Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline geir  
#1 Posted : 07 April 2023 14:02:01(UTC)
geir

Norway   
Hi,I'm trying to make a shuttle train event.see picture.The event start with switch/Circuit Track ,S1.The train change direction and drive towards turnout T1,T1 change to left position.When train passes S2,it stops.turnout T1 ,turn straightforward and train starts moving to S3.S3 change the train direction and drive towards turnout T1.When train passes S2,it stops.And here is where the problem is.Now the train should have driven towards S1 and set the turnout T1,to left. In my event 2 ,S2 says that the turnout should turn straightforward.I cant have two different directions on the turnout,in the same event.I only have 3 events on this shuttle event.I'm not shure if ppl understand what I meant.The plan was to make a train climing up a hill by zig zag,due to no place to make a tunnel.Is there any logical functions that can be used in the event program ,like if ...

event3.jpg
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by geir
Offline marklinist5999  
#2 Posted : 07 April 2023 14:40:15(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
I'm no expert, but how many contact tracks/S-88 feedbacks so others can assist? You can nest events into one.
Offline rhfil  
#3 Posted : 07 April 2023 14:42:31(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
I am assuming that you are referring to the "Shuttle Event" that is in the CS3. From what I can guess, that was created to simplify having a railcar run continuously between two linear station with little effort as many of the commands such as engine reverse are contained within the "Event". So you are trying to use it for something it was not designed to do. Given that it might actually be possible to do what you want but would be much easier using a different "Event". What is not evident is that you can insert commands inside the "Event" but they do not show up. So it is difficult to see exactly what they are doing. It would probably be much easier to accomplish what you want by creating an "Event" from scratch and not trying to fit the "Shuttle Event" to your needs.
Offline geir  
#4 Posted : 07 April 2023 16:03:06(UTC)
geir

Norway   
I got other shuttle events,just running from A to B and back again,works fine.On this route ,I have 3 feedback contacts' and 1 turnout.I can't figure out how to make a working event that do the job.Runinng from S1 to S2 ,from S2 to S3 and back again.
Offline rhfil  
#5 Posted : 07 April 2023 17:23:46(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
Create two events, one going from s1 to s2 and on to s3. The second going from s3 to s2 and back to s1. You then need to add the two together but I don't remember the exact sequence. You will have to experiment. The easier way is to use the "Loop" macro. However there are problems with stopping that macro. Once again you need to experiment with it.
Offline geir  
#6 Posted : 07 April 2023 17:59:50(UTC)
geir

Norway   
Here is a youtube clip of zig zag move
Offline JohnjeanB  
#7 Posted : 08 April 2023 02:05:12(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Geir

To manage 2 trains in a Y-shaped shuttle can be done using a CS2 or CS3, using the switch position as a criteria to decide which loco to start.
If you can understand German, here is a video about your problem with 2 locos on a Y-shaped layout

It is in German but english subtitles can be generated

The CS3 must be in developped event mode.
I hope this helps
Jean
Offline LSQ  
#8 Posted : 08 April 2023 10:22:16(UTC)
LSQ

China   
Originally Posted by: geir Go to Quoted Post
Hi,I'm trying to make a shuttle train event.see picture.The event start with switch/Circuit Track ,S1.The train change direction and drive towards turnout T1,T1 change to left position.When train passes S2,it stops.turnout T1 ,turn straightforward and train starts moving to S3.S3 change the train direction and drive towards turnout T1.When train passes S2,it stops.And here is where the problem is.Now the train should have driven towards S1 and set the turnout T1,to left. In my event 2 ,S2 says that the turnout should turn straightforward.I cant have two different directions on the turnout,in the same event.I only have 3 events on this shuttle event.I'm not shure if ppl understand what I meant.The plan was to make a train climing up a hill by zig zag,due to no place to make a tunnel.Is there any logical functions that can be used in the event program ,like if ...

event3.jpg

change direction.pngS1.pngIF 1.pngS2.pngS3.png
HI geir,

Maybe not necessary to use switch/Circuit Track, just use common Contact Track at S1, S2 & S3, then could achieve your purpose. Location of S1, S2 & S3 may just near T1.

Assume train move direction is forward to S1 & S3, backward to S2, and one specific Loco (here is BR81) to shuttle between S1 - S2 - S3, then S3 - S2 - S1.

Create Event "change direction" to change Loco's move direction;

Create Macro "If 1" to change direction of turnout T1;

Create Event "S1" when train pass S1, condition is Loco moves forward;

Create Event "S2" when train pass S2, condition is Loco moves backward;

Create Event "S3" when train pass S3, condition is Loco moves forward.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by LSQ
Offline geir  
#9 Posted : 08 April 2023 18:43:44(UTC)
geir

Norway   
tnx alot.I will try setup,never used macro's.