Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline tekin65  
#51 Posted : 21 June 2007 15:16:12(UTC)
tekin65

Turkey   
Oh yeah,

I have -and use- about 40 meters of M-track with about 30 point-signal-cross-uncouplers. I'm love M-track. Mine works great with digital (i don't know others) and fits perfectly my diaroma eras (2-3-early 4).

cem.
3 rail: C-track with CS2 2 rail: Trix C-track with Trix MS - K.Bay., DRG, DR, DB, SBB, TCDD

Now all eras but no ICE

My loco inventory for the interested
Offline mz_1414  
#52 Posted : 21 June 2007 16:21:55(UTC)
mz_1414

8 meters of track and 3 turnovers biggrin
Offline hxmiesa  
#53 Posted : 21 June 2007 17:38:22(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
I use many straights and R2 curves on one of my main shaddow-stations.
(Also 3 three-way turnouts for the exit of said station)
In hidden parts of the secondary line I use all M-tracks for the shaddow-station. Many turnouts, even two curved ones. (yikes!)
The double-slips I have had to ban, though, They are FAR too unreliable!

M-tracks can cause lots of derailments, and I have found that a hammer is really the best tool for aligning them.

The rest of my layout is K-track.
Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com
Offline drstapes  
#54 Posted : 21 June 2007 23:38:36(UTC)
drstapes

United Kingdom   
Yes, my smallish layout is entirely M track.
regards

Regards

Geoff (UK)

marklin HO from the 50's and 60's
Offline shaygetz  
#55 Posted : 22 June 2007 05:24:47(UTC)
shaygetz

I have three loops of standard two rail with 20", 18" and 12" radius. My Marklin M is the fourth loop and the only one to feature a passing siding and a spur. I have enough stashed away to do another loop just like it.

UserPostedImage
"To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.”

---A.W. Tozer

Webpage... www.freewebs.com/shaygetz
Blog... http://misterbobsmodelworksemporium.blogspot.com/
Offline nevw  
#56 Posted : 22 June 2007 10:31:55(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
and that is real heavy metal V12 in the centre.
N
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline bmcrae  
#57 Posted : 22 June 2007 10:59:12(UTC)
bmcrae

Canada   
Bob, nice looking display case! Smile
Offline steventrain  
#58 Posted : 22 June 2007 16:31:39(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Very nice display cases!
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline shaygetz  
#59 Posted : 22 June 2007 19:13:39(UTC)
shaygetz

I appreciate the kind words. The Showcase Express display racks were purchased used at a local flea market. The original owner used them for his NASCAR collection. When I saw that they were gauged for HO trains, I couldn't resist. The cabinet I built myself and not only gives my HO a place to run, but my N scale as well. There is a second drawer for car storage. The bottom shelves have storage for about 400-500 books. Inside has storage for all those boxes we collectors have to find homes for.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
"To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.”

---A.W. Tozer

Offline Katchina  
#60 Posted : 22 June 2007 20:29:09(UTC)
Katchina

Neat setup !
I'm sure your wife appreciates the compactness biggrin
Offline shaygetz  
#61 Posted : 22 June 2007 21:36:47(UTC)
shaygetz

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Katchina
<br />Neat setup !
I'm sure your wife appreciates the compactness biggrin

Thank you, yes, she does...and she even gets to pick the finish, she's going through color charts as I type. I couldn't imagine enjoying a space monster like this hobby without her approval.

This is a better view of the M track loop from when I was building it.

UserPostedImage

---A.W. Tozer

Offline Martin T  
#62 Posted : 29 June 2007 13:07:25(UTC)
Martin T

Sweden   
Hi all! I'm a fanatic M-rail user and have over 400 trackssections and aprox 50 turnouts all in M-rail 5100 and 5200 series.

If you are in to M-rail, please welcome to my site:
Märklintåg.se - The home of M-rail
http://w1.877.telia.com/~u87724996/
Click on the English flag to go to English section.

I've been building on the website for 4 years now and it starts be at least be worth while a look. Its still long before it reaches "satisfactory level" for me, but I'm working on it.

