Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Drongo  
#1 Posted : 19 May 2023 08:35:11(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
For those who bought the new turntable 74861 and had the nightmare experience trying to get it to work, we were welcomed with the news from Marklin that version2 would be released with all the problems resolved.
If you beleive in Santa Claus then they have been resolved. For those who don't believe then you are correct. Marklin reworked the TT with a support ring that was going to give the TT more rigidity and this would resolve the problem of the bridge jamming on the indentifcation tabs. Well it doesn't !!! the bridge still jams on the tabs and the tabs still easily fall out.

Conclusion - I paid almost $1,000 australian for version 1 and now I've spent another $1,000 on version 2 - and I still haven't got a turntable that works. Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing

I tried to return version 1, however Marklin refused to take delivery of it and it was returned to me. So, I sent it again and again it was returned to me. As a result of it travelling around the world twice the TT is now extremely damaged and no-one wants to take responsibility for it. So, returning version 2 is not an option.

Moral of the story - don't believe the BS that is coming out of the PR department of Marklin. I'm extremely disappointed with Marklin and I can't believe that a company like them can behave this way and expect to be supported by their customers. I believe that the senior management of Marklin are not aware of these problems.

Greg
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Offline David Dewar  
#2 Posted : 19 May 2023 10:50:46(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Greg why not return the unit to the retailer. In the UK they are responsible for faulty goods. I buy from Germanyfrom MSL and the only faulty item I had was a signal which they replaced by return. Why not email Marklin giving them you full story with the T T and see what they say.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline Drongo  
#3 Posted : 20 May 2023 06:53:52(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
Greg why not return the unit to the retailer. In the UK they are responsible for faulty goods. I buy from Germany from MSL and the only faulty item I had was a signal which they replaced by return. Why not email Marklin giving them you full story with the T T and see what they say.

Thanks David for the suggestion. The point I'm trying to make, is that a company like Marklin which has a very strong respected reputation, is releasing a very very poor product and Marklin refuse to admit that it's a bad product. Consequently, my opinion of Marklin has drastically changed and I feel that I can't trust their advertising. Here in Australia, there are not many Marklin resellers and the ones that are, have very limited stock. Also, their knowledge of Marklin products is very limited. Therefore, I rely on the advertising and promotional material from Marklin, so in order to see a product, I have to buy it first and then hope that what is advertised is correct. Also, it makes a lot of sense to thoroughly test a product before they release it. Obviously, Marklin don't do this even though they imply in their video promotions that they do. For Example, Marklin show the room in which they test the locomotives. All the layouts are all flat - not one rise in any of them. How does Marklin know that a locomotive can climb an incline ? They Don't. That's why the locomotive 37017 will not go up an incline because it has 2 drive wheels, one with rubber tyre and the other with power return. When the rubber tyre wheel pushes the locomotive up the incline the other wheel lifts off the track and the electrical circuit is cut and the locomotive stops. I send a video of this to Marklin and they refused to acknowledge the problem, so ignoring the problem is the way they resolved the problem. Let's hope the new service manager is more proactive.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Drongo
Offline Goofy  
#4 Posted : 20 May 2023 08:03:33(UTC)
Goofy

I am not really sure but Märklin do also have shop and there is warranty to use.
What does the rule says about to shop in Märklin shop and it is possible to have german warranty if someone shop via Märklins netshop too who lives in another state/country?
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline river6109  
#5 Posted : 20 May 2023 08:24:54(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Sadly, I must say I've given up on Märklin many years ago, in the beginning the decoders were so expensive an over the years we had comments about locos not working properly, switching tracks, turnout motors, turntables, C-track disaster;
I feel for anyone who has bought products from Märklin and who live in Australia or NZ, sending products back gets so expensive and its not worth it as you don't have any guarantee whether the product you bought is fault free but we hearing from other members who are happy with thir products and live close by Germany and are able to return it to their dealer in Germany.,
there are products like locos which are fine and well manufactured but for me its the price that holds me back

good luck with the end results if there will be one,

if Märklin noticed the product has been tampered with they will not repair it.

