Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mjborelli  
#1 Posted : 25 November 2022 21:49:00(UTC)
mjborelli

Good afternoon,

I have a Marklin HO 3088 DHG 700C Analog Diesel Engine which only goes forward when used with my Marklin 6667A 16?V transformer. Is there a rotary switch or other device that can be used between the transformer and the diesel engine which would make it go forwards and backwards? If so how would it be wired?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 25 November 2022 22:32:37(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi MJ
From what I see, your loco has a mechanical reverse relay and a DCM (Drum collector motor).
You have 2 possibilities to chack:
- your mechanical reverse relay is faulty (the toggle does not position in front of each of the 2 contacts, the contact is dirty)
- one of the cables comming from the inductor coil (copper coil next to the motor) is cut.

To check, while the mechanical reverse relay is in the non-fonctioning position, connect a ground cable (to rails or O output) to the relay contact facing the togle. If the loco starts it means the relay is dirty or the toggle does not stop IN FRONT of the contact
Note: the toggle position is determined by the tongue associated with each contact
Sans titre.png

Cheers
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 28 November 2022 09:54:15(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: mjborelli Go to Quoted Post
I have a Marklin HO 3088 DHG 700C Analog Diesel Engine which only goes forward when used with my Marklin 6667A 16?V transformer.
The loco should reverse the direction when you turn the throttle to the left beyond the 0 position (you probably already know that).
If this does not work, then there either is a problem with the loco or the transformer.
Do other locos work? Do you have another transformer to try?

Originally Posted by: mjborelli Go to Quoted Post
Is there a rotary switch or other device that can be used between the transformer and the diesel engine which would make it go forwards and backwards?
I never heard of such a device by Märklin - except maybe the Märklin 6600 controller that allows to reverse locos and brings some other functions, but cannot be used with modern digital locomotives.
But this still will not work if the loco is defective.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline marklinist5999  
#4 Posted : 28 November 2022 13:57:34(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
The Delta Pilot controller had a red square button below the speed knob that reversed direction also. I made my own with a blue box, rheostat knob, and red momentary switch from Radio Shack back in the day. Either the knob I used or how I wired it up, direction also reversed when the knob was turned full to slow/stop.
Offline Donb  
#5 Posted : 28 November 2022 17:44:04(UTC)
Donb

Canada   
Sounds to me like the toggle spring return force is out of adjustment. Look for the arm where the spring ( item 28) attaches to on the toggle, and take a screwdriver and carefully bend that arm backwards to reduce spring Force or forwards to increase spring Force on the toggle. Only make small adjustments at a time and try it and see if that doesn't fix the problem.
A post a photo but I'm away from my trains right now.
Best Regards,
Don
___________________________________________________________________________________
CS3, ( Commander is now retired) , C track and Z scale, mostly DB/DR and SBB, SJ
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Donb
Offline Donb  
#6 Posted : 29 November 2022 05:38:24(UTC)
Donb

Canada   
here you go:

IMG_20221128_193924246.jpgIMG_20221128_193836098.jpg
Best Regards,
Don
___________________________________________________________________________________
CS3, ( Commander is now retired) , C track and Z scale, mostly DB/DR and SBB, SJ
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Donb