Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline me2621a  
#1 Posted : 31 December 2013 01:11:14(UTC)
me2621a

United States   
Hi guys I'm trying to put together a list of track I need for my new layout I am building. One part of this layout is a reverse loop. I have a track plan software that has marklin C track in it but for the life of me I can't get the loop to line up and connect. I want the loop to use a 24611 switch, other then that I do not care. Can anyone help me out by giving me a track plan of a reverse loop with this switch. After that I can expand it to suit my needs.

Thanks and sorry to bother you guys with something so simple but I have spent way to much time trying to figure this out.
Offline Gavin  
#2 Posted : 31 December 2013 02:31:00(UTC)
Gavin

Canada   
Hello,

Does this meet your requirements?

I'm not that familiar with C track as I use K track.

Gavin
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Gavin
Offline me2621a  
#3 Posted : 31 December 2013 02:40:32(UTC)
me2621a

United States   
Originally Posted by: Gavin Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

Does this meet your requirements?

I'm not that familiar with C track as I use K track.

Gavin

I think so it appears that all those parts are available in C-track. Thank you so much!
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 31 December 2013 09:37:08(UTC)
H0

Hi!

S shaped double curves with 24130 are the most difficult combination for rolling stock - not even all Märklin rolling stock can handle that.

Here's a reversing loop with some straight tracks in between.
H0 attached the following image(s):
wendeschleifen2.png
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline me2621a  
#5 Posted : 31 December 2013 09:39:41(UTC)
me2621a

United States   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

S shaped double curves with 24130 are the most difficult combination for rolling stock - not even all Märklin rolling stock can handle that.

Here's a reversing loop with some straight tracks in between.

Ok I will modify my reverse loops for that design then. Thank you
Offline Alsterstreek  
#6 Posted : 02 January 2014 14:26:19(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
Hi there,

Building on Tom´s reply, here comes a more condensed and space-saving version (requiring 76 x 121 cm), even with slight easements at the beginning of curves, completely relying on R2 radius plus a short piece of straight track (24094) "in-between" in the S-curve area.

I defused the R1 S-curves of the two reverse loops on my layout either by inserting only a short straight track (either 24064 of 24077) or by "counterbalancing" a R1 with a very wide radius track, as R4 or R5, instead. This works fine for all kind of motive power and rolling stocks, European and US, coaches and freight cars, both pulling and pushing.

Cheers - Ak
Alsterstreek attached the following image(s):
rl1.png
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Alsterstreek
Offline ahmetgazi  
#7 Posted : 28 October 2020 11:33:26(UTC)
ahmetgazi

Bulgaria   
Originally Posted by: Alsterstreek Go to Quoted Post
Hi there,

Building on Tom´s reply, here comes a more condensed and space-saving version (requiring 76 x 121 cm), even with slight easements at the beginning of curves, completely relying on R2 radius plus a short piece of straight track (24094) "in-between" in the S-curve area.

I defused the R1 S-curves of the two reverse loops on my layout either by inserting only a short straight track (either 24064 of 24077) or by "counterbalancing" a R1 with a very wide radius track, as R4 or R5, instead. This works fine for all kind of motive power and rolling stocks, European and US, coaches and freight cars, both pulling and pushing.

Cheers - Ak

Hello, thank you for this useful discussion. Dear Alsterstreek I would like to try your reverse loop suggestion but unfortunately I couldn't understand the exact codes of the tracks from this low resolution picture. Can you be so kind and share the list of the necessarry C track codes?
Thanks in advance.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by ahmetgazi
Offline rrf  
#8 Posted : 28 October 2020 22:15:35(UTC)
rrf

United States   
Originally Posted by: ahmetgazi Go to Quoted Post
Hello, thank you for this useful discussion. Dear Alsterstreek I would like to try your reverse loop suggestion but unfortunately I couldn't understand the exact codes of the tracks from this low resolution picture. Can you be so kind and share the list of the necessary C track codes?
Hello Ahmet,

I saw your request earlier today at my doctors, while reading the forum on my phone. Now that I'm home in front of my computer, I can post a useful reply ... at least I hope you find it usefulWink

I keep a number of re-usable track patterns, including reverse loops in my library of SCARM track plans. Below are a few images of those patterns. Hopefully the JPEGs have enough resolution so that if you click on the images below to enlarge them, you should be able to read the track part numbers. Please note that all three of these patterns have a straight section of track to mitigate the S-Curve effect mentioned in one of the previous posts.