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline Bryan  
#6 Posted : 20 May 2023 10:46:55(UTC)
Bryan

Australia   
Hi Greg

I would perserver with Marklin, they do know what they are doing. They have 30 technicians in their service department and can repair anything. I have had a great deal of experience with them, their repairs, and they are excellent. Their stock level of spares is unbelievable.

The problem to me is how you are sending the parcel, and suggest the following.

Contents:
Model Trains - Warranty Repair
Trains Miniatures - Reparation
Modellbahn – Reparatur
Warranty Repair HS code - 980110 – This is the code for Australia Post HS code
Value - $1.00
Note - Article is being sent temporarily for repair, alteration, processing or the like, the foregoing to be then reexported to Australia.

I am sending parcels to Marklin Service again and they do get through now.

regards
David

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bryan
Offline David Dewar  
#7 Posted : 20 May 2023 12:45:47(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Greg I understand what you are saying but why not retunr the unit to the dealer for either a refunf or replacement.
Surely the UK is not the only place in the world where it is the retailer who is resonsible for products sold. We have a sale of goods act which cover this.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline David Dewar  
#8 Posted : 20 May 2023 12:53:24(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
Sadly, I must say I've given up on Märklin many years ago, in the beginning the decoders were so expensive an over the years we had comments about locos not working properly, switching tracks, turnout motors, turntables, C-track disaster;
I feel for anyone who has bought products from Märklin and who live in Australia or NZ, sending products back gets so expensive and its not worth it as you don't have any guarantee whether the product you bought is fault free but we hearing from other members who are happy with thir products and live close by Germany and are able to return it to their dealer in Germany.,
there are products like locos which are fine and well manufactured but for me its the price that holds me back

John

John for almost 40 years I have only had one faulty item. There have been a few things that after ten years have stopped working but that is to be expected.
Can you not buy from a dealer in Aus. Might be more expensive but do they not have a liabilty for faulty goods.
I agree but the cost of new Marklin but look at Brawa and Roco and they are just the same.
It looks like Marklin do not want dealers in other countries as here we only have Gaugemaster and I have more Marklin than they appear to have in stock.

David
PS hope the price of your orange wire has not increased by much !

Offline LSQ  
#9 Posted : 21 May 2023 05:33:08(UTC)
LSQ

China   
Originally Posted by: Drongo Go to Quoted Post
For those who bought the new turntable 74861 and had the nightmare experience trying to get it to work, we were welcomed with the news from Marklin that version2 would be released with all the problems resolved.
If you beleive in Santa Claus then they have been resolved. For those who don't believe then you are correct. Marklin reworked the TT with a support ring that was going to give the TT more rigidity and this would resolve the problem of the bridge jamming on the indentifcation tabs. Well it doesn't !!! the bridge still jams on the tabs and the tabs still easily fall out.

Conclusion - I paid almost $1,000 australian for version 1 and now I've spent another $1,000 on version 2 - and I still haven't got a turntable that works. Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing

I tried to return version 1, however Marklin refused to take delivery of it and it was returned to me. So, I sent it again and again it was returned to me. As a result of it travelling around the world twice the TT is now extremely damaged and no-one wants to take responsibility for it. So, returning version 2 is not an option.

Moral of the story - don't believe the BS that is coming out of the PR department of Marklin. I'm extremely disappointed with Marklin and I can't believe that a company like them can behave this way and expect to be supported by their customers. I believe that the senior management of Marklin are not aware of these problems.

Greg

Hi Greg,

Fully understand your feeling and appreciate for your feedback of 74862, I could know changes and unchanges of new turntable. It seems Marklin tried to fix the bug of 74861 by the most economical way then got 74862.
Offline H0  
#10 Posted : 21 May 2023 16:10:44(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
I am not really sure but Märklin do also have shop and there is warranty to use.
When you buy a Märklin product from a dealer, then you have a contract with the dealer and the legally required warranty goes through the dealer. This is not Märklin unless you buy from the Märklin shop.
The Märklin warranty is volountarily and they make the rules. You cannot expect a full refund from Märklin when you bought from a third-party shop.

