Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 31 August 2011 19:38:47(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
http://www.reisezugwagen.eu/?p=8389

This set comes with 2 Bpm 1979 and a SBB WRm in the orange with white stripe Eurofima livery

Regards

Mike C
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 26 September 2011 03:20:41(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
LS Models has announced the pending release of even more new Swiss models:

The new releases include the upgraded Bpm (UIC (RIC) ex compartment coaches type Bm 11) in several variants. Each item comes as a set of two. Also released are the upgraded versions of the Bpm 1979 (Eurofima like) in the EWIV IC livery, the famous "Chamaeleon" test livery used before the delivery of the new EC coaches and the current corporate livery with short and normal red bands adjacent to the doors. Photos can be found on the http://www.lsmodels.com/Pages/General_F/Home_F.htm page.

Looks like I gotta plan another bank job.;)

Regards

Mike C
Offline xxup  
#3 Posted : 26 September 2011 03:32:40(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
...Looks like I gotta plan another bank job.;)...

If you need any money washed, just send it down here... Nev and I have a big washing machine.. There will be some shrinkages.. LOL
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline MarioFabro  
#4 Posted : 02 October 2011 22:09:15(UTC)
MarioFabro

United States   
Mike, where do you get them from? Germany direct or a dealer in North America?
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageEra IV-VI --- "If you have brains you love trains" or "When I grow up, I will play with trains"
Offline mike c  
#5 Posted : 02 October 2011 22:42:07(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I placed my main order with Eurolokshop (TEE USA) on Long Island. Other dealers with excellent selection of ACME, LS Models and similar models include Huenerbein in Aachen (www.huenerbein.de or Huenerbein321 on eBay.de), Reisezugwagen.eu (Mr Uli Reyer) as well as Eyro in Interlaken CH and Jocadis.com in Enghien Belgium. Eurotrainhobby in NJ also stocks LS Models, although I do not know how much stock they have.
I find that the prices offered by TEE USA are very good and am very happy with the service. If you decide to order from Germany or Europe, it is worthwhile to order 2-4 items to combine shipping costs for additional savings. Some dealers will additionally credit the 19% VAT for Export Sales. For models that may be out of stock, you may have better luck if you look in that country, eg the Swiss distributor definitely and likely some shops themselves likely ordered more SBB models than were shipped to all the dealers the USA

Huenerbein's site and eBay listings as well as the www.reisezugwagen.eu include very detailed photos of the material in question. TEE USA tends to use stock photos with less detail. At this moment, I do not think that there are any nicer models out there than these beautiful models with their precision and details. I was also very pleased to see that when I noticed a mistake in the paint livery of some of the final prototype photos, my message to the company was replied to within 24 hours, and I was kept in the loop in further contact with the designer (Tobias Kohler) and was told that a correction was requested from the manufacturer (Modern Gala). That detail has been completely corrected before the first production model was shipped from the factory. That is how a company is supposed to handle customer relations. Kudos.

Regards

Mike C
Offline MarioFabro  
#6 Posted : 03 October 2011 20:36:23(UTC)
MarioFabro

United States   
Mike,

thanks for the great info. Can you tell me the length of these coaches? Is it 303mm?

Thanks!

Mario
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageEra IV-VI --- "If you have brains you love trains" or "When I grow up, I will play with trains"
Offline Loadmaster  
#7 Posted : 04 October 2011 03:08:21(UTC)
Loadmaster

United States   
Mike,

Do the cars come with AC or DC wheels? If DC do they offer exchange wheels?

Robert
HOac and Z scale running SBB/BLS Era IV-V
Offline mike c  
#8 Posted : 04 October 2011 03:32:08(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
LS Models coaches are exact scale 1/87. For 26,400mm coaches this works out to 303mm. The coaches can be used on radii greater than 360mm. S curves may be a problem if less than 450mm radii track is used.
LSM coaches are delivered with DC wheelsets with the exception of AC models (loks/trainsets). AC wheelsets can normally be ordered from the dealer. Some may provide this service for free while others may charge for the wheelsets.
If the dealer charges you for AC wheelsets, make sure that the original DC wheelsets are also included.

