Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Sander van Wijk  
#1 Posted : 19 July 2005 22:52:34(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Hi all,

I've recently acquired a BR 18.4 (art. no. 55003) for a very nice price. Although it doesn't fit in my epoche nor scale, it was just too tempting. wink Now I'm trying to gain enough courage to try to steam up the beauty. A look at the does anyone have experience or advice on using this machine? Thanks in advance!

Yours,
Sander
---
Era I(b): K.Bay.Sts.B. and K.W.St.E.
Offline hmsfix  
#2 Posted : 20 July 2005 02:27:03(UTC)
hmsfix

Hi Sander,

What a model ! I am deeply impressed and it took me 10 minutes to get my mouth closed when I have red your post.

I never saw a real 55003, but I suppose there is a operation manual included ? If not you could perhaps obtain it as a spare part. Also, the construction schematics from the M* service pages might be useful.

I have myself collected a few toy steam engines. But a livesteam BR 18.4, this beats out anything else. Have much fun with it.

Hans Martin

Offline stephenbb  
#3 Posted : 20 July 2005 05:39:05(UTC)
stephenbb

Sorry I can't help you We can't legally purchase live steam in the US.
Stephen(USA)
Stephen(USA)
ETE,NMRA,MEA
Offline 7gauges  
#4 Posted : 20 July 2005 06:49:38(UTC)
7gauges

Canada   
Congratulations - I have the BR 18 and the BR 89 (55001) - and both are fantastic models.

There is an excellent review of how to steam up the BR 18 in one of the 01 or 02/2005 Marklin Magazins - there was also a link on the old Marklin.de Insider forum to a ten minute video on running the engine - beats the crappy Marklin Instructions.

The BR89 (55001) came with a video instruction casette - that was very well done - I had to have it converted to a N.American DVD format for it to be useful, however.
just make sure your track is well attached to the base of the gardenlayout - the BR18 will chew it up otherwise - and derailing a firebreathing, gas fuelled engine - may result in a major "incident".

I also have a Mamod gauge 1 solid fuel steam engine - the downside is no RC throttle - and those esbit solid fuel tablets are kind of messy - never mind the open flame.

I also have the Hielscher livesteam "Glaskasten" for HO gauge - this is an acohol fuelled engine - but not very powerful. - very cool and affordable nonetheless - see it (and others) at http://www.hielscher-dampfmodelle.de/. Also check their Wuppertal Schwebebahn models made of lithographed tinplate.

lastly I brokedown after watching the new insider DVD and got one of those beautiful Maerklin stationary live steam engines - beats the Wilesco engines hands down -

Collecting / Fixing and Running trains since 1966.
Offline grnwtrs  
#5 Posted : 20 July 2005 08:07:06(UTC)
grnwtrs

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by stephenbb
<br />Sorry I can't help you We can't legally purchase live steam in the US.
Stephen(USA)

Hi there,

Why is it illegal to purchase live steam in the US. I have heard of a couple of live steam clubs in the San Francisco Bay area. I am still in the toy stage with now discontinued MAXI Smile

Gene
El Sobrante, CA
on the left coase
Offline Sander van Wijk  
#6 Posted : 20 July 2005 16:38:00(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Hi All,

Thanks for the tips! It really is a stunning model, very nicely detailed and really impressive technique. When I decide to run it I'll make some pictures and post them here!

7gauges: thanks for mentioning the article in the Märklin Magazin, I already forgot it existed since I didn't plan to buy this loco at first. There really is interesting information in it! By the way, it looks like you have a pretty impressive collection! Did you run the BR 89 and-or BR 18 yourself? If so... did you like it?

Unforunately I have to wait running this beauty since M forgot to supply the Märklin Superheated Steam Oil. [:(] So I guess I'll go on holiday first and see afterwarts. Looking at this machine is a joy too! Smile
Sander
---
Offline stephenbb  
#7 Posted : 21 July 2005 01:27:06(UTC)
stephenbb

Underwriters Lab says their to dangour for us to own. I still have my live steam engine from my Gilbert set from 1952.
Stephen(USA)
Stephen(USA)
ETE,NMRA,MEA
Offline verheyen  
#8 Posted : 21 July 2005 02:54:59(UTC)
verheyen

Are you sure? I've found several dealers offering it in the US, and Hornby has taken our full page ads for the livesteam Mallard, and they're even coming out with another pacific. There are other livesteam manufactures selling models here too, at least that's what I thought I saw based on some US prototypes at a local livesteam event. Those were in Garden scale.

p.

Quote:
<br />Underwriters Lab says their to dangour for us to own. I still have my live steam engine from my Gilbert set from 1952.
Stephen(USA)
Offline john black  
#9 Posted : 21 July 2005 17:15:37(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
<br />Underwriters Lab says their to dangour for us to own

Ah, really ? We can show 'em what's dangerous for them ... [xx(][}:)]
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...
Outlaw Member of BIG JUHAN's OUTSIDER CLUB. With the most members, worldwide

Offline 7gauges  
#10 Posted : 21 July 2005 18:32:50(UTC)
7gauges

Canada   
I believe the lack of availability in North America had to do with the frequency at which the RC throttle operates - I think it's a reserved frequency in North America - don't know for what, however.
Offline Sander van Wijk  
#11 Posted : 22 July 2005 13:01:35(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
The Grauphner RC set that's supplied with the Märklin 55003 operates at 40 MHz. If that would be the problem it could easily be solved. The RC reciever could easily be replaced by just unplugging it and installing a version allowed in the US. The transmitter of course, is even more simple... I hope you'll all be able to have such a great item in your collections! (Although I realise the price is quite high for a real must-have item... )
Sander
---
Offline stephenbb  
#12 Posted : 22 July 2005 16:17:53(UTC)
stephenbb

Yes you can find models that have been approved and carry UL rating. If you check with M they will advise that they dn't ship into USA live steam. Nothing prevents you from buying from private seller.
Stepkem(USA)
Stephen(USA)
ETE,NMRA,MEA
Offline rocousa  
#13 Posted : 23 July 2005 07:13:14(UTC)
rocousa

Hi, new here.
The 55003 is not ILLEGAL in the USA.
Marklin GmbH did not wanted to be involved in any possible sue due a child being burned by touching a boiling "boiler" or live steam coming out of the pistons or rising the pressure inside the boiler to a point where it can blow up or having to play with fire without supervision as always happens.
As in the USA sues are a daily matter, they said not available to American Dealers direct from Factory, but there are many ways arround.
There is an issue also on the frequency of the radio transmiter/receiver, but can be easily solved changing the crystals to any other frequency such as used on RC cars.
The fact that the original frequency of the crystals is not allowed in the USA for this toy, does not make it illegal. It will be illegal the use of the radio but again, with about $ 12.00 you solve the problem in any Toy Store that sells radio control cars.

Offline Sander van Wijk  
#14 Posted : 23 July 2005 16:23:56(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Hi William, welcome!

Sound like a very reasonable explanation, I wouldn't like to get involved in a sue too... Anyway, I have my livesteam loco. biggrin
Sander
---
Offline john black  
#15 Posted : 23 July 2005 18:39:40(UTC)
john black

United States   
Hi William - welcome to The Forum Smile

John
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...

Offline steventrain  
#16 Posted : 24 July 2005 18:57:28(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Welcome to the forum.Smile
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline franciscohg  
#17 Posted : 25 July 2005 09:05:59(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Welcome to the forum William.............
NIce store the one you have............i buy some of my parts there.........
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline steventrain  
#18 Posted : 25 July 2005 10:09:33(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Send post photo here to see live steam in actionSmile
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline Sander van Wijk  
#19 Posted : 25 July 2005 14:49:15(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Hi Steven,

I will, when Märklin delivers me the steam oil I can start test running it and I will make pictures of course! Unfortunately this all won't be done before half augustus since I'm going on a vacation... Smile
Sander
---
Offline john black  
#20 Posted : 25 July 2005 15:48:58(UTC)
john black

United States   
Congratulations, Sander - what a beauty [:p][:p][:p]

In the meantime - dream for steam ... biggrin
John

Offline steventrain  
#21 Posted : 05 August 2005 14:37:07(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Sander van Wijk
<br />Hi Steven,

I will, when Märklin delivers me the steam oil I can start test running it and I will make pictures of course! Unfortunately this all won't be done before half augustus since I'm going on a vacation... Smile

Thats all right.wink
Offline Sander van Wijk  
#22 Posted : 17 August 2005 01:25:54(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Hi all,

Just arrived back from my holiday and found the oil I was waiting for... Smile a test run (including shooting some pictures of course) is planned for next wednesday. So... just 7 more days to wait.

I'll try to post some pictures of the machine in running order asap!
Sander
---
Offline steventrain  
#23 Posted : 18 August 2005 00:29:52(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I cant wait to see it.Smile
Offline antylee  
#24 Posted : 19 August 2005 09:19:31(UTC)
antylee

Hi all:
I am new here.
I have a Marklin 55003. I got it in Feb. and returned it back for repair. now it is back. I fired it and the Lok did not move this time.
Even the steam pressure was above 3 bars. I do not why. Do you have a such problem?
All the life is full of Loks
Offline steventrain  
#25 Posted : 19 August 2005 10:39:35(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Welcome to the forum antylee.
Offline Sander van Wijk  
#26 Posted : 19 August 2005 10:48:39(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by antylee
<br /> I fired it and the Lok did not move this time.
Even the steam pressure was above 3 bars. I do not why. Do you have a such problem?

Welcome!
I hope not...biggrin We'll see next week...
Sander
---
Offline 7gauges  
#27 Posted : 19 August 2005 16:11:19(UTC)
7gauges

Canada   
This may help:
" Die zwei Steuerknüppel der Fernsteuerung sollten , wie üblich für Live-steam Lokomotiven , die Rückfeder entfernt werden, so kann der Steuerhebel in jede Position bleiben (auch Regler auf "zu") Der Stromkabel für den Empfänger wurde von Märklin zu weit nach hinten befestigt. Das lässt sich leicht ändern. Falls das Schauglass undicht ist, sollten die Abdichtmuttern mit der Hand festziehen lassen."

or in poor english:

The two control sticks of the remote control should be removed, as usual for live-steam locomotives, the back feather/spring, then the control lever can remain into each position (also automatic controller on "too") the stromkabel for the receiver from Maerklin to far was to the rear fastened. That can be changed easily. If the Schauglass is leaky, the sealing nuts/mothers with the hand should tighten let.

Anyway - did this to both my 55001 and 55003 - and they work well.

Offline Tolis  
#28 Posted : 19 August 2005 17:26:37(UTC)
Tolis

Sander

Ive seen it from friends. It depicts reality more than any H0 or electric Scale 1 model. However, as much as I hate sounding like Hitler, if you plan operating it, I have to use caps, for the sake of all toddlers of the world, and say

KEEP ALL CHILDREN AWAY. THATS AN ORDER.

Pressures and temperatures developed in the boiler are more than sufficient to cause harm. Unfortunately big M has only one relief valve built in. High temperatures are inevitable on the whole loco body, so please take care when using it. But do it and send us some pics. When you finish playing, open up the valve until you hear the prototypical TSCHHHHHHHH. Only then you know there is no pressure buildup in your model and you can put it in a display window.

Forgive me if this post sounds harsh. It so happens, we Greeks would rather use swearwords on God, than put a child in danger. Just keep them at a safe distance.

Tolis
Offline antylee  
#29 Posted : 20 August 2005 20:09:40(UTC)
antylee

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:7gauges
If the Schauglass is leaky, the sealing nuts/mothers with the hand should tighten let.
Could you tell me the" Schauglass". My remoter control is OK. I think there is leakage in the piston. The steam could not drive the pistons.
The reason for repair is one of the side rod twisted and Marklin changed a new one for it.The rod links to upper half of the piston. I think there maybe something wrong in the piston. I mail to the technique department of Marklin. The mails were fail to delivery.
I would test to fire the Lok again tomorrow.
Offline 7gauges  
#30 Posted : 21 August 2005 02:46:55(UTC)
7gauges

Canada   
Schauglass = sightglass in the cab of the engine - it tells you what the water level is.....

If it is leaking then there will be no steam pressure at the cylinders - it is no longer a closed system.
Offline antylee  
#31 Posted : 25 August 2005 08:40:02(UTC)
antylee

Hi all:
I fired the Lok again and the leakage in the sight glass i snot much. The pressure could reach to 3 bars. I think the cylinder may be not a close system.(except to the valves). I am still waiting for Marklin response.(6-8 weeks)
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#32 Posted : 25 August 2005 09:07:15(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
I finally saw one in person this past weekend. I WANT IT!!!!! [}:)][}:)][}:)] Its so cool and very nicely done. Best of all it doesn't need to be retrofitted with rc equipment etc... like Accucraft locomotives.
SBB Era 2-5
Offline Sander van Wijk  
#33 Posted : 25 August 2005 11:22:51(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Hi Tolis, all,

Thanks very much for your responses! Especially Tolis, your response is very usefull, I wouldn't even dare calling it harsh, I would call it very good! Anyway, IF the summmerwheather here (we have a very rainy summer) will show us some sun tomorrowmorning we will try to run this beauty. I'll keep you informed!
To Antylee: I hope your problems will be solved so you can enjoy this beauty more!
Sander
---
Offline Sander van Wijk  
#34 Posted : 29 August 2005 16:21:53(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Hi all,

Here's a message from the sunny Netherlands. Smile
Today I've fired the BR 18.4. Unfortunately with a dissappointing result. [:(] After a quite long time burning (for at least 25 minutes) the loco still didn't build up any pressure so I inspected it on leakages in the Schauglass area and the rest of the loco but I didn't find anything. Another problem is the constant failure of the Piezo mechanism to fire the loco automatically. (Didn't work even once) So I fired it by hand with lighter and long matchsticks. I did make some pictures, I'll post them soon. I'm going to send the loco back to Märklin so they can fix the Piezo problem and probably something more. Hopefully it's going to work soon...

Now... I'm going to get some sun to relax...
Sander
---
Offline hmsfix  
#35 Posted : 29 August 2005 19:34:58(UTC)
hmsfix

Very interested to hear about you progress. Making a steam engine work is really hard engineering. When I am running one of my toy engines, it is quite the same (it's a much simpler one than the BR 18.4, of course). It takes me one complete day to make it work and one week to clean up everything afterwards.

As a very useful tool I use an air pump (+ rubber pipe with special mouth piece) to put some air pressure on the boiler before I heat it up. So I can see if there are any leakages and if the engine is mechanically o.k. Also to blow out superfluous oil or water from the cylinder.

Oh, and one important tip: never, never speak any curses in presence of a steam engine, it will resent that.

Hans Martin
Offline Sander van Wijk  
#36 Posted : 29 August 2005 21:13:26(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Hi Hans,

Thanks for your response and advice. First I'll have to wait for Märklins response to see what's going to happen. I'll keep you (all) informed!
Sander
---
Offline john black  
#37 Posted : 29 August 2005 22:50:41(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by hmsfix
<br />Oh, and one important tip: never, never speak any curses in presence of a steam engine, it will resent that

Hi Hans Martin, this is most interesting information. Can you give further explanation, please ?

Thank you,
John

Offline hmsfix  
#38 Posted : 30 August 2005 02:08:52(UTC)
hmsfix

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by john black
<br />
Quote:
<br />Oh, and one important tip: never, never speak any curses in presence of a steam engine, it will resent that

Hi Hans Martin, this is most interesting information. Can you give further explanation, please ?

Hi John,

Yes, indeed, never curse or get impatient or even angry when operating a steam machine. Laugh at me, but it is really true ! I have milled valves, cylinders, and bearings myself and know that it is a delicate matter. Well, a steam machine is made of steel, copper, and brass, it can't hear even the worst curses, of course. But it is able to sense your mood. Just as David Copperfield. And it's no mystery.

How is this possible ? A steam machine consists of a large number of high precision parts, each of them designed by an engineer, milled or die casted by a craftsman. These parts must be manufactured with extremely high quality, otherwise the machine won't work. However, amongst hundreds of such parts there are sometimes one or two that are in some respect not as they should be. They don't like working together with the other components. Finally they do, but still tend to be "selfish". The engineer and the craftsman have already cursed on these parts, so you don't need to curse yourself.

The rest is simple psychology. Assume that there occurs a problem with the machine one day. Trying to get the machine running again you have to fight the same struggle as the constructors did. Now it is important not to fall into negative emotions about the problem, otherwise your reasoning gets struck in the same circles that have already made the engineer/craftsman fail.

So, if you curse on the machine, the "selfish" parts in it enjoy their revenge.

Hans Martin
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by hmsfix
Offline Sander van Wijk  
#39 Posted : 30 August 2005 10:33:31(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Hmmm well.. Interesting information. However, I didn't curse or even got impatient and it still doesn't work. I guess my loco has some very selfish parts wink. We'll see, it will run, once...
Sander
---
Offline antylee  
#40 Posted : 30 August 2005 19:18:09(UTC)
antylee

Hi All:
I fire up for twice and noted there are steam leakage from the cylinder. Is this normal? I doubt the cylinders are not in close system and it is the reason why it does not move. I have the reason to doubt this. (I send it back for repair due to the rod got twisted. The marklin changed a new one. They had to seperate the rod from the cylinder.) Does any one has experience to remove the cylinder cover?
About the firing system, it does not work well. Initial firing would have a big fire, and this would burn the coating of firing wire.( expecially you are not familiar with the " suitable" fire. I got the problem and marklin changed a new one for me, but it did not work again. I use silicone to coat the exposed wire, it somtimes fire well. Now I give up the firing system. I use a lighter with long end to fire the boiler, it is easy and work well.
To Sander: You fire the Lok and control the servos on the Lok, maybe some leakage during firing. Cotrol the remoter until you get less noise from the lok.(the noise is steam leakage). Keep the servo in the position(just turn off the remoter). In a few mins, the pressure would get up. Hope this would help you.