Any contributon of M-rail material is most welcome"

/ Martin T
Regards / Martin T
Click your way over to me in Marbrodal in Sweden: http://www.xn--mrklintg-0zaq.se/index_e.html
Offline hxmiesa  
#63 Posted : 29 June 2007 15:17:54(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Martin T
If you are in to M-rail, please welcome to my site:
Märklintåg.se - The home of M-rail
http://w1.877.telia.com/~u87724996/

Excellent. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:
Click on the English flag to go to English section.

I managed to decifer the swedish one... ;-)
Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com
Offline boomer  
#64 Posted : 11 July 2007 01:30:42(UTC)
boomer

All the track I have is M track plus some late 1950's wide radius 3800 and 3900 series curves with plastic ties on metal base. Sure would like to find some more of it.

Boomer :)
Offline steventrain  
#65 Posted : 11 July 2007 09:45:38(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Hi webmaser,

I have tried to search but nothing find K Tracks/C tracks owners register here.

Can you find it please,Juhan?
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline john black  
#66 Posted : 11 July 2007 15:47:32(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by steventrain
<br />Hi webmaser,

I have tried to search but nothing find K Tracks/C tracks owners register here.

Can you find it please,Juhan?

I'd say since no one here uses such odd track 'ze Terminator got rid of it. But he'll be back ... biggrin[}:)]
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...
Outlaw Member of BIG JUHAN's OUTSIDER CLUB. With the most members, worldwide

Offline steventrain  
#67 Posted : 11 July 2007 18:39:39(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by john black
<br />
I'd say since no one here uses such odd track 'ze Terminator got rid of it. But he'll be back ... biggrin[}:)]

biggrin
Offline john black  
#68 Posted : 11 July 2007 23:29:37(UTC)
john black

United States   
Smile
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...

Offline M-Trackman  
#69 Posted : 11 July 2007 23:29:49(UTC)
M-Trackman

Netherlands   
Hello all.

Not sure if I really should post here, I have had Marklin since I was 5 and always had carpet layouts up until I moved out of the house. Currenly, I still don't have space to realize a permanent layout, or a carpet one for that matter. My Marklin stuff is boxed since about 26 years now.

Anyway, it's all M-track, and although not a shocking amount, it's too much to start over again with the C-track.

So, I decided that IF I ever get so lucky to build a permanent layout, I'll use my trusted M-track. In fact I'm already buying from auction sites from time to time, to expand my stock.

Other than the cost factor, the quality and nostalgic feeling play a role too. Quality of an M-track does sound a little weird nowadays (it seems the C-track is more hasslefree in terms of derailing problems, electical contacts etc.) but some of my oldest tracks are reaching the age of 40 and still go strong. I'd like to see a C-track do that!

Finally, if you put a lot of effort in them, they look almost just as good as K-rail. Yes, yo can ballast them too! Takes a lot of patience, but it can be done. Also, with the right kind of attention, they're just as reliable as the other Marklin tracks.

Thanks for reading,

All the best from Holland. Smile

Offline john black  
#70 Posted : 11 July 2007 23:34:46(UTC)
john black

United States   
Hi M-trackman, welcome to The Forum Smile
You're right, no need to change a good track system - and M-track is still tops [:p]

Returned to the hobby 4 years back when our Grandson was born - best motivation, ever biggrin
But alas, no brand new M-track available in 2003, anymore (deleted by factory in year 2000),
and my modest amount (from the 1950s when I was little) was long gone.
So I started with K- (ground level, analog) and finished with C-track (upper level, digital)
for getting the best of both worlds ... [^]

Sounds big but all I got is [2,0 m x 1,4 m] x 2 levels. Well, there's also a <u>very</u> small 3rd mini-level [:I]

Have fun,
John

post scriptum: Would you mind adding your first name & age to your profile, please ? - Thank you

Offline M-Trackman  
#71 Posted : 12 July 2007 03:25:41(UTC)
M-Trackman

Netherlands   
Quote:
<br />Hi M-trackman, welcome to The Forum Smile

Thanks John!
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote: post scriptum: Would you mind adding your first name & age to your profile, please ? - Thank you

Done. Thanks for reminding me, completely forgot..[:I]
Offline john black  
#72 Posted : 12 July 2007 05:03:39(UTC)
john black

