Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline jcrtrains  
#1 Posted : 05 May 2022 00:42:03(UTC)
jcrtrains

Canada   
Folks;

The Hag forum has pointed out that Ae 8/14 11801 is doing a passenger service across the old Gotthard line from Erstfield to Bodio and back on June 26, 2022. This engine is not out very much so it is definitely a special event. Tickets for the event can be purchased at the following:

Ae 8/14 11801 tickets

I have purchased a ticket and am now making arrangements for the trip from Toronto.

Is anyone else from the forum planning to attend? It would be nice to do a meet up at this event.

Thanks

thanks 7 users liked this useful post by jcrtrains
Offline Mark5  
#2 Posted : 05 May 2022 05:35:11(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
Lucky you! JCR... We will be expecting photos...
DB DR FS NS SNCF c. 1955-65, fan of V200, electrics and steam... so hard to narrow down...
...signaling systems, yard traffic and shunting, Sommerfeldt catenary,
and station architecture (esp. stations from 1920-70).
In process: a new modular layout, track planning and drawing benchwork.
Email anytime or chat live: https://discord.gg/jAEKyTWQPQ
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#3 Posted : 05 May 2022 17:29:48(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
I think the link is incorrect, or maybe the trip sold out? There is a small chance I might be able to go on the back of a business trip, so I'm very curious!
FS + SBB Era 2-5 and Vintage Marklin
Offline mario54i  
#4 Posted : 05 May 2022 19:19:57(UTC)
mario54i

Italy   
Offline jcrtrains  
#5 Posted : 11 May 2022 19:43:47(UTC)
jcrtrains

Canada   
My itinerary is now set. It will be a fast trip of three nights. I will be riding trains, watching trains and going to train stores - the triple crown of trains!

I fly overnight from Toronto to Zurich June 24, arriving at 8 am in Zurich on Saturday June 25th. From there I will rent a car (train stores are not necessarily well serviced by rail given the time available).

On Sat June 25th, I drive from Zurich airport to Wetzikon to visit stores Hobby Huesli and Amiba Lokshoppen. From there, I continue south to Rapperswil to visit store Modellbaustudio Born. From there, I continue south to Altdorf to watch trains and stay overnight.

On Sunday June 26th, I drive over to Erstfeld for the event that starts at 9:40 am and goes to 5 pm. All additional time will be spent watching trains. I return to Altdorf to spend the night of June 26th.

On Monday June 27th, I am up early and driving north to Arth-Goldau to watch trains. From there, I continue north to store C-Gleis Plus in Schenkon. From there, I have a long drive across to St.Gallen to visit store Zuba-Tech. From St-Gallen, I go to Zurich. If I have time, I will visit Zuri-Tech in Zurich. Any available extra time will be spent at Zurich Station watching trains. I stay overnight in Zurich and leave at 9:30 am to Toronto on Tuesday June 28th.

Note stores need to be chosen carefully as many have a half day on Saturday and are closed the first part of the week.
Offline Unholz  
#6 Posted : 11 May 2022 21:09:48(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: jcrtrains Go to Quoted Post

On Sat June 25th, I drive from Zurich airport to Wetzikon to visit stores Hobby Huesli and Amiba Lokshoppen. From there, I continue south to Rapperswil to visit store Modellbaustudio Born.

Are you aware of the (Swiss typical) rather limited opening hours especially of Hobby-Hüsli (9 to 12 on Saturdays) and of the fact that Born is no longer located in downtown Rapperswil but slightly "out in the sticks"? Wink
Offline jcrtrains  
#7 Posted : 11 May 2022 21:35:04(UTC)
jcrtrains

Canada   
I did see that. Hobby Huesli first then Amiba (open til 230). And I did see the move of Born - might be a residence now.

I will confirm hours of these three prior to departure.

Thanks
Offline Mark5  
#8 Posted : 12 May 2022 02:11:22(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
Originally Posted by: jcrtrains Go to Quoted Post
My itinerary is now set. It will be a fast trip of three nights. I will be riding trains, watching trains and going to train stores - the triple crown of trains!

I fly overnight from Toronto to Zurich.....
On Sat June 25th, I drive from Zurich. .......
.....I continue south to Altdorf to watch trains and stay overnight.
On Sunday....
On Monday June 27th,.....
.....and leave at 9:30 am to Toronto on Tuesday June 28th.
Note stores need to be chosen carefully as many have a half day on Saturday and are closed the first part of the week.
(redacted).....

I read your itinerary outloud over dinner for our vicarious pleasure...we laughed out loud.

My daughter says its sounds like you are planning a well organized heist. Reminding her of "The Italian Job."

My wife says she is worried about your lack of sleep for driving.

I'm just hoping you bring sturdy hardcover suitcases to bring back all your loot.

I'll just content myself with my packet from Lippe today.

Bon Voyage.
Buon Viaggio
Gute Reise
DB DR FS NS SNCF c. 1955-65, fan of V200, electrics and steam... so hard to narrow down...
...signaling systems, yard traffic and shunting, Sommerfeldt catenary,
and station architecture (esp. stations from 1920-70).
In process: a new modular layout, track planning and drawing benchwork.
Email anytime or chat live: https://discord.gg/jAEKyTWQPQ
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Mark5
Offline Unholz  
#9 Posted : 26 June 2022 19:44:27(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
I just saw a picture of today's excursion train with Ae 8/14 no. 11801 near Wassen, so it actually ran and I hope that you had a memorable trip. ThumpUp

© by André Niederberger, excerpt from a Facebook post

11801_Wassen.jpg
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#10 Posted : 27 June 2022 18:48:56(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
What a delight, I wish I could have made it! Thanks for sharing the image Stefan- I have to look for more as this would be a fun train to model on a layout!
FS + SBB Era 2-5 and Vintage Marklin