Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline acwertheim  
#1 Posted : 18 August 2012 02:24:33(UTC)
acwertheim

United States   
Hi,
I have a marklin sound decoder 60933 and a ESU lokprogrammer. I like to know what the ESU equivalent is of the Marklin sound decoder.
I am trying to change the function mapping and the ESU programmer tells me that this decoder can't be changed.
I was sure you could change the mapping of the functions. Maybe it is an old decoder?
Any help is great
Abe
acwertheim
Offline NZMarklinist  
#2 Posted : 18 August 2012 03:39:02(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: acwertheim Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
I have a marklin sound decoder 60933 and a ESU lokprogrammer. I like to know what the ESU equivalent is of the Marklin sound decoder.
I am trying to change the function mapping and the ESU programmer tells me that this decoder can't be changed.
I was sure you could change the mapping of the functions. Maybe it is an old decoder?
Any help is great
Abe

Hello Abe,
What you have there is an older (product programme 2005-2010) Marklin MFX Decoder suitable for an Electric locomotive, I have one myself that I've had for a few years, awaiting installation in one of my E 101 loks. It is a good decoder witrh many functions but it behaves like a Marklin factory installed decoder in that it cannot be edited, so you cannot change or lose the sound project, you can vary the top speed, acceleration and braking delay and the sound volume only. Here is the info copied from Marklin's website;

"For electric locomotives. This kit is for converting Märklin H0 locomotives with built-in 6090, 60901, 60903, or 60904 high-efficiency propulsion to the new version with a feedback feature and sound effects. The existing high-efficiency motor is retained, the locomotive decoder is replaced, and a speaker is also installed. 12 typical electric locomotive operating sound effects are pre-programmed and can be activated according to the table. The following special sound effects specific to the operation of the locomotive are present on this decoder: F8 = relays clicking. F11 = sound of excess pressure safety valve letting off air. F14 = sound of doors being closed. F15 = conductor's whistle. Also available are controllable functions including direct control without acceleration/braking delay as well as 3 function outputs that can be assigned as desired, one of which changes over with the direction of travel. Circuit board dimensions 35 mm / 1-3/8" length x 15 mm / 9/16" width x 6 mm / 1/4" height. Speaker diameter 22 mm / 7/8", height 3 mm / 1/8".

On/off function F/R · · · ·
On/off function F1 · · · ·
On/off function F2 · · · ·
Electric locomotive op. sounds · · · ·
Direct control · · · ·
Locomotive whistle · · ·
Whistle for switching maneuver · · ·
Horn · · ·
Operating Sounds 1 · · ·
Blower motors · ·
Air pump / compressor · ·
Operating Sounds 2 · ·
Letting off steam / air · ·
Sound of squealing brakes off · ·
Surrounding Sounds 1 · ·
Surrounding Sounds 2 · ·

The closest current ESU decoder is P/N 64400 LokSound V4.0 "Universal sound for reprogramming", 8-pin NEM652, Gauge: 0, H0
It has the eight pin plug which allows you to just plug it into your Lokprogrammer, for loading the desired sound project, but you also need the 8 pin wiring harness to wire into the Locomotive.
Hope this helps, for more see; http://www.esu.eu/en/news/
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline acwertheim  
#3 Posted : 18 August 2012 03:54:37(UTC)
acwertheim

United States   
Hi Glen,
I don't want to change the sounds. I know you can't do that, but I want to change the functions F5-F8 to the F1-F4 positions. Somebody by the name of Tom told me on this blog, that you cannot edit sounds but you CAN change the mapping of the functions, in other words you can change the sound of the F5 position on my MS1 to position F1
I hope I made myself clear. If not ask more
Thanks
Abe
acwertheim
Offline acwertheim  
#4 Posted : 18 August 2012 03:56:48(UTC)
acwertheim

United States   
H Glen,
I forgot to tell you that I have a ESU programmer and according to Tom I should be able to use that to change the function mapping.
Thanks
Abe
acwertheim
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 18 August 2012 08:23:04(UTC)
H0

Hi, Abe,

Which LokProgrammer software did you try? Software version 2.7.9 should support your decoder (the new 4.x.x software does not).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline acwertheim  
#6 Posted : 18 August 2012 13:40:40(UTC)
acwertheim

United States   
Hi Tom,
I tried that version and it said "can't program this decoder"
I wonder if I got the old programmer (I bought it on Ebay) ESU model 53450 instead of the newer 53452. There is nothing on the programmer that tells me the model number. Do you know if model 53450 can do function mapping on my marklin 60933?
On my ESU prgrammer, I can read all the info from the decoder and I can also change it on the programmer but when I press reprogram the decoder, it doesn't work.

All I want to do is the following: I have a MS1 and a few Marklin 60933 sound decoders that are pre-programmed with sounds that work perfect on the MS1 at function F5-F8.
I also have a Marklin wireless controller that has only F1-F4 buttons. I want to change the functions F5-F8 on the decoder to F1-F4 so I can also get these sounds on the wireless controller. I hope you understand me.
I appreciate your help. You seem very knowledgeable.
Best regards
Abe
acwertheim
Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 18 August 2012 15:57:04(UTC)
H0

I don't have a 60933, but tried my 10 002.
It worked.

Under "Funktionen" I added checkmarks to switch shunting mode (Rangiergang) with F10.
Then I went to "mfx-Einstellungen" to select the appriate symbol for F10. Then wrote the changes to the decoder, tested it with the CS1 - heureka.
H0 attached the following image(s):
lopro1.PNG
lopro2.PNG
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline acwertheim  
#8 Posted : 18 August 2012 17:56:24(UTC)
acwertheim

United States   
Hi Tom,
Thank you very much for your answer. I got it all working.
Thanks again.
Best Regards
Abe
acwertheim
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by acwertheim
H0