Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Br01  
#1 Posted : 17 February 2016 15:33:58(UTC)
Br01

Portugal   
Hi
I have a marklin 29857 (Br 18) that has 2 sounds (whistle and bell). After playing with rocrail the loco lost the sound.
I tried to reconfigure it in CS2 and it recognises the icon for the sounds but it doesn't play. Also the volume in the config is grayed out and can't be changed. Tried to configure as manual with F1, F2, ... With same results. Lights and smoke generator are working fine.

Does anybody encountered this issues before and/or have a suggestion on how to reset/diagnose the problem?

Thanks
Cheers
J
Offline RayF  
#2 Posted : 17 February 2016 15:41:39(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I have a memory of several such problems a few years ago that were due to blown speakers. If you have access to a multimeter try measuring the resistance of the loudspeaker coils. You will need to desolder it for a meaningful reading.

The resistance should be very low, less than 5 ohms. If it is higher then the speaker is defective and needs to be replaced.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline Br01  
#3 Posted : 04 March 2016 00:52:19(UTC)
Br01

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
I have a memory of several such problems a few years ago that were due to blown speakers. If you have access to a multimeter try measuring the resistance of the loudspeaker coils. You will need to desolder it for a meaningful reading.

The resistance should be very low, less than 5 ohms. If it is higher then the speaker is defective and needs to be replaced.

Hi, sorry for the delay and thank you for your help. I'll try to get a multimeter and will try then.

Best regards
J
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Br01