Offline john black  
#41 Posted : 30 August 2005 21:23:01(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
<br />Yes, indeed, never curse or get impatient or even angry when operating a steam machine. Laugh at me, but it is really true ! Well, a steam machine is able to sense your mood.

However, amongst hundreds of such parts there are sometimes one or two that are in some respect not as they should be. They don't like working together with the other components. Finally they do, but still tend to be "selfish". The rest is simple psychology. Now it is important not to fall into negative emotions about the problem

Hans Martin Smile: I'd never ever laugh at you - we're talking parapsychology and "the other side" here, and this is serious business (let alone some pranksters and their hoaxes). I've seen things at my job you would never believe, Sir. Me, too - if my colleagues and I hadn't seen it "live" ... [xx(]

I knew such can happen with cars (thus never laugh at Stephen King's "Christine" - there's a lot of truth in the story) but I didn't think about locos. Well, it's logical.

Since I'm not rich and got no money to waste I treat all my stuff with tender loving care, hoping it will last a looong time Smile

Many thanks for your advice, Hans Martin
John

Offline hmsfix  
#42 Posted : 31 August 2005 01:55:10(UTC)
hmsfix

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by john black
<br />

I knew such can happen with cars (thus never laugh at Stephen King's "Christine" - there's a lot of truth in the story) but I didn't think about locos. Well, it's logical.

Hi John,

Uh, this film was on TV here few months ago, too. I hope there is no lok named Christine, even on Z scale biggrin

Hans Martin
Offline john black  
#43 Posted : 31 August 2005 02:18:48(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
<br />I hope there is no lok named Christine biggrin

I, too biggrin

Offline Sander van Wijk  
#44 Posted : 28 February 2006 00:34:20(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Finally an update in this case! A few weeks ago I've recieved the loco from the Märklin Service. Today I've found some time to try to test run it again and... it's alive! Great!
It took me a while to get it going, especially adjusting the throttle to get it burning just hard enough to get pressure without burning it. (Like perhaps happened an earlier time)
Conclusions:
- The ignition is still working properly after two runs of about 3 mins each.
- The loco is under pressure within 6 minutes after firing it
- It's able to run at quite a high speed, not at running a very low one. (Probably due to the one-cylinder design)
- It takes a while to get it going, but it's definately worth the wait! Smile
- It's such a beauty!!!
Sander
---
Offline Purellum  
#45 Posted : 28 February 2006 00:41:15(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Congratulations Sander. Nice pics will be appreciated!!

Per.
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
Offline john black  
#46 Posted : 28 February 2006 23:05:22(UTC)
john black

United States   
Yep, you managed it - big congratulations, Sander [:p] !!!

Offline Sander van Wijk  
#47 Posted : 19 March 2006 13:22:21(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Thanks John!

I would love to share some pictures of the first run. Unfortunately my digicam ran out of batteries, so I don't have any pictures but the pictures of the very first run (which turned out to be a failure)
Luckily, tomorrow I'll have a day off, so probably I'll run it again. (It's becoming quite an addiction wink )
If I'll run it again I'll definately post some pictures.
Sander
---
Offline Purellum  
#48 Posted : 19 March 2006 15:48:53(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:ran out of batteries
biggrinbiggrinbiggrinbiggrin

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:If I'll run it again I'll definately post some pictures.
[:p][:p][:p][:p]

Per.
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
Offline steventrain  
#49 Posted : 19 March 2006 16:32:05(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Look forward to see the picture(s)Smile
Offline stephenbb  
#50 Posted : 19 March 2006 16:33:02(UTC)
stephenbb

What do you mean ran out of batteries. Why couldn't you use "steam power" Technology isn't it wonderful. I still keepmy old brownie camera around for pictures! of course finding 110 film is almost impossible. Even 35mm is hard to find in some places.
Stephen(USA)
Stephen(USA)
ETE,NMRA,MEA