And a warning to everybody: before sending a defective item directly to Märklin, get the OK from the dealer where you bought the item.
If Märklin replaces the item, then the dealer can refuse any warranty if they notice that the serial number does not match.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline river6109  
#11 Posted : 21 May 2023 18:43:14(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post

John

John for almost 40 years I have only had one faulty item. There have been a few things that after ten years have stopped working but that is to be expected.
Can you not buy from a dealer in Aus. Might be more expensive but do they not have a liabilty for faulty goods.
I agree but the cost of new Marklin but look at Brawa and Roco and they are just the same.
It looks like Marklin do not want dealers in other countries as here we only have Gaugemaster and I have more Marklin than they appear to have in stock.

David
PS hope the price of your orange wire has not increased by much !

David, as I understand, the Australian dealer does not except faulty items and you are advised to send them direct to Märklin, its a bit of a con job, they don't have to pay for the postage., but it w like this even before, they don't take responsibilities

Orange wires have gone through the roof, walls and floors, they are as popular as ever

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline JohnjeanB  
#12 Posted : 21 May 2023 19:43:09(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi
I am so surprised by all the information above
For Märklin, regarding Australia, there are the shops mentioned in the link below
Märklin official dealers in OZ
Normally, these MUST accept dealing with faulty item they have sold. It is up to them to return the goods to Germany and deal with customs clearance issues.
Warranty repair is subject to conditions (duration, place of purchase, use according the manual and no modifications whatsover.

Are the rules totally different in Australia?

From Märklin Germany viewpoint my understanding is:
- they accept to repair under warranty items that have been purchased to an authorised dealer and goods that have not been misued (contrary to the user's manual
- there must be a failure report in German or English to explain the faulty issues
- Märklin, after inspection will answer if the warranty repair is being done. Alternately, they may send an estimate for the repair and in very bad cases of misuse, decline to repair, the item. Remember Märklin (and Germans in general) are very minute, precise and follow very closely their own procedures.
- regarding customs, temporary imports, etc, truth is I don't know (From France, same rules as in Germany applies and we are protected by EU regulations on quality, warranty, etc).

Regarding the turntable, 74861 or 74862, I don't know in your particular case, Drongo but:
- they are excellent quality but fragile and delicate to install.
- most problems originate from installation. Mostly, warped / improper support, mechanical efforts exerted on access tracks by the layout, force rotation when the servo-operated lock is not cleared.
- of course what is say is provided packing and shipment are without damages. Also it implies that no incompetent local dealer tries to repair it.

What did I miss please?
Cheers

Jean
Offline LSQ  
#13 Posted : 22 May 2023 03:29:57(UTC)
LSQ

China   
Suspended structure of 74861 is not reliable, when heavy lock is on the bridge, because of the gravity, plastic plate will sink and twist, then bridge will jam at somewhere, if push plastic table up slightly under the layout, bridge could move again. Obviously Marklin knew the problem much better than us, so only after 2 years, they issue 74862 and try to reinforce suspended plastic table, only they select the easiest but maybe not the best way.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by LSQ
Offline David Dewar  
#14 Posted : 22 May 2023 18:09:40(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
When you buy a Märklin product from a dealer, then you have a contract with the dealer and the legally required warranty goes through the dealer. This is not Märklin unless you buy from the Märklin shop.
The Märklin warranty is volountarily and they make the rules. You cannot expect a full refund from Märklin when you bought from a third-party shop.

And a warning to everybody: before sending a defective item directly to Märklin, get the OK from the dealer where you bought the item.
If Märklin replaces the item, then the dealer can refuse any warranty if they notice that the serial number does not match.

Tom looks like you have the same in Germany as the UK. Any item I buy here if it develops a fault goes back to the dealer it is up to them to repair or refund. Probably a repair would require to be done by Marklin and if so the dealer will pay all costs for that to be done. I have never understood why some deal direct with the manufacturer other than if they extend a warranty further than that by law.

Offline H0  
#15 Posted : 22 May 2023 20:36:53(UTC)
H0

I have never understood why some deal direct with the manufacturer other than if they extend a warranty further than that by law.
Transport in a parcel does not make locos better.
I often buy from mail order and use multiple dealers.
If I return a loco to the dealer, they will send it to Märklin, Märklin will send it back to the dealer, the dealer will send it back to me. This way, postage costs occur four times - but I can make the dealer pay for the postage to return the loco to them.

OTOH, if I have two defective items from different dealers, I can send them in one box to Märklin and pay for the postage and wait until they come back. This way I can make sure the locos are carefully packed all the way to Märklin.

If I had a good dealer in town, I could simply go there and hand the loco over to them.

So both options make sense.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Bryan  
#16 Posted : 22 May 2023 22:34:15(UTC)
Bryan

Australia   
Dear All

One of the problems in Australia is the supply and volume of Marklin sold. There are five Marklin retailers in Australia, two have very little stock, mail order only, a few locos, about it. The third one in Sydney CBD, used to have reasonable stocks in their shop, however just concentrates on the Start Up series now, very little at all. The next has reason stocks, around 20 locos, rolling stock and track etc and a proper shop front. The last has nearly the full range, even has some Z and 1 gauge, retails from home, with an extensive display area.

The problem here in Australia is basically price. For instance, the new Flying Scotsman FS can be bought from Germany for 420 euros (plus postage), with no VAT etc. Locally the FS was advertised for AUS$1300 to order, which is around 765 euros. The result is, most Australians buy direct from Germany, it is so much cheaper.

Then what happens, local retailers are asked to validate the warranty on something like the Marklin TT, to which they did not supply. The cost of the retailer to send back to Marklin would be about 40 to 50 euros postage, plus handling. I do not know if Marklin reimburse this, however it is a major cost to the retailer upfront who did not supply the goods. You can see a point with the retailers.

So , what we are looking at here is, buying locally in Australia or from Germany and the problems of warranty, when things go wrong.

David
Offline Goofy  
#17 Posted : 23 May 2023 06:04:08(UTC)
Goofy

Greg

I feel sorry for you.
You are not alone to get sometimes bad quality made Märklin.

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Drongo  
#18 Posted : 23 May 2023 06:05:03(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Bryan Go to Quoted Post
Dear All

One of the problems in Australia is the supply and volume of Marklin sold. There are five Marklin retailers in Australia, two have very little stock, mail order only, a few locos, about it. The third one in Sydney CBD, used to have reasonable stocks in their shop, however just concentrates on the Start Up series now, very little at all. The next has reason stocks, around 20 locos, rolling stock and track etc and a proper shop front. The last has nearly the full range, even has some Z and 1 gauge, retails from home, with an extensive display area.

The problem here in Australia is basically price. For instance, the new Flying Scotsman FS can be bought from Germany for 420 euros (plus postage), with no VAT etc. Locally the FS was advertised for AUS$1300 to order, which is around 765 euros. The result is, most Australians buy direct from Germany, it is so much cheaper.

Then what happens, local retailers are asked to validate the warranty on something like the Marklin TT, to which they did not supply. The cost of the retailer to send back to Marklin would be about 40 to 50 euros postage, plus handling. I do not know if Marklin reimburse this, however it is a major cost to the retailer upfront who did not supply the goods. You can see a point with the retailers.

So , what we are looking at here is, buying locally in Australia or from Germany and the problems of warranty, when things go wrong.

David

I fully agree with you David, however, my point is, if there is a potential major problem, then deal with it. The small tabs in the inserts around the TT were a major problem with version 1, but Marklin didn't address the problem at all, and continued with the small tabs. So the problem still exists. Not very clever with management as the TT version 2 is going to be returned as was version 1 and the costs incurred by the customer and Marklin would out weigh the rectification of the problem. As I've always said when I had my own business, "IF you keep looking at the bottom line, you'll never see ahead". Marklin is a good example of this.

