Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Don Morris  
#101 Posted : 12 October 2021 01:04:18(UTC)
Don Morris

New Zealand   
Have recently received my 74861, other than some damage that occurred in shipping, pleased with item. As to installation I had virtually no problems, device runs well , perhaps I was lucky. The only issue that I have is the apparent inability to place an turntable icon on the track plan, maybe it is me?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Don Morris
Offline Duchêne  
#102 Posted : 20 February 2022 14:14:21(UTC)
Duchêne

France   
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Hi
there is a new video on how to drive a 74861 turntable with an MS2

I know it is in German but with a little patience you may learn GermanBigGrin
Initialisation is by:
* turning the power OFF and ON the tracks
* within 5 seconds, send the order 225 red, 225 green 225 red again
Then it is driven like a switch following this table

Sans titre.png
Cheers
Jean

Hello,

I tried but the turntable did not react with its commands. Whereas on address N°1 the red and green keys cause the machine to beep. Note: the first time I turned it on it was spinning a bit. Should it be reset? And how ?

Sincerely,
a new AC Marklinist

Duchêne from France
Offline JohnjeanB  
#103 Posted : 20 February 2022 16:00:08(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Originally Posted by: Duchêne Go to Quoted Post

Hello,

I tried but the turntable did not react with its commands. Whereas on address N°1 the red and green keys cause the machine to beep. Note: the first time I turned it on it was spinning a bit. Should it be reset? And how ?

Sincerely,
a new AC Marklinist

Duchêne from France

Hi Duchêne (can't be your first name can it?)

I don't know where is your problem but I suggest you to:
- verify the connection between the programming track of your CS3 and the 2 screw terminal under the TT and then apply power.
- check that your TT is not already registered in your CS3

Like here
cs3_edit Plaque Tournante 1.png
If it is there, push the key (circled in blue at bottom right of the spcreen.
Then you get this screen

cs3_edit Plaque Tournante 2.png

If it is not there, select "Modifier" (Edit) and then "Chercher Article MFX" (Look for MFX device) like here
CS3 ChercherArticle MFX.png

Then you should be in business
Cheers
Jean
Offline Duchêne  
#104 Posted : 20 February 2022 17:05:27(UTC)
Duchêne

France   
Hi jean,

I am on MS2 as it was indicated on your initial post!!! (and so I don't have CS2 or CS 3; nobody is perfect!)

Merci pour votre réactivité !

Cheers

Yves
Offline JohnjeanB  
#105 Posted : 20 February 2022 18:31:19(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Sorry Yves , I am not familiar with the MS2 with regards to searching for lost MFX devices.
Here is a video on the subject alas in German. I will watch it to so if I can help.

Turntable init from 1:42 into, the video. Set the MS2 to factory address 225, then press STOP, then STOP again (power on, must be with 5 seconds), then on address push RED, GREEN, RED and then the TT starts looking for its configuration (where the access tracks are located) A 360° rotation is started before the init is complete.
The beeps are transmitted for each segment; High pitch when there is a trach, low-pitched when there is no track
At 2:58 init is finished. Next the table I sent previously can be use for driving the TT
Cheers

Jean
Offline Duchêne  
#106 Posted : 20 February 2022 18:39:01(UTC)
Duchêne

France   
I know this video, of course, that I've seen several times but apparently, the 74861_TT is no longer recognized in 225 by the MS2...
Offline JohnjeanB  
#107 Posted : 20 February 2022 18:53:00(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Then it may mean:
- the address was changed for another one
- the MS2 is not connected to the TT
- the TT decoder is not OK

Sorry
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline Drongo  
#108 Posted : 18 March 2022 03:04:28(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
My TT was posted to Marklin for repairs on 3rd February 2022 from Sydney, Australia and arrived in Germany on 13th February 2022. It was delivered to Marklin on 16th March 2022. So much for German efficiency. Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing . Now I have to wait for Marklin to lodge it into their system and then for it to be repaired and them posted back to me.
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Offline marklinist5999  
#109 Posted : 18 March 2022 12:29:28(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
It been taking since last May for a local family to get a black granite headstone for their parents grave from India. Once it arrives here, it will still need engraving done, and the cutting tools are also in short supply. The stone was quarried in January.
It's taking longer for everything, but more workers are returning, however, a new covid surge has hit China, and the UK.
Offline Drongo  
#110 Posted : 03 April 2022 03:03:52(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Drongo Go to Quoted Post
My TT was posted to Marklin for repairs on 3rd February 2022 from Sydney, Australia and arrived in Germany on 13th February 2022. It was delivered to Marklin on 16th March 2022. So much for German efficiency. Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing . Now I have to wait for Marklin to lodge it into their system and then for it to be repaired and them posted back to me.

