Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Goofy  
#51 Posted : 24 April 2009 16:08:30(UTC)
Goofy

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Webmaster
<br />Off-topic
Goofy, if you have nothing sensible to say - don't!

But i did it anyway...! biggrin
People needs luck anyway,to make sure that CS2 wiil been in function...wink
The next update will been at end of May month.
Why...?
Why not to finish once for all at CS2 date 22/4...?
I have still not bought CS2 and wondering now if i should do it...?
Perhaps no luck for me,to shop CS2...?

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline davemr  
#52 Posted : 24 April 2009 23:08:36(UTC)
davemr

Hi Ray. You are of course correct that out trains are just toys us big boys play with. I think why I am annoyed here is that the CS2 is not cheap to buy and as such I expect it to have been tested etc before sale.
There is also the point that dealers were selling them knowing they had faults (if they didnt know there were faults then they had not used one which is just as bad)
I did wait a few months after the CS2 was introduced before buying and I do this with a lot of Marklin items but then again why should I have to do this.
I spend over a thousand pounds per year on Marklin plus the same again on various other manufacturers including the plastic rail kits etc and on looking back only Marklin has given problems.
I will always stay with three rail as I like it but am now looking more to those who provide me with a good service. If M just even said sorry for the delay it would at least be something.
Ending on a postive and as I have said before I do like the CS2 and enjoy using it.

Dave
davemr
Offline sudibarba  
#53 Posted : 26 April 2009 04:03:09(UTC)
sudibarba

United States   
As I said early on, what really irritates me is that they delibertly released a flawed product. The amount of time they are taking to correct it is excessive. If it is due to their financial status, so be it. I have to question the honor of the people involved anyway.
While some of you may not care, I think a product that sells for close to a thousand dollars with the transformer is a serious investment that should not be treated lightly.

What am i trying to say? I'm pissed.
Eric
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#54 Posted : 26 April 2009 05:15:36(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Many companies operate on the principle that it is better to have something flawed out there in the market than to have nothing at all. People cannot be blamed for downloading something that Marklin posted to thier update site, even if it was beta software. If it was a beta release, they should have never posted it!

I can understand people's frustration with CS2 software bugs. I hope the next version fixes them all!
Offline Piper  
#55 Posted : 26 April 2009 12:06:40(UTC)
Piper

South Africa   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:[What am i trying to say? I'm pissed.
Eric

Eric

Name a few products that were perfect with their first try, <s>American products </s>if you can......[}:)][}:)]

Pieter

The remark above was not neccessary...!

Edited by: Moderator
Era I-V / HO / C-Track / MS2, CS2 & CS3 Z gauge. Insider
Member of Märklin Modellers Group
Offline sudibarba  
#56 Posted : 27 April 2009 01:43:44(UTC)
sudibarba

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Piper
<br />
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:[What am i trying to say? I'm pissed.
Eric

Eric

Name a few products that were perfect with their first try, American products if you can......[}:)][}:)]

Pieter

You don't seem to get the point. I believe they released a product with know issues - the english keyboard for example. They also have not done what they have said they would do about upgrades. I learned a long time ago that it is more important to do what you say you are going to do than to make everything perfect.
By the way, nice simple little remark about American products. I don't believe I have ever made a remark about nationality other than possibly my respect for German engineering ( probably never said that). Keep your ----- envy out of this.
Eric

Offline Piper  
#57 Posted : 27 April 2009 01:57:48(UTC)
Piper

South Africa   
Eric

Don't you think you should watch your language for the sake of other members, woman and children also read this. Get your mind above your navel, please. So you can't think of any products, yet.

Pieter
Era I-V / HO / C-Track / MS2, CS2 & CS3 Z gauge. Insider
Member of Märklin Modellers Group
Offline sudibarba  
#58 Posted : 27 April 2009 02:16:39(UTC)
sudibarba

United States   
I believe that is a well known scientific reference.
Eric
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#59 Posted : 27 April 2009 02:35:49(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Not sure what it has to do with CS2 upgrades, but......linked page

Offline sudibarba  
#60 Posted : 27 April 2009 02:57:32(UTC)
sudibarba

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Bigdaddynz
<br />Not sure what it has to do with CS2 upgrades, but......linked page

I give up. See male ----- envy. At any rate, I found the reference to American products offensive. In this country we all came from some where else and are usually quite proud of our heritage.
Eric

Offline Fredrik  
#61 Posted : 27 April 2009 02:58:32(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
Please stop with unrelated postings and stupid remarks, or I will "sweep" those postings, thank you!

Fredrik.
*ECoS 2 + ECoSDetector + SwitchPilot + ECoSTerminal; *Z21 + Loconet + Digikeijs + MGP; **CS3+ + CdB (** coming soon...)
WWW: MJ-fjärren
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#62 Posted : 27 April 2009 03:23:31(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Sorry Fredrik, I only posted that link because I had never heard of that term before.......[:I][:I]
Offline Fredrik  
#63 Posted : 27 April 2009 03:25:50(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
Neither had I...
Fredrik.
*ECoS 2 + ECoSDetector + SwitchPilot + ECoSTerminal; *Z21 + Loconet + Digikeijs + MGP; **CS3+ + CdB (** coming soon...)
WWW: MJ-fjärren
Offline davemr  
#64 Posted : 28 April 2009 01:23:31(UTC)
davemr

Hi Lutz. I think the above is pretty fair comment. I enjoy my CS2 but would like my alphabet sorted. This does not in any way effect the control of my railway which is very good with the CS2.
My problem is that every month we appear to be waiting yet another month and it might even be better if Marklin just said they have no idea when this update will be available but will let us know when it is.
In view of Marklins present difficulties it would be good if customers supported the firm in this mattter and in return we had a statement from Marklin apologising for the delay and saying they are doing what they can. An apology is a great thing for customer relations for those who have a CS2 with a bug.
davemr