Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline uhwerk  
#1 Posted : 31 May 2013 01:10:32(UTC)
uhwerk

Hi... I've got an outdoor gauge 1 Marklin digital layout. I also have some DC locomotives. I'd like to be able to run them all at once - DCC decoders and such seem more readily available than Marklin digital ones. Is it possible to run both Marklin Digital and DCC protocols at the same time on a 1 gauge layout?

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 31 May 2013 02:01:29(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Yes, you can do this if you have a multi-protocol capable controller such as the Marklin CS2, the ESU Ecos or the Intellibox.

If you have a Marklin CS1, you need to upgrade it with the ESU CS1 Reloaded upgrade, which gives the CS1 the same capabilities as the Ecos.

We run locos with different protocols quite often on our club's Istein 1 Gauge layout (search the forum for 'Istein' to see pictures) using any of the above controllers. I've also done it on my H0 layout.

In the CS2 and Ecos, you just need to enable the protocols you want to run with (I don't know the setup of the IB, just that it can be done).
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 31 May 2013 07:58:45(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
If you have a Marklin CS1, you need to upgrade it with the ESU CS1 Reloaded upgrade, which gives the CS1 the same capabilities as the Ecos.
Many modern decoders support DCC and MM. So in case you have CS1 (not reloaded) or a CU 6021, make sure to get decoders that also support the MM protocol (from ESU, Uhlenbrock, or others).

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage