Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline charles Sharpe  
#51 Posted : 11 December 2013 16:55:06(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Sorry I am not replying to the interesting threads about 76xxxx signals but last Thursday I was rushed into hospital and have had to have a major op. Hope to be with you all soon.

Charles.

Edited by user 18 December 2013 11:21:24(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CHARLES SHARPE
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by charles Sharpe
Offline JOEBEL  
#52 Posted : 11 December 2013 22:12:56(UTC)
JOEBEL

Originally Posted by: et1 Go to Quoted Post
Hello Joebel,

Thank you for the Picture, I do understand that the box has a V2.0 on it, I was actually asking about the firmware upgrade to V3.0.

Quote:
2) either you send the signal decoders back to Marklin (not very easy ...) and ask Marklin to upgrade the firmware to V3.0. I had two signals upgraded by Maerklin in August 2012 (they were still in their packaging box, I had not yet used them, so I sent the two boxes). If the firmware is V3.0 there is no limitation to the number of 763XX V3.0 which can be connected directly to the CS2.

Is there a way to tell if the firmware on the platine is V3.0?

Thank you,

Hello et1,

I do not know.

However, if more than 7 763XX signals are connected to the CS2 and if some of them are not triggered, it means that some of them have a firmware < V3.0.

JOEBEL
Offline et1  
#53 Posted : 11 December 2013 23:28:48(UTC)
et1

United States   
Originally Posted by: JOEBEL Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: et1 Go to Quoted Post
Hello Joebel,

Thank you for the Picture, I do understand that the box has a V2.0 on it, I was actually asking about the firmware upgrade to V3.0.

Quote:
2) either you send the signal decoders back to Marklin (not very easy ...) and ask Marklin to upgrade the firmware to V3.0. I had two signals upgraded by Maerklin in August 2012 (they were still in their packaging box, I had not yet used them, so I sent the two boxes). If the firmware is V3.0 there is no limitation to the number of 763XX V3.0 which can be connected directly to the CS2.

Is there a way to tell if the firmware on the platine is V3.0?

Thank you,

Hello et1,

I do not know.

However, if more than 7 763XX signals are connected to the CS2 and if some of them are not triggered, it means that some of them have a firmware < V3.0.

JOEBEL

Thank you Joebel, I guess I will keep my 18 signals connected to my trusty CS1 (not reloaded) for the time being till I go to Germany again.

Aloha,

Elliott
Elliott
CS2 4.1.2 (3), CS 2.04, 6021, 3x 60174 Boosters, L88, 2x 60881, 13x 6088(0) ,Windigipet 2015 Premium, Marklin K-track layout (in progress)
Offline charles Sharpe  
#54 Posted : 13 February 2014 13:31:23(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hello every one.

Its been some time since I had anything to say about my 76391 signals. Well I have some good news. I sent all 14 to Marklins service dept to be updated to V3.This was about 3 weeks before Christmas and I got them back 3 weeks ago. So over the last few days I have been reinstating them back into the layout but leaving all the wires loose and hanging about until I am sure they are working all ok. Then I will go around and tidy all the wires back up and redo the ballast. All but 1 are working ok What I am doing is to switch on the CS 2 3 times a day and run through all routes and then go on and off each of the track plans and click on each signal. The one that is not working I think it's the signal head that is dead. I have tried to move it onto a different base and use thats bases code put still no luck. An as luck has it it is the easiest signal to get to so I will put an order in for a MFX one when they come out. I have to say I am well pleased so at the end of the day lets hope they all stay working.BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by charles Sharpe
Offline clapcott  
#55 Posted : 14 February 2014 02:29:25(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: charles Sharpe Go to Quoted Post
... I sent all 14 to Marklins service dept to be updated to V3...

Hi Charles,

We would appreciate some words on how you identify a v3 signal.
Any sticker or marking on the device/box?

Quote:

I have tried to move it onto a different base and use thats bases code put still no luck

When these devices came out the video and training that was around at the time was at pains to point out that the address logic was within the mast head and not the board.
Of course the board has to be working in order to set the address into the masthead in the first place.
Peter
Offline blid  
#56 Posted : 14 February 2014 16:21:41(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
Marklin Service sent me this:

"When the plug sockets on the urc board of the 76xxx signals have an black line or black checkmark, then the signals have the softwareversion 3.0."

Bjorn
OneGauge Marklin and MTH, ESU ECoS 2.1 on LGB tracks. MTH 3-rail 0-gauge, DCS on GarGraves tracks. Z: Rokuhan tracks, analog or DCC+TC Gold.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by blid
Offline charles Sharpe  
#57 Posted : 14 February 2014 16:22:24(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hello.

Both my friend and myself have looked at the PC boards and covers for any new parts or soldering. The only thing we can see is a black mark on the top of the white socket that you plug in the red/brown track power cables into.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by charles Sharpe
Offline charles Sharpe  
#58 Posted : 20 February 2014 08:41:09(UTC)
charles Sharpe

I have to say I am over the moon with the signals. I am switching the cs on in the morning and the afternoon and in the evening and running through all the signals on the track plans and going to the memory page and running through all my routes. I say all but I just have 12 set up at the moment. I think I mentioned that 1 of the signals is dead I am sure it is in the mast itself. That signal is in the yard next to another signal so what I have done is to purchase 2 76372 masts and I am going to us them . That will give me 1 spare mast and 2 spare pc boards/ wiring looms just in case we have a mishap.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE