dealer who then must ship the item as well. I want to support our US dealer side but I'm not going to pay $50-100 more per loco just to do so.

Do you not have to pay ON TOP duties or taxes of one type or another when you get the locos from Germany?

If so, then the difference may not be so much.

Also, a Walthers dealer may get you Marklin gear without any shipping charges. Just don't buy anything that is not at an excellent sale since Walther's regular prices for Marklin are far too high.

Marklin via Walthers
Offline Minok  
#131 Posted : 22 January 2017 00:28:24(UTC)
Minok

United States   

Do you not have to pay ON TOP duties or taxes of one type or another when you get the locos from Germany?

If so, then the difference may not be so much.

Also, a Walthers dealer may get you Marklin gear without any shipping charges. Just don't buy anything that is not at an excellent sale since Walther's regular prices for Marklin are far too high.

i believe the tax treaties between the US and Germany regarding toys eliminate that. I've not had to pay import taxes yet in dozens of imports from Germany or the U.K. Over many years.

The Walthers issue is the problem. If I want a new item for 2017 they are all significantly more in the us from a us dealer than from Germany from a German dealer. And I may not have to wait till god knows when to actually get the items, they will ship when available in Germany. Now for North American targeted product it may be different but in modeling DB
---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline baggio  
#132 Posted : 22 January 2017 01:08:42(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
believe the tax treaties between the US and Germany regarding toys eliminate that. I've not had to pay import taxes yet in dozens of imports from Germany or the U.K. Over many years.

That may explain the appeal in the US to order directly from Germany. ThumpUp

In Canada, we end up paying HST and potentially additional customs duties. There is even a tax that the local post office charges you to collect the HST from you!

What I do, is simply order from the local Marklin shop (Mike's) if he has it in stock and pay the Marklin website price (dollar more, dollar less). I then pick it up and everybody is happy. BigGrin

If Mike does not have it in stock, I have to decide if I want to wait or not on a case by case basis.

What I do not do is pre-order a product and wait one year to have it delivered. Scared Personal preference.

Offline Minok  
#133 Posted : 22 January 2017 02:04:44(UTC)
Minok

United States   
believe the tax treaties between the US and Germany regarding toys eliminate that. I've not had to pay import taxes yet in dozens of imports from Germany or the U.K. Over many years.

That may explain the appeal in the US to order directly from Germany. ThumpUp

In Canada, we end up paying HST and potentially additional customs duties. There is even a tax that the local post office charges you to collect the HST from you!

What I do, is simply order from the local Marklin shop (Mike's) if he has it in stock and pay the Marklin website price (dollar more, dollar less). I then pick it up and everybody is happy. BigGrin

If Mike does not have it in stock, I have to decide if I want to wait or not on a case by case basis.

What I do not do is pre-order a product and wait one year to have it delivered. Scared Personal preference.

Yup the Canadian and UK incoming mail services do charge duties. Thankfully all shipments from china from the U.K. from Germany all have been duty free. There is likely a threshold at which point I would need to pay. Never got to it. I'm guessing into the EU and Canada collects duties.

Yep, if one has a local Märklin dealer that's the way to go. But for most of the US we have No such things. The Seattle area model train dealers are all US make only focused near as I can tell. No Märklin products.

So many of the major online US based dealers have sites where you don't end up knowing when it's backordered for you until after you have placed the order. Got tired of that added onto paying more. So for new items I might as well wait as long as everyone else and save a bit of money.
---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline baggio  
#134 Posted : 22 January 2017 02:44:39(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
Yep, if one has a local Märklin dealer that's the way to go. But for most of the US we have No suchthings. The Seattle area model train dealers are all US make only focused near as I can tell.NoMärklin products.

But that is what I mean. Go to a local US train dealer for 2 rail DC. Ask to see if they import trains from Walthers. The answer will be "yes, of course."

You then pick a Marklin product in stock at Walthers and in a few days you get it. It makes no difference to them whether you ask for a Marklin train or a US train, as long as Walthers has it.

That is what I can do with a local US DC TRAIN DEALER. Once (but only once), I bought on sale (3 for 1) a Marklin commemorative wagon in a matter of days at US prices converted into CAD dollars.

ALL US DC train dealers that deal with Walthers can do that (I doubt there is any that does not deal with Walthers).

Try it.
Offline mike c  
#135 Posted : 22 January 2017 04:43:22(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
If you order an item from Walthers, they do charge the dealer for the shipping costs. If the order is part of a regular fill, then the shipping costs are divided by the number of items in the order. If you order a single item, the cost becomes more significant. This is no different than when you are ordering an item from Europe. It will cost you around $50 (US) or $60 (CAD). If you divide this between 4 or 5 items, it works out to between $10 to $15 per item, which is acceptable. Canada Post will charge you around $9 for handling, plus the applicable Federal and Provincial Sales Taxes.
I usually ship my items to my US address. Most shipments to the USA are inspected only for illegal goods and are not assessed duty or taxes. US citizens are supposed to declare such purchases to their local authorities and pay taxes at that point. I pay whatever tax that I owe at the border when I import the items to Canada.