The first image is an Industrial Radius reverse loop that I needed for my layout. Since C-Track does not have this radius, I had to use the K-Track Industrial Radius track (2210), along with two of the 24922 K to C conversion tracks.K_to_C_Track_Industrial_Reverse_Loop.JPG
This second image is the smallest all C-Track loop that I have come up with that I am also happy with. It uses mostly R1 radius 24130 track. There is one R2 24230, that matches the radius and number of degrees (30), of the 24612 turnout, combined with the 24206 R2 six degree track.C_Track_R1_with_Single_R2_Reverse_Loop.JPG
The final image is an all R2 reverse loop. This is the smallest radius reverse loop I use on my mainline tracks.C_Track_R2_Reverse_Loop.JPG
Regards,
Rob
Mackenrode Wende Bahn
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by rrf
Offline Alsterstreek  
#9 Posted : 29 October 2020 08:56:05(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
Originally Posted by: ahmetgazi Go to Quoted Post
Can you be so kind and share the list of the necessarry C track codes?
Here you go:

24064 1
24094 1
24115 1
24130 6
24188 3
24206 1
24215 3
24230 2
24612 1

One beauty of this approach is the use of easements at the beginning of curves, i.e. the initial track piece has a wider radius (R2) than the "main" curve (R1). This improves slightly the appearance of a train entering and leaving curves. Never mind the small mismatch between the 24094 and 24230 segments, the C track has enough slack to accommodate this in reality.

rl2020-2.png
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Alsterstreek
Offline ahmetgazi  
#10 Posted : 31 October 2020 21:19:39(UTC)
ahmetgazi

Bulgaria   
Dear rrf and Alsterstreek thank you for the details. I am super happy. An economic reverse loop design would probably one of my final exam question at the Marklin Track Geometry 101 class :D

Cheers!
Offline Johnvr  
#11 Posted : 02 November 2020 06:46:13(UTC)
Johnvr

South Africa   
Hi all

I have a reverse loop which doubles back on a second line, and allows for two trains to pass each other in the loop :

Looping.jpg

Regards
John
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by Johnvr
Offline clapcott  
#12 Posted : 03 November 2020 07:16:01(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
FWIW I prefer the aesthetics of symmetry.

This image offers the smallest footprint for a C-Track reverse loop, however I would usually start with a base of R2's and throw in R3s for progressive lead in to curves.
In doing so the "S" is further dampened and there is a bit more room for the loco storage yards

(The dimensions shown are to track centre - add x:20mm and Y 40mm for the C-Track roadbed)

ReverseLoop_Ballon_R1.png

And then for utility ...

ReverseLoop_Ballon_wTT.png

Edited by user 03 November 2020 20:39:33(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Peter
thanks 9 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline ahmetgazi  
#13 Posted : 05 November 2020 21:25:11(UTC)
ahmetgazi

Bulgaria   
Recently I also asked this to the Marklin service and below is their respond. I hope that it will be useful for the fellow members:

“Under Google search " märklin c gleis kehrschleife r2" many different possibilities with track plans are shown.
Some of them are only reversing loops or also with integrated sidings (staging yard).

We hope that we could help you further.”
Offline ahmetgazi  
#14 Posted : 06 November 2020 00:15:23(UTC)
ahmetgazi

Bulgaria   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
FWIW I prefer the aesthetics of symmetry.

This image offers the smallest footprint for a C-Track reverse loop, however I would usually start with a base of R2's and throw in R3s for progressive lead in to curves.
In doing so the "S" is further dampened and there is a bit more room for the loco storage yards

(The dimensions shown are to track centre - add x:20mm and Y 40mm for the C-Track roadbed)

ReverseLoop_Ballon_R1.png

And then for utility ...

ReverseLoop_Ballon_wTT.png

The second is monster reverse loop that I only can see in my dreams for now :)
Offline MikeG  
#15 Posted : 04 February 2024 14:21:55(UTC)
MikeG

United States   
Can you provide a item list for the more complex (bottom image) to the right side of the turntable.
I have tried with out success to get the right pieces to make the full 180 degrees of track. It measures 775mm radius.
Cant see to get the math correct to make it work
Thanks in advance for your help. right side.jpg
Offline Michael4  
#16 Posted : 04 February 2024 17:19:03(UTC)
Michael4

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Johnvr Go to Quoted Post
Hi all

I have a reverse loop which doubles back on a second line, and allows for two trains to pass each other in the loop :

Looping.jpg

Regards
John

...and it works in m track

Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 15.48.13.png

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Michael4
Offline MikeG  
#17 Posted : 05 February 2024 16:06:59(UTC)
MikeG

United States   
Originally Posted by: Michael4 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Johnvr Go to Quoted Post
Hi all

Looping.jpg

Regards
John

...and it works in m track

Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 15.48.13.png

Thank You I will incorporate

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MikeG