United States   
At your service, Eric Smile

Offline steventrain  
#73 Posted : 12 July 2007 10:13:41(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Welcome to the forum,M-Trackman.Smile
Offline M-Trackman  
#74 Posted : 12 July 2007 18:52:10(UTC)
M-Trackman

Netherlands   
Thanks Steven! Hope to pick up a thing or two. Smile
Offline drstapes  
#75 Posted : 13 July 2007 02:00:55(UTC)
drstapes

United Kingdom   
Yes, I have only M track,masses of it, but I have never counted it.
regards
Regards

Geoff (UK)

marklin HO from the 50's and 60's
Offline sudibarba  
#76 Posted : 14 July 2007 05:38:04(UTC)
sudibarba

United States   
I have inserted long sections of C track in my M track layout. It is very quiet and the trains pass through with a low roaring sound. It snaps togeather beautifully etc. Of course, if you are into proto typically sound, it sounds nothing like real trains.

I give up on the arguments - M does not make M track anymore but I have more than I will ever need including turnouts. I will buy C track if I need it - anyone entering the hobby should go the with C track.
Eric
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#77 Posted : 14 July 2007 06:21:30(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Welcome to the forum Eric. Your story sounds very much like mine. I brought Marklin when I was young, but due to space reasons was never able to set it up permanently. I now have some space, so I have set up my layout up in the spare bedroom (smallest room in the house). Like you, I've been buying track for use later on, I have all the M Track I need, but do buy some C Track from time to time, to be ready for layout expansion time, if that ever happens. You can see my layout in the thread 'Bigdaddynz's Layout' in the 'Me and my Layout' section.
Offline nevw  
#78 Posted : 14 July 2007 06:41:27(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Bigdaddynz
<br /> I now have some space, so I have set up my layout up in the spare bedroom (smallest room in the house).

How Primative, Still have the outhouse, No inside Plumbing??????[}:)][}:)]biggrinbiggrinbiggrin
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline M-Trackman  
#79 Posted : 14 July 2007 17:15:35(UTC)
M-Trackman

Netherlands   
Quote:
<br />Welcome to the forum Eric. Your story sounds very much like mine. I brought Marklin when I was young, but due to space reasons was never able to set it up permanently. I now have some space, so I have set up my layout up in the spare bedroom (smallest room in the house). Like you, I've been buying track for use later on, I have all the M Track I need, but do buy some C Track from time to time, to be ready for layout expansion time, if that ever happens. You can see my layout in the thread 'Bigdaddynz's Layout' in the 'Me and my Layout' section.

Thanks Bigdaddynz!

Well, I took a look just now, needless to say I absolutely love your layout! Really nice trackplan, I downloaded a couple of M track plan books in pdf format, like the 0390 I used to own myself, but lost over time. I like the one you're using a lot, it's great.

Like someone else said: Modern technology, but the nostalgic Marklin feel and look! Fantastic, congrats!!Smile

I envy you a lot, I don't even have a table top free to build something, and it doesn't look that's gonna change soon...[V]

Did you make any progress since the last pictures? I'd love to see some new ones. I really like your expansion plans as well.

My wife thinks I'm nuts ("why do you buy that stuff if you're not able to do anything with it") but I tell her I'm building up my future after which she turns around and walks away.biggrin Who knows, some day...
Offline M-Trackman  
#80 Posted : 14 July 2007 17:44:19(UTC)
M-Trackman

Netherlands   
Quote:

Returned to the hobby 4 years back when our Grandson was born - best motivation, ever biggrin
But alas, no brand new M-track available in 2003, anymore (deleted by factory in year 2000),
and my modest amount (from the 1950s when I was little) was long gone.
So I started with K- (ground level, analog) and finished with C-track (upper level, digital)
for getting the best of both worlds ... [^]

Sounds big but all I got is [2,0 m x 1,4 m] x 2 levels. Well, there's also a <u>very</u> small 3rd mini-level [:I]

Hi John,

Looked at yours too, amazing what you have accomplished on such a small space! Very impressed with your collection too. I have (brace yourself) four loco's, and one is about to go because I swapped it with...M-track. biggrin

By the way, do you mean Marklin actually stopped production of the M-track in 2000? I have a 2000/2001 catalog, it's still in there. Must have been removed from the catalogue in 2002, is that correct?
Offline john black  
#81 Posted : 14 July 2007 19:00:17(UTC)
john black

United States   
If memory serves 2000 has been the last year of M-track production. From that point they sold only
existing stock. But I may be wrong ...

