Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Richard556  
#1 Posted : 23 October 2021 12:05:46(UTC)
Richard556

New Zealand   
Hi

I've been playing around with some Marklin 59083/59084 1 gauge points (600mm long, 10 degree, ex-hubner turnouts).

They come with a switch stand, point motor, decoder, and polarised frog, and once you assemble they work pretty well. However the linkage between the point motor and the switch blades lever is a single metal pin which is dropped in from the top and is not secured - and if you tip the points upside down (for example once it is installed on a module which is placed in storage) I can see the pin just falling out and getting lost.

Has anyone had experience with these points? What do you do to secure the pin? The instructions are pretty minimalist...

Richard
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Richard556
Offline Richard556  
#2 Posted : 06 December 2021 08:39:07(UTC)
Richard556

New Zealand   
Hi everyone,

If anyone's interested, I have managed to solve my own problem with these Fuller Pro 8" hi leverage cutting pliers.

IMG_0750.JPEGIMG_0747.JPEGIMG_0748.JPEG

The brass pin can be seen in the attached photos. The pliers managed to flatten the pin on the underside of the points, but it's tricky because you need big enough pliers to be able to squash the pin, but they need to be small enough to access the small space around the end of the pin. Oh well, another tool added to the collection!
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Richard556
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#3 Posted : 06 December 2021 11:18:15(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I don't have any experience with the newer Hubner style points, I've only got the older 5976 / 5977 points. Thanks for posting your fix.