Greg
Offline David Dewar  
#19 Posted : 23 May 2023 12:47:35(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
I understand MSL will send you a postage paid label to return faulty articles to them for refund or repair.
Purchasers have no contract with a manufacturer only the seller (could be the Markin shop)
Anyway fine if you want to return to Marklin and good luck but its not for me and being in the UK I have never returned anything to a manufacturer but always the seller and have never had a problem.
I understand why in Aus this is a problem with cost as it is in the UK if buying from Gaugemaster the only retailer of sorts so more than happy with MSL.
Anyway we appear to have postal experts on here sending stuff to and from all over the world.
I am lucky I have little problem with Marklin faults as I am sure there are others. Maybe we should have a section for those who like the product.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline hxmiesa  
#20 Posted : 28 May 2023 08:52:42(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
I understand MSL will send you a postage paid label to return faulty articles to them for refund or repair.

I recently returned a faulty (wheels/clearance design problem) Brawa E75, and was offered no such label. Cursing

Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com
Offline mapi  
#21 Posted : 30 May 2023 14:54:48(UTC)
mapi

Portugal   
Hi.
I recently bought a turntatabl 74861. In fact it was a nigthmare to put it to work. Now after lots on engineering ( I glued the tabs in the sockets ) and reshaping the device that blocks the turning table when it stops, it is working better. But I have now a new problem. With a machine a little bit more heavy it works but doesn´t turn..
Does the new one has also this last problem ?
Offline Drongo  
#22 Posted : 31 May 2023 14:25:52(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Originally Posted by: mapi Go to Quoted Post
Hi.
I recently bought a turntatabl 74861. In fact it was a nigthmare to put it to work. Now after lots on engineering ( I glued the tabs in the sockets ) and reshaping the device that blocks the turning table when it stops, it is working better. But I have now a new problem. With a machine a little bit more heavy it works but doesn´t turn..
Does the new one has also this last problem ?

Yes the small tabs need to be glued in and if they are slightly misaligned then the bridge jams. I'm looking for another TT as Marklin have lost the plot.
Offline mvd71  
#23 Posted : 31 May 2023 21:19:32(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
I still use the Fleischmann/Märklin k track turntable. Works just fine in digital as long as you don’t use the Märklin decoder.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mvd71
Offline Drongo  
#24 Posted : 01 June 2023 12:11:30(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Originally Posted by: mvd71 Go to Quoted Post
I still use the Fleischmann/Märklin k track turntable. Works just fine in digital as long as you don’t use the Märklin decoder.

What digital decoder are you using ?
Offline franciscohg  
#25 Posted : 01 June 2023 19:37:20(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
I also use the old TT, for digital operation with an LDT decoder. Works fine
Regards
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline mvd71  
#26 Posted : 01 June 2023 20:50:48(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: mvd71 Go to Quoted Post

What digital decoder are you using ?

The LDT Decoder. You can order them as a kit or complete ready to go.

https://www.ldt-infocent...8p3gc7rvrnum72ai01nktar5
Offline Drongo  
#27 Posted : 14 June 2023 14:39:42(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
I borrowed a CS3+ from a friend so that I could initialise and test the TT. I followed the instructions to install the TT by going into edit and searching for missing mfx items. I got an error message saying that there were no mfx items. Hence I assume that the decoder is faulty and I have packed it up and it's now on its way back to Marklin. What a piece of expensive rubbish. Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Drongo
Offline Drongo  
#28 Posted : 25 June 2023 14:08:20(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
I borrowed a CS3+ from a friend so that I could initialise and test the TT. I followed the instructions to install the TT by going into edit and searching for missing mfx items. I got an error message saying that there were no mfx items. Hence I assume that the decoder is faulty and I have packed it up and it's now on its way back to Marklin. What a piece of expensive rubbish. Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing

According to the online tracking, the parcel has been delivered. This is a remarkable feat for me as the previous parcel was returnrd to sender twice. Now the long wait for the return postage.