As far as buying from local vs overseas. I live, as many of you know, in Montreal. I think that there is one model train shop left in town and they no longer stock European. I could special order the items, but they charge me whatever their list price is, and when you compare it to the European prices, it is way overpriced. Twenty years ago, when the dollar was around 62 cents US, I could buy a Marklin Re 460 in the USA for around $200US. The same item was selling in Toronto for $400CAD and change. The US price came out to at least $75 less than the Toronto price. When the dollar gained against the greenback, the Canadian prices dropped, but given that the US prices increased, it offset that gain a little bit. Today, an equivalent Re 460 is going for $270US (AJCKids), which today is around $370CAD. Eurorailhobbies originally listed the 37462 at $277US (I could not find the Canadian price). Listed Canadian prices were between $350 and $420. The same model at Joes in Germany was 249 EUR. With VAT removed and shipping costs added, it would come out to around $370CAD. You would then have to add Canadian tax and fees.

With the exchange between CAD and US increasing by at least 30%, the price of items ordered from US distributors has gone up by 30%. Orders from Europe have been unaffected, as the CAD-EUR rate remains around 1 to 1.5. The problem is that for goods made in China where the manufacturers have to pay the suppliers in USD, the cost has gone up by the same 30%. The end result is that you have to price shop your purchases very carefully. As I am ordering less than I used to and there are fewer items to group into shipments, it can be cheaper to order from North American sources than from overseas. As item releases are spread throughout the year, there are often not enough items to make the shipping costs worthwhile compared to what it costs here.

My biggest problem is that I have no option other than mail order. Whether it comes from Europe, from elsewhere in Canada or from the USA, I have to trust the dealer to ship me goods free of defects. When you order from one of these sources and you have to return something, you have to pay the return shipment and the other risk that I have encountered is that in this era or limited items, the item may not be replaceable through that dealer without having to cancel that transaction and source it from a new location.

If there are special items, (eg Dutch container cars, etc), I will order them from the country where I stand the best chance of locating that/those item(s) and then hopefully add an item or two to split up the shipping costs. For single items, it is often a better option to source them in North America.

As I stated, check the price and make your decision based on what gets you the most Wagen, Lok, Gleis for your buck.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline kiwiAlan  
#136 Posted : 22 January 2017 11:26:31(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Yup the Canadian and UK incoming mail services do charge duties. Thankfully all shipments from china from the U.K. from Germany all have been duty free. There is likely a threshold at which point I would need to pay. Never got to it.

There is a code to put on the parcels that indicates it is coming into the USA as model railway items and accessories, and as such is duty exempt. It has been discussed on the Marklin Bar and Grill Yahoo group, and I have repeated the advice on this forum some time back, so you should be able to find it by searching my posts. You should be asking anybody sending you such items from outside the USA to mark the customs declaration with this code, as my understanding is it is an international treaty code.

The advice is from a lawyer (who has Marklin as a hobby) who practices somewhere around New York, so I take it he knows what he is talking about.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline petestra  
#137 Posted : 22 January 2017 15:16:36(UTC)
petestra

United States   

Yup the Canadian and UK incoming mail services do charge duties. Thankfully all shipments from china from the U.K. from Germany all have been duty free. There is likely a threshold at which point I would need to pay. Never got to it.

There is a code to put on the parcels that indicates it is coming into the USA as model railway items and accessories, and as such is duty exempt. It has been discussed on the Marklin Bar and Grill Yahoo group, and I have repeated the advice on this forum some time back, so you should be able to find it by searching my posts. You should be asking anybody sending you such items from outside the USA to mark the customs declaration with this code, as my understanding is it is an international treaty code.

The advice is from a lawyer (who has Marklin as a hobby) who practices somewhere around New York, so I take it he knows what he is talking about.

Yes, Indeed. I have saved all my invoices over the years and the ones from Lokshop to me here in the USA are always marked; Model railroad articles,

Zolltarifnr. (customs tariff number), weight, value etc. I've never had a problem except for lately when for some reason shipping time has become much

longer than the usual 3 weeks for ECON shipping to the USA. Last package was sent to me from Lokshop on 12.12.16 and it's still not here!

Peter.Cool

Edited by user 25 January 2017 16:10:18(UTC)  | Reason: correct error

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by petestra
Offline steventrain  
#138 Posted : 25 January 2017 14:13:35(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Marklin Toy fair 2017 - 37871 E93 Black.

