Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline nevw  
#1 Posted : 08 March 2010 06:09:34(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
I am still thinking about 2 Pole Current Conducting Couplings. Viessmann have a Version of the Fleischmann couplings but these can be delicate to connect and can be prone to failure.

Maerklin make a 2 pole set (219447 and 219446). They are horribly expensive over 12 Euros Per piece from Lokshop and almost 15 Euros per piece from Marklin. for a 3 carriage Consist 48 Euros plus from Lokshop.

2 questions: Has anyone a Photo of the Marklin one that can be posted on the forum.

ANy other suggestions for a 2 pole CCC.

The Roco 4 Pole appears to be very bulky.

Thanks,
nev
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline Tivvy  
#2 Posted : 08 March 2010 12:40:25(UTC)
Tivvy

Ep IV / V Marklin Layout
6 track dead end station, twin track loop, 4 track through station.
Under construction.
Offline trainbuff  
#3 Posted : 08 March 2010 13:57:31(UTC)
trainbuff

Here is a web page with requested pics (seven different ccc with review and pictures):

http://www.thkukuk.de/Mo...sc/Stromf.-Kupplung.html

I used miniatronics 50-001 plugs,
http://www.miniatronics....CTGY&Category_Code=4
and put the plugs are under the car where you can't see them and the wires run next to the couplers. Pro - wires very small and look like hoses between cars. Con - need to take train off track to uncouple.

Good luck.
Offline David Dewar  
#4 Posted : 08 March 2010 18:30:31(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Hi Nev. I have used all of them and would say that the Marklin ones are probably the best if you are prepared to pay the cost and have your coaches more or less constantly coupled. Roco are similar to Marklin but are four pole.
Viessmann can be uncoupled but electrcal contact is not always good. The standard Marklin contact couplers are OK and will fit to Marklin Coaches prepared for them but again they are not always reliable.
The Marklin two pole will require a hole to be drilled in certain coaches to allow the wires to reach the light bar although some coaches will have a space around the coupler that the wire can be threaded through.
Next time you place an order why not try two of the Marklin two pole and see what you think.

dave
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline nevw  
#5 Posted : 08 March 2010 23:13:55(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Thanks all for the answers
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around