Update - I received an email on Friday afternoon to say that Marklin have logged it in for service. Two weeks from receiving the parcel to logging it in - How much stuff does the service department handle ? And I bet most of it is under warranty.

Edited by user 09 July 2023 12:50:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Drongo  
#29 Posted : 02 August 2023 13:04:58(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
An update with the TT.

It arrived back and the message was : "Sensor, locking lever and decoder were defective. This was replaced and the turntable was completely tested for function".

This is great news as the TT is functioning well. Thank you Marklin service.

However, as I was a production manager for 40 years, I can't shake off the feeling that something at Marklin needs to be done to reduce the incidents of returning defective products under warranty. Buying cheap components initially can be dangerous, as seen here the cost to the manufacturer in dealing with a faulty product must be enormous, much higher than the profit margin. Therefore, this can only lead to a vast reduction in the bottom line, and I'm sure the senior management must realise this. So, my advice to them is to throw away the cheap components and restart with quality ones. Afterall, Marklin is suppose to be an elite supplier in the model train industry.

Thanks for putting up with this rant.

Greg
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Drongo
Offline JohnjeanB  
#30 Posted : 02 August 2023 15:51:15(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Greg
I totally agree with you: Märklin is now making a good use of servos (very cheap, approx. 1€ but can be easily defective).
In your TT the latching is made using one of those servos.
These servos are used in many many places by Märklin (pantographs, collapsing driver, etc).
In my case I have a loco 39008 with coal level in tender, controlled by a servo but now it does not work any more.
I have ordered (China) one of these super compact servos but to no avail.
39008 Tender Servo Dimensions.png

So Märklin should (just my opinion) standardize the use of these servos and make them available for replacement

Cheers
Jean
Offline kiwiAlan  
#31 Posted : 02 August 2023 16:52:09(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post

I have ordered (China) one of these super compact servos but to no avail.

I would be very surprised if you cannot find one on eBay.

Offline JohnjeanB  
#32 Posted : 02 August 2023 18:03:45(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Yes I did find it. Same case, same voltage, same angle, same micro connector but it didn't work
Not sure about digital or analog version
Jean
Offline Drongo  
#33 Posted : 04 August 2023 13:13:36(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Well the saga is not quite over. The TT is operating with a CS3 and an ECoS, however it won't work with TrainController. I've just found out that Railroad & Co. have requested Marklin to send them a TT so that they can modify their program. Marklin refuse to send one.

Can you believe it ??????????? What's wrong with Marklin ???????????? If someone from Marklin reads this can they please give their reasons for not sending one.

Regards
Greg
Offline JohnjeanB  
#34 Posted : 04 August 2023 14:27:39(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Greg
I can see you have some animosity towards Märklin (maybe with some reasons I don't know).

I use Rocrail and already in June 2021, Rob Versluis (the main designer of RR) complained about ZERO information being provided by Märklin (not only M did not provide any TT sample but did not answer questions).

But in late June 2021, Rocrail managed to make it work so the problem maybe is with Train controller collecting big license fees but not working on follow up. Rocrail provides a new release every workday without asking for money.

Maybe also that Märklin devices works better / are easier to use with a CS3 rather than an ECOS. Just try to use an ESU decoder on a CS3 and you will understand my point.
Cheers
Jean
Offline David Dewar  
#35 Posted : 04 August 2023 20:30:37(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Well the saga is not quite over. The TT is operating with a CS3 and an ECoS, however it won't work with TrainController. I've just found out that Railroad & Co. have requested Marklin to send them a TT so that they can modify their program. Marklin refuse to send one.

Can you believe it ??????????? What's wrong with Marklin ???????????? If someone from Marklin reads this can they please give their reasons for not sending one.

Regards
Greg

Greg. If some software lot want there stuff to work with Marklin then they can buy a turntable. Dont see why Marklin should send them one. Marklin items should be designed to work with their own product eg CS3 and it is up to others who dont produce any track or even locos etc to ensure that what they produce will work with Marklin.
Manufacturers like Marklin Roco and Piko do a great job by providing everything needed to build and run a model railway.
There is a case for others to provide other items which is great but it is up to them to allow their items to work with Marklin etc.

Dave

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline Drongo  
#36 Posted : 07 August 2023 08:34:33(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Hi Everyone, I can see your point regarding that the creator of the software should buy a TT to make the software work with the product. It's at point which is a "Mexican Standoff" - neither party wants to help. All I want, as a consumer, is for my train layout to work. So to intervene into this standoff, I have offered to buy a TT and give it to Mr Freiwald so that he can update his software. I'm waiting for his reply. Two German companies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As my grandmother used to say "Testadura"

I'll keep you informed.

Regards
Greg
Offline kiwiAlan  
#37 Posted : 07 August 2023 15:24:10(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Hi Everyone, I can see your point regarding that the creator of the software should buy a TT to make the software work with the product. It's at point which is a "Mexican Standoff" - neither party wants to help.

shades of "cakegate" or "cargate".

Offline David Dewar  
#38 Posted : 07 August 2023 15:40:42(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Greg. You could send your turntable to the software company which would solve the problem. No way Marklin is interested in sending their products to other small software folk. Providing TT works with a CS2/3 then that should be their main concern. I dont have one but from what I see some customers are not happy with the TT and if using a Marklin controller then that is not good.
Offline Drongo  
#39 Posted : 08 August 2023 09:05:24(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Hi Everyone, I can see your point regarding that the creator of the software should buy a TT to make the software work with the product. It's at point which is a "Mexican Standoff" - neither party wants to help.

Are suggesting that I'm after some exposure ? I hope not. All I want is to be happliy playing with my train layout and watching the locos enter and leave via the TT. The 2 parties here, I believe are just plain stubborn and I'm trying to breakup this childish attitude. I can see both points of view, however, co-operation within the industry is something that will sustain the industry. If Marklin did "give" Mr Freiwald a TT then this would enhance Marklin's sale of the TT. The RRP for the TT is 549 euro and probably cost price to Marklin around 300 euro. So Marklin are saying that they won't invest in TrainController as 300 euro is too much. I believe that Marklin have really lost the plot on this one.

Regards
Greg
Offline David Dewar  
#40 Posted : 08 August 2023 11:30:06(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Why would Marklin want to invest in Traincontroller whoever they are. Marklin along with a few others are large companies and will have little interest in others who are for many unknown. If traincontroller and similar did not exist it would not make any difference to those who run their model railways.
I have no problem with anybody using whatever software they like to run their layout but Marklin and others are not going to invest in this type of model business.
The Marklin TT is another matter and should be reliable and work with Marklin systems.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline kiwiAlan  
#41 Posted : 08 August 2023 18:16:11(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Are suggesting that I'm after some exposure ? I hope not. ...

No, not by any means. I'm thinking of the standoff between Freiwald and Marklin and how it is not forwarding the interests of either party.

Offline Drongo  
#42 Posted : 10 August 2023 14:50:40(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   

Are suggesting that I'm after some exposure ? I hope not. ...

No, not by any means. I'm thinking of the standoff between Freiwald and Marklin and how it is not forwarding the interests of either party.

Thanks. It looks like this childish game is not going to be resolved, even with me offering to "give" Mr Freiwald the TT. Just plain stubborn Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing
Offline Tom Jessop  
#43 Posted : 22 October 2023 11:27:23(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   
Another mention of the TT ,

https://forum.3rail.nl/index.php?msg=1279807 https://forum.3rail.nl/index.php?msg=1514533

I have been cruising thru the Dutch 3rail forum for a while & came across these 2 links regarding various problems associated with the TT , plenty of good reading on a cold wet night for all of you in the northern part of the earth . I used a translator for a english version .

Have fun
Cheers tom in oz.
Offline Garoux  
#44 Posted : 24 October 2023 17:03:40(UTC)
Garoux

France   

Greg

i did a bad experience ME TOO. But I only sent back once and felt the wrong problem. I decided to use it manually
=> No need to adjust a protocol to use it.
Alain