And Marklin sent me an email on 25th March 2022 to say that they have recorded in their books and will be repaired - at some time.

Everyone blames Covid when something goes wrong - BS - it's just people have become lazy and work is optional.
Offline Puttputtmaru  
#111 Posted : 11 May 2022 19:49:33(UTC)
Puttputtmaru

Canada   
I have found this video (chat) tutorial on the Marklin Turntable 74861 (now 74782) it is very in depth on everything I think you need to know:

(Not sure if it was mentioned before)
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Puttputtmaru
Offline Goofy  
#112 Posted : 12 May 2022 06:22:32(UTC)
Goofy

Märklin did present a new turntable with new design.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Drongo  
#113 Posted : 12 May 2022 12:54:18(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Marklin returned my TT today repaired (I hope).

I have noticed that Marklin has introduced a new version of the TT. Does anyone know why ? Is it a different model or is it an improved version ?

Greg
Offline Puttputtmaru  
#114 Posted : 12 May 2022 13:50:51(UTC)
Puttputtmaru

Canada   
Marklin returned my TT today repaired (I hope).

I have noticed that Marklin has introduced a new version of the TT. Does anyone know why ? Is it a different model or is it an improved version ?

Greg

Beside the fact that it looks weathered compared to the previous version not much can be found yet on it.

The change in # from 74781 to 74782 could mean that it has not changed much. But only speculation for now.

Below is a side by side of the « old » and new description from the catalogue.

The only difference I see is that the track have to be powered individually on the new one « . Locomotive operating current must be supplied separately to the track spoke connections » whereas it was supplied to the track spoke connections by means of the turntable deck in the ‘older » version.

27D8ABC0-C5A1-4CEF-A1F3-45E34D7ACF9C.jpeg
Offline mbarreto  
#115 Posted : 12 May 2022 23:10:58(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

About the just announced turntable, it seems to look better due to the darker color (I think it is just darker and not weathered) probably
will look better. About if it will be easier to install correctly, I think it is better wait for reviews and listen to what the early adopters will say.

Miguel
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline JohnjeanB  
#116 Posted : 13 May 2022 02:06:40(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi
Originally Posted by: Puttputtmaru Go to Quoted Post
The only difference I see is that the track have to be powered individually on the new one «. Locomotive operating current must be supplied separately to the track spoke connections» whereas it was supplied to the track spoke connections by means of the turntable deck in the ‘older» version.

As you said the darker color (no weathering) looks better. The previous new TT had the same constrain regarding the obligation to power each individual track.
Here is the picture from Julie on the French 3 rails forum https://forum.3rails.fr/u/julaye/summary regarding the underside of this version. Merci Julie, j'espère que tu me pardonne l'emprunt de ta photo.
74861 plaque demontee.jpeg
My cristal ball is not better than anyone but I suspect Märklin has corrected very small details (plastic color). My guess is it is the same program and sound.
The access track may be changing slightly with crossing walkway and different rails.
Cheers
Jean
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline Drongo  
#117 Posted : 26 May 2022 12:36:48(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
The TT is on its way back to Marklin - AGAIN.

I borrowed a friends TT, connected it to my EcoS (with the update) and it worked. Connected my TT and it didn't work. Removed the decoder and tested it on the Lokprogrammer and the decoder didn't respond. Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing

Marklin service claimed that they reset set the TT and tested it. B S. They obviously didn't test it. I'm advising anyone who is thinking of buying this TT, to think again - DON'T, unless you want to spend the rest of your life trying to get the think to work. It is poorly designed - the inserts have to be critically installed with only a small fraction of a millimetre out and the bridge will jam. It is poorly manufactured - the components are extremely fragile and break easily and the microscopic inserts that are placed where the inserts go, fall out easily and also jam the bridge. For the price - it's a waste of money.

You have been warned.

Regards

Greg
Offline JohnjeanB  
#118 Posted : 26 May 2022 13:00:22(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Greg
I understand your disappointment. I had a similar experience on a non-systematic failure on a loco. With the sound the loco will stop after a while but sending digital orders, the decoder would restart. I sent the loco to Märklin and waited for 3 months to have the loco returned with the exact same problem. I was shocked because it came right of a Mega startpackung 29640 with a CS2 and 2 trains for nearly 2000 USD.