DC wheelsets can be operated on K and C Track. Layouts using uninsulated axles for track signalling and other functions can still use DC wheelsets as long as an axle contact is installed on the bogie and one of the axles has been reversed so that contact from both rails is shared.

For AC wheelsets, you can use any appropriate AC wheelset (Roco, etc) with the appropriate shaped axle shaft ends.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Unholz  
#9 Posted : 04 October 2011 10:21:33(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
That detail has been completely corrected before the first production model was shipped from the factory. That is how a company is supposed to handle customer relations. Kudos.

While this might be commendable, there seems to be quite a remarkable (and instantly visible) painting/printing error on the ends of the Bpm coaches in the sets 47214, 47231. See the current discussions in the HAG-Forum or here ( http://www.bahnforum.ch/...postID=389382#post389382 , registration necessary) for details.
Offline mike c  
#10 Posted : 04 October 2011 14:12:36(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
My dealings with LSM pertained to the Bpm1979 and rebuild models, specifically with the dimensions of the red and black bands at window height. I was not aware of any problems with the B (ex-RIC Bm) models, other than the fact that the final prototype photos did not show the correct details for each specific model listed. The actual model photographs, as seen here, are the first that I have seen in detail:

http://www.reisezugwagen.eu/?p=7526

http://www.reisezugwagen.eu/?p=7531

The actual coach:
http://www.railfaneurope.../RIC/Bpm51/090920-38.jpg
http://www.railfaneurope...C-X_Bpm_Luxembourg_1.jpg

It does appear that the white band should extend all the way around the coach and not only on the sides.

If I would have noticed that, I would definitely have sent another email to LSM and TBK. Sorry about missing that one.

Hopefully, this detail will be corrected in future productions, for those who can't overlook this detail.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Unholz  
#11 Posted : 04 October 2011 22:30:57(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
The newest flaw being discussed are the apparently missing rain/water deflectors on only one side of the roof over the entrance doors.

Evidently nobody's perfect, not even LS Models... Wink
Offline mike c  
#12 Posted : 04 October 2011 23:19:51(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
We already knew that they were incapable of mounting steps on Swiss models. French, German, Belgian and other models have steps. SBB models have them separately packaged.

The missing rain deflectors is puzzling. That does not sound like something that Tobias Kohler would slip up on. I am guessing that somebody is going to be a little peeved with Modern Gala.

Has anybody checked other models of the Bm11 to see whether the rain gutter is missing on those as well. I will be checking my 47220. My 47223 and 47219 coaches have not been delivered yet.

Regards

Mike C

Edited by user 05 October 2011 02:59:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Unholz  
#13 Posted : 10 October 2011 11:10:59(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
According to what has meanwhile been communicated to dealers here, replacement body shells will be delivered for the sets 47214 and 47231. Production of the set 47228 has been stopped, and the necessary improvements will be implemented at the factory.
Offline mike c  
#14 Posted : 11 October 2011 04:05:23(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The following was posted in Forum LR Presse by Daniel Piron (LS Models): http://www.lrpresse.fr/t...ilit=47214&start=735

"Les voitures UIC-X Bpm et Bpmz SBB CFF.
Nuances des peintures vertes : pas moins de 3 nuances ont été relevées : photos a l’appui, nous les mettrons a votre disposition a Exporail.
Peinture de la toiture de bout : sur une partie de la production, plusieurs clients nous ont signalés l’absence de retour de la bande blanche : les modèles seront échangés via le réseau de distribution, dès la relance d’une production novembre 2011.
Absence de la gouttières au dessus des portière sur une face de la voiture : l’erreur semble ici plus grossière et naturellement un remplacement des modèles sera de même envisagé."

