Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline 1spur  
#1 Posted : 28 August 2012 03:08:07(UTC)
1spur

Norway   
BigGrin Hello From "Insomniacs ar us" could not sleep so here I am at 02:59 browsing.

I was just going through my model railway Bookmarks,and came across a dutch company Raptor-Digital and I re-visited.Now I am still a novice when it comes to understanding DCC,but this system which appears only available in Holland Looks amazing value for moneyand reading the spec list is impressive on the face of it plus the ability to add inexpensive accessories to expand it`s already impressive list of functions.

I only know what I have read on the site which is as follows:- link
http://www.raptor-digital.eu/basic_uk.html#Basic_uk

Wondered if any fellow members had any experience with Raptor-Digital and if so how does it stack up against the compitition.it sounds remarkably feature rich for the money €299

Anyway just thought I would let members know,if they did not know allready

Must go back to bed

all the best SteveThumpUp
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 28 August 2012 08:17:09(UTC)
H0

Hi!

A similar product is Tams MasterControl (only €209):
http://tams-online.de/ht...ontrol/produkte_mc1.html

They offer many English manuals, but don't have an English website yet.

Tams includes the PC interface, with Raptor this has to be bought separately.

I have never seen either of those in action, but on Stummi's Forum there are many enthusiastic feedbacks about Tams MC. I never heard user reports about the Raptor system.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline efel  
#3 Posted : 28 August 2012 09:12:27(UTC)
efel

France   
Hi,

Raptor seems to offer more than TAMS' master control.
We can read on their site that Raptor has an "automatic track-learn mode".
It seems impossible to know more about that, for there is no pamphlet to download.
I would be interested to know what that central exactly does.

Fred
Offline supermoee  
#4 Posted : 28 August 2012 09:32:16(UTC)
supermoee

Switzerland   
Hello,

the raptor can much more than the Tams MC. I read an article about it on the MiBa and it came out, that you can programm automatic control of your layout with itineraries depending from which loco is running on the track.
The raptor does not need a PC connection because a lot of functions of a separate pc software is already integrated in the central. So the central is following which trai is running on which track and acts conseguently.

It is going more in the direction of the Viessmann Comander but without display.

because of the missing display, MiBa wrote that it is quite complex to program. The processor Unit and software is quite similar than tooling machines on CNC base.

kind regards

Stephan
Offline 1spur  
#5 Posted : 28 August 2012 09:49:21(UTC)
1spur

Norway   
Smile Good Morning From a Very wet Norway.

I was really pleased to see the three replies re raptor Digital must admit never heard of Tams? I had not realised Raptor did not have a screen, or have I got the wrong end of the stick as usual?
I would be very interested in any user feedback,and any more details on this system.
and how it stacks up against the compitition

best wishes SteveThumpUp
Offline supermoee  
#6 Posted : 28 August 2012 10:06:25(UTC)
supermoee

Switzerland   
Hi Steve,

maybe I had to write that it doesn't have a screen with grafical representation of the layout. It has only a 2 line dot matrix text screen like the IBII

rgds

Stephan
Offline 1spur  
#7 Posted : 28 August 2012 10:13:57(UTC)
1spur

Norway   
Blushing Hi Stephan
Good to hear from you.
Yes I thought there was a little screen on the raptor but thought I would clarify.
I wonder if the Raptor + PC module will be a good way forward ,but then again it is getting a tad bit expensive by then..but hopefully more feedback will be forthcoming

cheers SteveBigGrin
Offline eroncelli  
#8 Posted : 28 August 2012 11:36:56(UTC)
eroncelli

Italy   
I have no experience about this "raptor", but my advice is to take a tour to this:
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php

you get much, much more for free (and it works quite well)
Offline H0  
#9 Posted : 28 August 2012 11:37:17(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: efel Go to Quoted Post
Raptor seems to offer more than TAMS' master control.
Yes, but Tams MC offers some features that Raptor does not have (it can run mfx locos with manual registration).
And if you want PC control, then you get if cheaper going the Tams way.

OTOH using Raptor or Viessmann Commander you might be able to avoid using a PC as those controllers have some typical PC features built in.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline 1spur  
#10 Posted : 28 August 2012 11:53:27(UTC)
1spur

Norway   
Hello eroncelli,

I thank you for the link,very interesting,I must try and read all the info more closely later
in someways for my intended small layout, I do not know to be frank,if it is over the top using a PC Model Rail programme?but again would be interested to hear from folk who know about these thingsUnsure
and of course with this Programme as with other PC based programmes JIMRA e.t.c. you still have to buy the DCC Control e.t.c.
Quote:
eroncelli;352033]I have no experience about this "raptor", but my advice is to take a tour to this:
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.phpyou get much, much more for free (and it works quite well)

Good day HO
I was very intersted also in your reply, must take a look at this TAMS system

Quote:
Yes, but Tams MC offers some features that Raptor does not have (it can run mfx locos with manual registration).
And if you want PC control, then you get if cheaper going the Tams way.
wonder how that would effect me running Marklin spur1 locos because they run MFX e.t.c.?

all the best to you
SteveThumpUp