Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline franciscohg  
#1 Posted : 11 September 2013 00:20:52(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hello all, Marklin set 26610 have arrived today, nice one, but it did not work...........Angry
I have checked for loose connections but it is all ok, the loco does nothing, nor under mfx, mm2 or analog
I wonder if the decoder or PCB are compatible with the new ones in the mLD or mSD kits, so i can check in another loco if it is the decoder the problem, or put an mLD in the loco to see ig the problem might be the C-sine or its control board.
I have read somewhere that some decoders may get fried if fitted in non compatible PCB's
regards
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline franciscohg  
#2 Posted : 11 September 2013 01:54:26(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Ok, made some research, check that the loco has a green PCB, so took my chances and put an mLD on it, made the settings for a C-sine motor and the engine is running lovely, i assume then that the the decoder is fried, will contact the seller to see what can be done, sending it back will cost me around 50 euro, i think that for 50 more i can put an extra mSD on my next decoder order......
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 11 September 2013 07:59:09(UTC)
H0

Hi!

I have the grey version of that loco and one headlight didn't work when it came. I pushed the decoder down a little bit, after that the lights all worked so I didn't have to send it back.

Did you try the original decoder again?

When trying MM you have to use a controller without mfx. Bad sign it didn't work in analogue mode, but IMHO worth a second try.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline franciscohg  
#4 Posted : 11 September 2013 19:41:55(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hi Tom, well i have tried the original decoder several times, putting it in an out of the plug, and nothing, to test it in MM2 i deactivated mfx and DCC on the CS2.
After putting the mLD the upper lights front and rear did not worked.....with burned leds perhaps it would be on the post right now, but a more careful inspection shows that the corresponding SMD were wired independently and connected to Output 1 and 2, with the proper mapping job, they work fine now.
Anyway, the original decoder will not end in the garbage right now, will do eventually more tests and it will be thrown up in about 1 or 2 years, as its ussually happens with dead decoders...
I will not send the set back, that is for sure, no matter what answer i get from the seller......
Mechanically it is in mint condition, as described in the listing, it will get perhaps an mSD on the future or remains with the mLD wich i took from a nice BR03 from the Berlin 3100 set, wich i think will behave lovely with some nice sounds.....BigGrin
Cheers