My translation: "The SBB UIC-X Bpm and Bpmz
Minor Details of the green paint. No less than three minor details were reported. We will have supporting photos for you at Exporail.
Paint at the end of the roof. One some of the production, some customers reported that the white band does not wrap around the end of the coach. Those affected models will be exchanged via the distribution system following the resumption of production in November 2011.
The missing rain channels (gutters) above the doors on one side of the coach: This flaw seems more serious and naturally a replacement of the models will be considered."

As far as I was aware, the issues were as follows: 1) White band should extend all the way around the end of the coach, 2) the end of the coach above the white line should be painted the same colour as the roof. I am not certain what the third issue was, and Mr. Piron does not elaborate in his post. AFAIK the issue concern only the Bpm coaches (ex-RIC Bm1972) and not the Bpm/B (ex-UIC Z Bpm1979) coaches.

Modellers will have to decide if they want to keep the models with the flaws or whether they want to replace them with the improved version that will be available later this year. The faulty models may have some collectors value, but many will prefer to have the models with the correct appearance. If you have preordered these coaches, contact your dealer to let them know whether to ship the models to you or to retain them pending the correction from the factory.

FOLLOW UP (Also from posts in LR Presse):

"Bpm SBB CFF: il semble bien que notre collaborateur qui a réalisé les décos s'est...planté: donc retirage complet pour remplacement. Heureusement cette erreur a été constatée suffisamment tôt que pour modifier sur production en cours."

"Bpm SBB: It seems as if our collaborator who designed the decos? made a mistake, hence the complete withdrawal for replacement. Fortunately this error was noticed sufficiently early to permit the correction during production."

(Not sure which model he is referring to here. I had earlier reported problems with the height of the black and red band at window height on the B current (ICN) livery models of the former Bpm1979 models.) That detail was corrected before the models went into final production.

MORE REGARDING WRm RESTAURANT COACH MODELS:

"Le programme des restos SBB se poursuivra par la version TEE dans un set de 3 voitures "BAVARIA" et une autre variante orange dans un set JJR avec voitures "eurofima" et Bpmz. Un article est bientôt prévu sur cette relation dans LR. Il restera encore ensuite 3 autres variantes (porte de service ou non) dont nous n'avons pas encore déterminé l'utilisation. Si vous avez des photos ou des propositions, cela pourra nous orienter."

"The program of SBB (WRm Donauworth) restaurant coaches will be followed by the TEE version in a 3 coach "TEE Bavaria" Set as well as an other orange variant in a JJR Set with "Eurofima" and Bpmz coaches. An article will appear in a forthcoming issue of LR. There will still be 3 other variants (with or without service door) that we have not yet determined how we will market. If you have photos or suggestions, they can help guide us in the right direction."

If anybody can provide more details on what he means by "JJR" it would be appreciated.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Unholz  
#15 Posted : 11 October 2011 06:31:30(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   

If anybody can provide more details on what he means by "JJR" it would be appreciated.

JJR is generally the abbreviation for the philosopher Jean-Jacques Rousseau. I assume that an international train consist equipped with such coaches carried his name.
Offline mike c  
#16 Posted : 11 October 2011 07:31:51(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Thanks for the clarification. Now that you mention it, the IC Jean-Jacques Rousseau ran on the route Paris-Vallorbe-Lausanne-Geneva in the 1980s, so this would have been a route that might have seen the orange Bpm and WRm. It was among the first trains to be replaced by TGV service once Swiss destinations were added to the schedule.

Regards

Mike C
Offline mike c  
#17 Posted : 23 October 2011 06:11:02(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Here's a quick photo of the new LS Models SBB B (ex-Bpm 79) in the current livery. The models are 1/87 exact (303mm) and are worlds better than the RailTop/Heris models from 2003-2004:

UserPostedImage

Enjoy,

Mike C
Offline Rinus  
#18 Posted : 27 October 2011 09:10:57(UTC)
Rinus

Looking good mike! Is that your layout in the background?