Infotag sonderlok- 39226 E94.

Both still yet to confirm.

Edited by user 25 January 2017 18:08:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline mrmarklin  
#139 Posted : 25 January 2017 18:18:23(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Marklin Toy fair 2017 - 37871 E93 Black.

Infotag sonderlok- 39226 E94.

Both still yet to confirm.

The Toy Fair Lok is for sure black E93 according to my German dealer. Drool

Commenting on some of the mail order issues:

I am on Reynauld's mailing list, and their pre-order prices are very close to German pricing. Some here have had problems with their back-order policy, but once you understand it, it's not hard to follow. Reynauld's is not my main dealer, but they carry Artitec products at good prices.

Sad fact of life is that mother M has continuous back-orders and the estimated delivery sheet that gets published on M's website is not that accurate. Some 2016 items are still waiting to be delivered. Even items that are repaints and not new castings are on that list!

Here's how I handle mail order:
I only deal with one dealer. Price shopping does not create any loyalty whatsoever. So when that "must have" limited item comes out you may not be on any priority list to obtain it. My dealer is not always lowest, but he is competitive and only charges actual postage, not a percentage.
I ask him not to ship unless the accumulated items total around EUR 1,000. This is to save on postage, and DHL gives free insurance on orders of EUR 1,000 or less.

I don't get very excited about back orders. How can I? The dealer has no control over this from the factory. I don't mind being charged when the item is shipped. My dealer sends an invoice by email to me when items are shipped and has my CC information on file to expedite things. I've advised my CC card company that this dealer is on the good guy list, and not to hassle charges from this foreign source. Due to a lot of fraud, CC companies are leery of seemingly odd foreign charges. My CC does not charge me a foreign exchange fee for any transaction, I get a truly pure exchange rate.
My dealer is large enough that when ordering a stock item, he actually has it in stock. This can help a lot if timing is critical. Which for items such as track, switches and accessories etc can be time sensitive if you're working on a project!
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by mrmarklin
Offline Markus Schild  
#140 Posted : 25 January 2017 20:35:45(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   
39226:

UserPostedImage

Regards

Markus
thanks 9 users liked this useful post by Markus Schild
Offline twmarklinfan  
#141 Posted : 26 January 2017 12:45:46(UTC)
twmarklinfan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Markus Schild Go to Quoted Post
39226:

UserPostedImage

Regards

Markus

Can you get the info tag loco without attending?
Offline H0  
#142 Posted : 26 January 2017 14:02:11(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: twmarklinfan Go to Quoted Post
Google found one dealer that already takes pre-orders for this model, so I assume the answer is yes.
Wait a few days and several dealers should have it listed in their web shops.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline steventrain  
#143 Posted : 26 January 2017 14:16:20(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Google found one dealer that already takes pre-orders for this model, so I assume the answer is yes.

I email lokshop to see if available to order. Still waiting from him.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#144 Posted : 26 January 2017 14:36:45(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Markus Schild Go to Quoted Post
39226:

UserPostedImage

Regards

Markus

Oh, another white crocodile, a german one this time ...

Offline steventrain  
#145 Posted : 26 January 2017 18:59:55(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
37871 E93 Black RRP 399.99 EUR.

I am sure It supply in wooden box
Offline steventrain  
#146 Posted : 26 January 2017 21:29:44(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post

I email lokshop to see if available to order. Still waiting from him.

Have a reply from Lokshop said Marklin sales rep have no information on 39226.

I think the 39226 is sell only from digital infotag event/exhibition attend some dealers. You may grab one when attend.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline MaerklinLife  
#147 Posted : 27 January 2017 06:06:41(UTC)
MaerklinLife

Normally the Info Day wagons and locos are only available to attendees at the event. Märklin will count and ship the locos and wagons to the dealer. When the event is over surplus stock will have to be sent back to Göppingen. They are very careful not to devaluate the product line.
Offline H0  
#148 Posted : 27 January 2017 08:49:57(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: MaerklinLife Go to Quoted Post
They are very careful not to devaluate the product line.
I heard stories that dealers have to decide how many cars they take - and if they take too many they have to see how to get rid of them.
Well, that's just hearsay.
Time will tell how many locos find their way to fleaBay and similar outlets ...
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline steventrain  
#149 Posted : 27 January 2017 21:35:56(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
News of Insider 2nd model/Summer 2017 - due May 2017.
Offline vilithejou  
#150 Posted : 29 January 2017 12:47:01(UTC)
vilithejou

E93 messemodell #37871 Black edition have a 5 set vans in Black edition too #46356 UVP 200€
Joan Vilarrúbia
vilithejou@yahoo.es
Fan of Märklín, Kroko lover
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by vilithejou