Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Krokodileman  
#1 Posted : 24 May 2011 04:52:23(UTC)
Krokodileman

United States   
If anyone in Marklin Digital land can tell me how to operate my Weathered Danish BR50 with the use of a Mobil station 2 (Loco Number 37834 or 37831 Non Weathered version). I thought I would ask rather than throw both the loco and the mobil station out of the window. I tried so far asking the MS 2 to FIND the engine Response no loco
I tried to enter manually with MM2 coding swithes turned the knob to 50 which is factory default and viola it runs but no control over loco and functions.
Manual in english is a joke. Am I supposed to go to MIT to learn how to program this loco so my mobil station will properly run the loco or shall I just buy a newer version every time I buy a new locomotive.
Please help.
Krokodileman
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 24 May 2011 04:59:37(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Sal, I'm assuming this is not an mfx loco, so as such it will not register itself with the MS2.

You should be able to create a new loco entry 'from the database', then scroll through all the entries until you find either 37834 or 37831. The MS2 should then create an entry with all the functions for those locos pre-populated.
Offline snnbanen  
#3 Posted : 24 May 2011 06:46:15(UTC)
snnbanen

Denmark   
Hi,

Probably a decoder problem, 37834 have (according to this) http://www.ajckids.com/products/Marklin/37834 a MFX decoder. And half/half responding like it's in analogue mode.
Could be that a decoder reset would solve your problems. Think that you have to write 08 to register 08. Dont know your options on a MS2.

Regards
Bruno
Offline Krokodileman  
#4 Posted : 24 May 2011 14:31:04(UTC)
Krokodileman

United States   
The loco is definitely MFX,w/c sine propulsion. I tried 30 times to do what the manual said to enter manually. I guess it is too new to enter into the data base.
Help.
Krokodileman
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 24 May 2011 15:46:25(UTC)
H0

MFX locos are never added to the database and you cannot create an entry for any MFX loco from database.

Automatic registration is the biggest benefit of MFX. (And the biggest flaw of MFX: automatic registration cannot be disabled.)
If the controller supports MFX, you cannot enter an MFX loco manually.

No c-sine I presume, should have 5 pole HEP (HLA).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Nielsenr  
#6 Posted : 24 May 2011 18:43:59(UTC)
Nielsenr

United States   
I don't have a MS2, I have a CS2. I have had a couple of MFX locos that wouldn't register. I ended up feeding them from a normal analog AC transformer to make sure they ran in analog mode and they did. Lo and behold, I put them back on the digital track and they registered. It is worth a try if you have an analog transformer.

Robert
Offline Krokodileman  
#7 Posted : 25 May 2011 02:50:43(UTC)
Krokodileman

United States   
I just tried 3 other locos with MFX on it and the same thing happened. I will stick with my old MS 1 which never gave me any heartache and wait for a replacement unit from my dealer.
Thanks for you help
Krokodileman