Apparently, Märklin is not good at fixing intermittent problems but they repaired many of my other items (CS2, Henschel Wegmann loco, etc).
Also I know a few people who purchased the 74861 TT who had no problem with it. Exceptions: non-horizontal, non plane installation, fiddling with the lock servo.
Did you tested the TT with another central station? It happened to me a few time I had to unlock a digital / MFX device by changing the CS (in my case CS1, MS1, CS2 or CS3).
Honestly I can't see Märklin (Göppingen Germany) NOT testing your TT, but if it works then they return the TT without doing ANYTHING further. So do try with a friends CS3 or similar.
MFX registration can be a pain in the neck especially if you have many registered locos and the registration can be hidden somewhere. This is where A SECOND MFX central Unit is key because the registration process starts from zero (on the "other CS" and then on yours).
Cheers
Jean
Offline Drongo  
#119 Posted : 27 May 2022 14:17:26(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Hi Greg
I understand your disappointment. I had a similar experience on a non-systematic failure on a loco. With the sound the loco will stop after a while but sending digital orders, the decoder would restart. I sent the loco to Märklin and waited for 3 months to have the loco returned with the exact same problem. I was shocked because it came right of a Mega startpackung 29640 with a CS2 and 2 trains for nearly 2000 USD.

Apparently, Märklin is not good at fixing intermittent problems but they repaired many of my other items (CS2, Henschel Wegmann loco, etc).
Also I know a few people who purchased the 74861 TT who had no problem with it. Exceptions: non-horizontal, non plane installation, fiddling with the lock servo.
Did you tested the TT with another central station? It happened to me a few time I had to unlock a digital / MFX device by changing the CS (in my case CS1, MS1, CS2 or CS3).
Honestly I can't see Märklin (Göppingen Germany) NOT testing your TT, but if it works then they return the TT without doing ANYTHING further. So do try with a friends CS3 or similar.
MFX registration can be a pain in the neck especially if you have many registered locos and the registration can be hidden somewhere. This is where A SECOND MFX central Unit is key because the registration process starts from zero (on the "other CS" and then on yours).
Cheers
Jean

Hi Jean,

Yes we tested it with a CS3 as well.
Offline Minok  
#120 Posted : 28 May 2022 05:06:09(UTC)
Minok

United States   
The key weaknesses of the initial design that hopefully they addressed some of in the new version, beyond the cosmetic improvement, which are welcome:

1) The small keys at the exit will catch due to the way the bridge section has hard right angles where the keys pass under the bridge. If they angled those ends, then a slight misalignment would no longer jam the turntable.
2) The table is a bit flexible - installing as steel stiffening ring under it would stabilize and reduce turn table jamming occurrences.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline Drongo  
#121 Posted : 28 May 2022 08:51:02(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post
The key weaknesses of the initial design that hopefully they addressed some of in the new version, beyond the cosmetic improvement, which are welcome:

1) The small keys at the exit will catch due to the way the bridge section has hard right angles where the keys pass under the bridge. If they angled those ends, then a slight misalignment would no longer jam the turntable.
2) The table is a bit flexible - installing as steel stiffening ring under it would stabilize and reduce turn table jamming occurrences.

This is hopefully what you believe that they have done, and I agree with you. However, is Marklin capable to do this ? I mean, from my past experience with Marklin they aren't to forthcoming with admitting they make mistakes. AND if they have made these improvements shouldn't we be allowed to return the old TT and get the revised version ? OR is this asking for too much ?
Offline Minok  
#122 Posted : 28 May 2022 09:15:58(UTC)
Minok

United States   

This is hopefully what you believe that they have done, and I agree with you. However, is Marklin capable to do this ? I mean, from my past experience with Marklin they aren't to forthcoming with admitting they make mistakes. AND if they have made these improvements shouldn't we be allowed to return the old TT and get the revised version ? OR is this asking for too much ?

If they fix more than just the cosmetics then an upgrade kit you buy is probably the best you can expect from Märklin. Maybe dealer installed.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline ocram63_uk  
#123 Posted : 28 May 2022 11:21:45(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
it would be interesting to have a poll amongst the buyers of this forum re the TT

1) did it work out of the box? Y/N
2) did it need Marklin's assistance out of the box? Y/N
3) did you go crazy trying to get it to work with whichever control center you have? Y/N
4) is the available documentation, videos, internet blogs etc. enough for a good setup? Y/N

simple answers nothing else required 😊

Offline Drongo  
#124 Posted : 29 May 2022 08:29:30(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   

If they fix more than just the cosmetics then an upgrade kit you buy is probably the best you can expect from Märklin. Maybe dealer installed.

Buy an upgrade kit ? You must be joking. Firstly, will Marklin produce the upgrade kit, and secondly, if the upgrade kit is needed to improve the operation of the TT, then Marklin should provide free of charge. This reminds me of Microsoft selling operating systems. DOS 3.3 was great, but to improve and keep up with the new technology, they sold DOS 4 - whoops, it had problems, so they sold DOS 5 which had problems and then DOS 6, until Windows appeared and the process went on. Each time to but the updates. Bill became extremely rich and now the upgrades are free.