4 locos make for great start, Eric Smile ... when returning to MRR in 2003 I also had four (from our two sons
when they were little in the early 1980s). Two of them were cheapo starter set plastic steamers beyond
repair, but the other two are real heavy-metal treasures [:p] - analog, of course. One 03.10 streamlined
Steamer #3089, and one Swedish DA Electric #3030 - gave them an extensive frame-off restoration
but never had the heart to convert the 03. You can't cure Marklinitis. Last count was ~ 45 engines [:o)]

Offline Jim Thompson  
#82 Posted : 08 August 2007 01:24:09(UTC)
Jim Thompson

I guess I will just jump right in to the fray.

20 - r=0 Industry rad
3 - 5206 curved for switches (points)
1 - pair manual points (switches)
1 - crossover
4 - fill in pieces,, various
30 - straight
3 - power straight
1 - uncoupler

All of them say Made in Western Germany. I guess you can figure out how old those are! wink

My available layout space (the plywood-bahn) is 0,6m x 1,8m (2' x 6').
And yet I still change my mind on actual layout on nearly a daily basis..."Oh! Maybe this should go here!" biggrin

Best.Fun.Ever.

Jim
Offline tonyfh  
#83 Posted : 06 October 2007 23:23:41(UTC)
tonyfh

Hello All,

Count me in also, all of the track on the layout I am trying to build is 5100 and 5200 series apart from a small loop of C-track I need for some form of automation. It was to difficult to make that with M-track sections.
In case any of you is looking for screws, try your local hardware shop. Last year our local shop (a small one) was able to order a few boxes for me, and the correct ones, 2x16 mm.!

Greetings, Tony.
Offline tekin65  
#84 Posted : 09 October 2007 10:24:35(UTC)
tekin65

Turkey   
Hello m-trackers!

I started my new layout (after 15 years) with my old m-tarcks; thanks to you guys (was planning to switch to k but you made me change my mind).

After extensive additions to my old stuff i now have about 150 mt. of straight and curved tracks, more than 30 div. turnouts and crossings, many signals and uncouplers (should be about 40), and a complete set of bridge (2*curved approach, 2*straight approach, 2*straight girder, 1*arch).

I say m-track rules! Well, what gets me?

1) sound of the m-tarcks when a loko passing over them
2) ease of connecting
3) flexible to a certain degree
4) undestructible
5) looks (i'm an era 3-4 -running- + era 1 -collection- person)

That's about it.

Regards,

Cem.
3 rail: C-track with CS2 2 rail: Trix C-track with Trix MS - K.Bay., DRG, DR, DB, SBB, TCDD

Now all eras but no ICE

My loco inventory for the interested
Offline Jim Thompson  
#85 Posted : 22 December 2007 16:35:10(UTC)
Jim Thompson

Just for our new member Willis! Cool

Welcome to the rarified air of M-track! Smile

Jim
Offline xxup  
#86 Posted : 23 December 2007 01:17:40(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Miss 8 and I have not played with the layout for almost two months.. Damon came over last weekend to test some locos and the track worked perfectly... (except when on of the locos stopped on a contact track and needed a push to start - loco's fault - the M-track was perfect).. biggrin
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#87 Posted : 23 December 2007 01:27:29(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by M-TrackmanDid you make any progress since the last pictures? I'd love to see some new ones.

Yes Eric, I have posted some more piccies in the thread.
Offline M-Trackman  
#88 Posted : 24 December 2007 01:58:40(UTC)
M-Trackman

Netherlands   
Quote:
<br />
Yes Eric, I have posted some more piccies in the thread.

Yes, I've just seen them. Fantastic work, really. Makes me wanna start myself....I believe there's something seriously wrong with me, I have collected a substantial amount of M-track the past few months and I'm expecting two boxes to arrive by mail one of these days as well... but still no space to build a layout...biggrin Thanks for sharing!