Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Gregor  
#51 Posted : 17 September 2021 12:27:20(UTC)
Gregor

Netherlands   
UserPostedImage

Number 2 has been announced.
See link.

Gregor
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Gregor
Offline kiwiAlan  
#52 Posted : 20 September 2021 00:32:50(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Now I know where Marklin got the idea of the message wagons from.

BMW have been doing Art Cars for around 50 years apparently, the latest is to celebrate starting 2-series production in Mexico.

I suspect Mike should be looking at ordering one, just that Henna Red isn't the main colour ... BigGrin BigGrin

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline MikeK  
#53 Posted : 24 September 2021 16:19:13(UTC)
MikeK

Denmark   
Number 2 in H0 was sold out in about 5 min... I was in the payment confirmation screen when it was removed from my chart Crying oh well, don't need to worry about that collection anymore then...
A single track on the floor is better than no track at all...
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MikeK
Offline roberts  
#54 Posted : 24 September 2021 16:30:42(UTC)
roberts

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: MikeK Go to Quoted Post
Number 2 in H0 was sold out in about 5 min... I was in the payment confirmation screen when it was removed from my chart Crying oh well, don't need to worry about that collection anymore then...

And in 5 minutes you can find them on eBay for 10x the price.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by roberts
Offline Nigel Packer  
#55 Posted : 24 September 2021 16:50:07(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Sold out already!!!

But I got my order in . . .

Nigel
Märklin collector since age 5.
H0 Collection from 1935 to today.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
Offline roberts  
#56 Posted : 24 September 2021 20:27:01(UTC)
roberts

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: Nigel Packer Go to Quoted Post
Sold out already!!!

Nigel

Yes, and now they sell on eBay.de for 349 to 700 euro! I was also lucky to get one at the normal price.
Offline MikeK  
#57 Posted : 24 September 2021 21:59:57(UTC)
MikeK

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: robertsandboge Go to Quoted Post
Sold out already!!!

Nigel

Yes, and now they sell on eBay.de for 349 to 700 euro! I was also lucky to get one at the normal price.

No wonder they sold out that fast, if people can get such a big profit in such short time, even I would really like the H0 wagon, I refuse to pay that much to the people that were the cause I couldn't buy it at the normal price - that the speed of my bank might have something to do with it can't do anything about now... But happy I got the 1-Scale :) Have plans to use it as part of my zoom background for work :)

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MikeK
Offline Marcus01  
#58 Posted : 25 September 2021 10:00:09(UTC)
Marcus01

New Zealand   
Sold out already!!!

Nigel

No wonder they sold out that fast, if people can get such a big profit in such short time, even I would really like the H0 wagon, I refuse to pay that much to the people that were the cause I couldn't buy it at the normal price - that the speed of my bank might have something to do with it can't do anything about now... But happy I got the 1-Scale :) Have plans to use it as part of my zoom background for work :)

I did think it was against Ebay policy to list things you didn’t actually have to sell - anyone already listing the new black wagon (before Marklin have delivered) should be reported to ebay…
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Marcus01
Offline Nigel Packer  
#59 Posted : 25 September 2021 10:58:29(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Märklin haven’t even delivered the Keith Haring wagons to the UK yet!

But I see that some sales of the new black Message Wagons have already completed on eBay Germany. Customers are buying “confirmed orders”, not actual wagons!

The whole thing’s amazing! Is this Märklin’s most successful special edition ever?

Nigel
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
Offline roberts  
#60 Posted : 25 September 2021 11:09:43(UTC)
roberts

Sweden   
Sold out already!!!

Nigel

This is the problem with artificial limited editions. It would be more fair to the customers if they just made sure to make enough of them. If they run out, just make some more. These wagons are really easy to manufacture. In fact, you can easily make your own message wagon. Just buy one of those cheap box cars and paint it yourself. You can even use your own favorite message instead.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#61 Posted : 25 September 2021 15:03:46(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

This is the problem with artificial limited editions. It would be more fair to the customers if they just made sure to make enough of them. If they run out, just make some more. These wagons are really easy to manufacture. In fact, you can easily make your own message wagon. Just buy one of those cheap box cars and paint it yourself. You can even use your own favorite message instead.

I am very surprised at the extremely limited numbers they seem to be making of each wagon, especially in H0. G1 I could understand if they made only a hundred or so, but H0 is such a huge market it is no wonder they sold out in 5 minutes.

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline marklinist5999  
#62 Posted : 25 September 2021 15:38:55(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Over production decreases collectable values. An example is Dept. 56 items. The ones made in the fewest are the most valuable and sought. The Globe theatre, Victoria station, the White House, and a few of the Dickens village.
Hallmark also numbers and limits production of Star Trek, Star Wars, and Haary Potter items.
Offline MikeK  
#63 Posted : 26 September 2021 23:21:31(UTC)
MikeK

Denmark   
Out of interest, do we know how many they make of each of these wagons?
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by MikeK
Offline Nigel Packer  
#64 Posted : 24 October 2021 10:44:20(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Märklin has now despatched both of the two Message Wagons to the UK.

I don’t know what Brexit deal has been done over the taxes - we will see!

Nigel
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
Offline Nigel Packer  
#65 Posted : 27 October 2021 09:28:25(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
My Message Wagons (total of three parcels) are still in transit to the UK, but I have this morning received three matching invoices from Märklin that document what I paid for the wagons.

The bottom line amount has not changed (it is the exact amount in Euros charged by the website at the time of ordering), but the way the total is calculated is different.

It shows that I have paid 20% UK VAT on the total, and Märklin now has a UK VAT number as a reference. So there should be no charge for the delivery of the parcels, and if there is a charge I can challenge it because I have proof that I’ve paid the full UK tax.

I’ll confirm this when the parcels arrive, but this looks like a terrific solution by Märklin to the problem of shipping to the UK after Brexit. It’s taken a while, but they seem to have really tried to help us poor beleaguered customers in the UK. And this should be a solution for the future, too.

We’ll done, Märklin!

Nigel
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
Offline kiwiAlan  
#66 Posted : 27 October 2021 13:16:33(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

I’ll confirm this when the parcels arrive, but this looks like a terrific solution by Märklin to the problem of shipping to the UK after Brexit. It’s taken a while, but they seem to have really tried to help us poor beleaguered customers in the UK. And this should be a solution for the future, too.

We’ll done, Märklin!

Nigel

I suspect they have looked at the number of Insider and Proficlub members with UK addresses, and figured that the throughput of Gaugemaster is not sufficient for that many people, so are looking to 'up the anti' ... BigGrin

They must be able to see the number of items ordered through German dealers that are ordered against club membership numbers registered to the UK. I guess they are also getting orders for spare parts through the Marklin store as well.

Having done this to supply UK customers I wonder if they will now do similar for other regions that they currently don't supply from the Marklin store.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#67 Posted : 29 December 2021 16:06:40(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Seems quite a few of these message wagons reached the UK, there are a number being offered on eBay, from 3120 upwards.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Mark5  
#68 Posted : 08 February 2022 03:51:43(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
A lot more of these message wagons going for a lot less now on ebay.
Full kits.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i...424e1:g:Su4AAOSwzQ5hUwdL
etc.

But made me think we ought to make some ourselves with our own stylized message with era appropriate side messages.
Art need not have a big name.
- Mark Five

DB DR FS NS SNCF c. 1950-65, fan of station architecture esp. from 1920-70.
In single point perspective, where do track lines meet?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Mark5
Offline Nigel Packer  
#69 Posted : 03 June 2022 16:10:50(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
2nd edition Keith Haring wagon (the yellow one in H0) was sold out within six minutes today!

Nigel
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
Offline kiwiAlan  
#70 Posted : 03 June 2022 16:42:18(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
2nd edition Keith Haring wagon (the yellow one in H0) was sold out within six minutes today!

Nigel

Hope you were quick off the mark Nigel BigGrin
Offline Nigel Packer  
#71 Posted : 03 June 2022 17:11:39(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Nigel

Hope you were quick off the mark Nigel BigGrin

Yes, I was! The Gauge 1 version lasted a few minutes longer before it was sold out too.

This time there was a limit of one wagon per customer. The first edition allowed a maximum of three per order.

Nigel
Offline Nigel Packer  
#72 Posted : 03 June 2022 17:41:36(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Just looked on eBay Germany, 90 minutes after the 2nd edition Keith Haring wagons went on sale, and there are already 41 H0 wagons for sale. Prices are up to about 250 Euros. Price from Märklin is 60 Euros.

There’s no announcement yet as to when these wagons will be delivered by Märklin.

I think this is rather shocking, but I suppose it’s just capitalism in action.

Nigel
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
Offline roberts  
#73 Posted : 04 June 2022 10:40:28(UTC)
roberts

Sweden   
Just looked on eBay Germany, 90 minutes after the 2nd edition Keith Haring wagons went on sale, and there are already 41 H0 wagons for sale. Prices are up to about 250 Euros. Price from Märklin is 60 Euros.

There’s no announcement yet as to when these wagons will be delivered by Märklin.

Nigel

It’s probably just greed in action. This could have been easily avoided if Märklin would have made more of them. They could release a second batch of wagons, just after the delivery of the first batch, after most eBay buyers have wasted their 250 euros. This should teach people to not overpay.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by roberts
Offline Goofy  
#74 Posted : 11 June 2022 07:26:50(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: roberts Go to Quoted Post

Nigel

It’s probably just greed in action. This could have been easily avoided if Märklin would have made more of them. They could release a second batch of wagons, just after the delivery of the first batch, after most eBay buyers have wasted their 250 euros. This should teach people to not overpay.

No it´s not greed in action.
It´s a business and if you have money you buy it.
Märklin alone know by self that there is interesting by collection products that are strong limited.

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline Mark5  
#75 Posted : 11 June 2022 23:18:10(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
Nigel

... plus asking and getting are two different issues... I always look at "Advanced Search" to see "completed or sold auctions" to estimate what seller price history might be. Unfortunately you can't tell what the price might have been when it says "Seller accepted best offer"
https://www.ebay.co.uk/s..._Complete=1&_fosrp=1
That was my search link.

imho, the prices and the buying game do not conform to the idea that "Art is for everyone"
...even though I am not a fan of the artists in question, their tales are interesting.

$110 million for Basquiat's skull painting, sure fits into the idea that the Art Market is all part of a convenient way for the super rich to launder money in the name of art, buying social status or the privilege of access.
uh huh. Clearly "Some art is clearly not intended to be for everyone".

There is at least one decent Basquiat film worth seeing, if you are interested in knowing more. A tragic tale nonetheless.
https://www.rottentomato...t_the_radiant_child_2010

hmm. Maybe I should issue a line of my own Art cars... Cool

I do like our own limited edition "Marklin-Users" car that was Clio approved by Juhan.
DB DR FS NS SNCF c. 1950-65, fan of station architecture esp. from 1920-70.
In single point perspective, where do track lines meet?
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Mark5
Offline kiwiAlan  
#76 Posted : 22 February 2023 20:33:09(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Looks like the next wagon is going to be introduced in 15 days, and this time will also be available in Z.

I do like the video at the top of the page, someone has put some thought in how to show them off with some G1 figures, as though they are in a museum setting.

Offline marklinist5999  
#77 Posted : 22 February 2023 23:23:48(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Can you custom order these? i do like the one "I am what I am"
Offline kiwiAlan  
#78 Posted : 22 February 2023 23:49:28(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post
Can you custom order these? i do like the one "I am what I am"

No, you have to online when the next wagon becomes available (at the time given by the timer on the web page).

Judging by the past editions which are in the video (and no longer available) they will sell out in about 5 minutes.

The earlier editions that can be seen in the video can be found on eBay at rather inflated prices.

Offline kiwiAlan  
#79 Posted : 03 March 2023 15:01:06(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
for those who haven't received the email, the next Message Wagon is about Van Gogh.
Offline Jimmy Thompson  
#80 Posted : 03 March 2023 15:48:34(UTC)
Jimmy Thompson

United States   
Love And here am I with the 4415.912 Van Gogh set...a perfect addition, Laugh but will I make the cut? LOL Love
Jimmy T
Analogue; M-track; BR 111; KLVM; Primex; Sarrasani Zirkuswelt
There is a Prototype For Everything
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Jimmy Thompson
Offline kiwiAlan  
#81 Posted : 03 March 2023 16:48:54(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Jimmy Thompson Go to Quoted Post
Love And here am I with the 4415.912 Van Gogh set...a perfect addition, Laugh but will I make the cut? LOL Love

You will have to be up early to do your 'buy', they will most likely all be sold within 5 minutes, certainly the H0 ones.

Offline Jimmy Thompson  
#82 Posted : 03 March 2023 17:50:52(UTC)
Jimmy Thompson

United States   
No doubt whatsoever on that one!! And do not blink...Blink Blink Poof! All gone! We shall see what we shall see!
Jimmy T
Analogue; M-track; BR 111; KLVM; Primex; Sarrasani Zirkuswelt
There is a Prototype For Everything
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Jimmy Thompson
Offline Patrik  
#83 Posted : 03 March 2023 18:02:24(UTC)
Patrik

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
for those who haven't received the email, the next Message Wagon is about Van Gogh.

Got the mail and me wants it! So will be hanging on the door!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Patrik
Offline vmsysprog  
#84 Posted : 10 March 2023 19:55:41(UTC)
vmsysprog

United States   
Ordered mine this morning as soon as it was possible to order. I had no problems placing the order. With the issues ordering as some have alluded to I expected some problems, but no issues. Received a confirmation email, etc.

Steve
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by vmsysprog