Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline 1spur  
#1 Posted : 09 January 2013 20:06:05(UTC)
1spur

Norway   
RollEyes Hello everyone,
It as being quite a while since I was last on the Forum,much as happened during this time,mainly health concerns,But I`m still stubbornly holding out for my dream of a Large Diorama running at most 2 x Spur1 Tank loco`s and utilizing (if possible) Marklin MS2?

I am not able to undertake much work myself, so am trying to make things as simple as possible without compromising to much?
What I would like to ask is this if I were to Purchase say the Marklin Freight Train" Digital Starter Set.
1 - Article-No. 55028
as well as the KM1 Glaskasten could I run both Loco`s from the MS2? with or without some kind of booster which would offer enough power to run the smoke,sound, light functions these Loco`s offer? I really am not very good when it comes to electronics even less so DCC but am eager to learn,but must be explained simply please.

Ideally it would be nice to set up some kind of shuttle end to end with with flexibility? IE(not just on the one track end to end) but hopefully able to switch tracks route slightly.I think i am correct in assuming I can not run shuttle with MS 2 so would require separate shuttle module/control.

If folk can help with advice & guidance,I would be very grateful

many Thanks In advance

Best Wishes SteveBigGrin
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by 1spur
Offline kbvrod  
#2 Posted : 09 January 2013 21:49:32(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hi Steve!all,

>,But I`m still stubbornly holding out for my dream of a Large Diorama running at most 2 x Spur1 Tank loco`s and utilizing (if possible) Marklin MS2?<

What is current draw on these Spur1 Ladies?

>What I would like to ask is this if I were to Purchase say the Marklin Freight Train" Digital Starter Set.
1 - Article-No. 55028
as well as the KM1 Glaskasten could I run both Loco`s from the MS2? with or without some kind of booster which would offer enough power to run the smoke,sound, light functions these Loco`s offer? I really am not very good when it comes to electronics even less so DCC but am eager to learn,but must be explained simply please.<

If you are running one lok at a time and the CS2 has sufficient power(18-24V?) and the current draw from a Spur1 motor,...slow speed may not be a problem.

>Ideally it would be nice to set up some kind of shuttle end to end with with flexibility? IE(not just on the one track end to end) but hopefully able to switch tracks route slightly.I think i am correct in assuming I can not run shuttle with MS 2 so would require separate shuttle module/control.<

In Spur1,I would have a separate power supply to run/throw the switches,so as to have full power for the loks.

>If folk can help with advice & guidance,<

Maybe,maybe not!LOL

Best,Dr D

Offline 1spur  
#3 Posted : 09 January 2013 22:19:08(UTC)
1spur

Norway   
Hello Dr D
Good to hear from you,I appreciate your advice.
I am afraid i do not have a clue what the current draw on spur one Loks is but I will try to find out.

If you are running one lok at a time and the CS2 has sufficient power(18-24V?) and the current draw from a Spur1 motor,...slow speed may not be a problem.

I assume CS2 is the Marklin MS 2? If it requires a booster to run the two loks at once and allow for all functions,Sound,smoke,lights e.t.c. then that would be fine(advice please)

With regards to my SHUTTLE idea? I would require somekind of shuttle module/Controller? and I suspect you mean seperate power supply for this? sorry if I seem dum I just take a bit of time to get there.

Any & all help appreciated

All the best Steve
Offline tulit  
#4 Posted : 10 January 2013 01:55:15(UTC)
tulit

Canada   
Originally Posted by: 1spur Go to Quoted Post
Hello Dr D
Good to hear from you,I appreciate your advice.
I am afraid i do not have a clue what the current draw on spur one Loks is but I will try to find out.

I assume CS2 is the Marklin MS 2? If it requires a booster to run the two loks at once and allow for all functions,Sound,smoke,lights e.t.c. then that would be fine(advice please)

With regards to my SHUTTLE idea? I would require somekind of shuttle module/Controller? and I suspect you mean seperate power supply for this? sorry if I seem dum I just take a bit of time to get there.

Any & all help appreciated

All the best Steve

The CS2 is the central station. Basically a much more advanced version of the MS2 (mobile station).

The MS2 does not support any sort of shuttle or routes and you'd be require to manually control your trains, points, etc. This CS2 has route and shuttle functionality built in when paired up with some for of track occupancy sensors.

The MS2 is also limited to only 1.9A. I think you'll be past that with both locomotives, plus breathing room to operate your points/etc. You can get the CS2 with a 100VA (5A) supply. This should be more than sufficient for you to run both locos with all the other functions.

There is a comparable product to the CS2 available from ESU as well. I think you'd be much happier with either of these options. The CS2 + 100VA transformer runs around 650euro so it is considerably more expensive than a MS2.
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 10 January 2013 08:25:42(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: tulit Go to Quoted Post
There is a comparable product to the CS2 available from ESU as well.
Right - plus some other makes.

The same questions were already discussed four moons ago:
https://www.marklin-user...CS2-Mobile-Stations.aspx
https://www.marklin-user...igital-From-Holland.aspx

I don't see a point in starting a new thread where we repeat what was already said.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline 1spur  
#6 Posted : 10 January 2013 10:58:43(UTC)
1spur

Norway   
Hello Please can I answer Tom First!

I am Very sorry I repeated the thread, which had largely being already answered!

My excuse is illness in fact Tom! very serious Illness that leads me to become confused and forgetful,This I regret is worsening.
I could not recall when I was last on the Forum and did not think to look,but now you have pointed the error out I will go back to my original thread and follow the advice?if I can.I am afraid I am a bit slow and take time for things to sink in butmy stubborn obsession to make this idea work,is about the only thing that keeps me going,so I appreciate all help very much indeed.

To Tulit:
Many thanks for your reply,very much appreciated.I recall now having just looked that the CS2 was suggested then but I just feel it is to expensive for what I envisage.
I think I may have to look more closely at the

Also there was a good debate on two systems TAMS & RAPTOR? and of course the CAN-digital-Bahn Project which was enthusiastically suggested by Rhapsody
I did try to contact them directly as advised by Rhapsody but don`t think I received a reply?

Anyway apologies for the repeated thread

best wishes Steve
Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 10 January 2013 11:30:27(UTC)
H0

Starting a new thread is no problem for me - but anybody posting here should have read the old thread.
Or better still continue the old thread (so this one could be locked).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline 1spur  
#8 Posted : 10 January 2013 11:33:26(UTC)
1spur

Norway   
Yes Tom
I have got the message thank you,it really is no big deal
Please lock this thread if it makes you happy cheers Steve
Offline 1spur  
#9 Posted : 10 January 2013 12:01:54(UTC)
1spur

Norway   
Blushing Please can I request that any member who feels able to assist me further,please see the following earlier thread (Same Subject) so I may expand the options open to me as outlined above,thus allowing this thread to be Locked,as per Tom`s suggestion

https://www.marklin-users.net/fo...CS2-Mobile-Stations.aspx

Once again apologies

Best Wishes SteveSmile