Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline marklinist5999  
#1 Posted : 26 November 2021 22:49:16(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
I have changed all of the delays, and the first turnout connected to the first M83 rips first with no delay. I have both events onConfused 1 contact track K1.
Before I had all 6 in one event with no delays. I deleted it from the first event, then added it to the second. Do I have to delete both events, then re enter this turnout first? I have it labeed as #2 on the first M83. It's the first item in the first event.
I have also shut down and restarted my CS3.
Offline Tie  
#2 Posted : 27 November 2021 09:23:35(UTC)
Tie

Norway   
I an not sure if I understand your problem. But assuming that you want your contact track to trigger several events…. If this does not work: try events in event; I.e.: you create an event to be triggered by your contact track. In this event you drag/insert your orher events. No delay between these events. As soon as your contact trigger the top event: the events inside will start and run in parallell in Cs3 and a deley in one event should not effect rhe orhers. The events within the top event should all be set to start manually: I.e.: when called upon by the top event.
Hope this helps.
THor Inge
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Tie
Offline marklinist5999  
#3 Posted : 27 November 2021 09:43:57(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Thank you Tie! I will try it.
Offline JohnjeanB  
#4 Posted : 27 November 2021 15:02:31(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post
I have changed all of the delays, and the first turnout connected to the first M83 rips first with no delay. I have both events onConfused 1 contact track K1.
Before I had all 6 in one event with no delays. I deleted it from the first event, then added it to the second. Do I have to delete both events, then re enter this turnout first? I have it labeed as #2 on the first M83. It's the first item in the first event.
I have also shut down and restarted my CS3.

Hi Marklinist
Here is the latest users manual (English) https://streaming.maerkl...3_Manual_EN_final-lo.pdf
Not sure where your problem but here is the little I know:
- the CS3 (like the CS2) switches already one after another all commands with a default 200 ms time no no need to worry about time-shifting the commands
- the CS3 will not allow any operation on events unless the Link88 (inside for a CS3+ or outside for a CS3) is fully started
Otherwise, the highlighted square appears in red
CS3 Edit events Blocking events.png
- the CS3 has 2 modes for events (extended or normal)
CS3-System Einstellungen-Extended mode.png
Sorry for German version but this is in CS3 System settings. The highlighted zone is about events and extended / normal mode

- on CS3 events, you may create a content either by drag and drop or by starting to record a sequence of manual commands and when you stop recording, the event record will reflect the commands with the delay (the time you took to go from one command to the next
cs3_Events Edit Record.png
- when you edit an event, clicking on a command, in extended mode (I think) allows you to see a timer you may set as you wish for the next command

There are much things to say about events, special functions like Random, If, etc.
Suggestions (If I may)
- use delays only when absolutely needed because an avalanche of delays on simultaneously-occuring events may cause trouble
- better start using the Normal Event mode to get acquainted before using the Extended Events mode
I hope this helps you
Cheers
Jean

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline marklinist5999  
#5 Posted : 27 November 2021 15:24:43(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Thank you Jean! I also have the book. My Loco icon "5" is black. I'll check the event mode. I didn't record events. The help menu in the edit events is of little help to me. I'll have help deciphering a bit later today.
The other turnouts delay. May I p[ossibly have a turnout incorrectly labeled in the CS3. While I was learning in the beginning, a few point position setting got changed. I thought perhaps I may have
messed them up correcting them.
Offline marklinist5999  
#6 Posted : 27 November 2021 17:51:19(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
I see what you mean about events being complex. I had no turnout lables wrong. Upon moving the A2 turnout to the first event position, then setting the condition edit to delay, the delay now works. An orange W is in that turnout box.
Utomstly, Thank's again for your help!
Offline Tie  
#7 Posted : 27 November 2021 18:46:54(UTC)
Tie

Norway   
Hi
Since You have not explained in detail what You want the event to do, and what is not working:
I assumed you had a contact track supposed to trigger an event or something to happen iside an event? To make contact tracks/feedback work in CS3 you must enable extended mode. you define the contacts tracks in cs3. Give them names and adress to the corresponding port in s88 feedback module. An of course wire the contact track to cs3 via s88 module. That done you can enter the contact into an event and define various things to happen… most common might be to set the contact track icon in an event to make event wait till train triggers the contact. Event will then stop executing and when train hits contact track event continues to next command: maytbe increase speed\switch a turnout etc. ? Always remember an event is a list of commands executed in sequence. From left to right….. as written or recorded. Time delays as you can put in events without extended mode enabled will normlly fail for train running. Train will never use same time from a to b even on same speed setting. But feedback contact gives cs3 inmediate input when a train triggers contact track. To make good working evnts you need to learn how events work and what possibilities the cs3 gives you…. After that the limitation is mostly your own brain and your logic. Events is like programming a computer. I assume for most of us we are the limitation. Not the cs3
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Tie
Offline marklinist5999  
#8 Posted : 27 November 2021 18:56:35(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Oh, sorrry Tie, it's ok. I thought I said the events were for turnouts with delays. Extend mode was not enabled, but the contact track was triggering the S88 and events. Just the delays weren't working correctly. Since enabling Extened mode, I was able to add a delay on the condition edit.
Thanks again. If that hadn't worked, I was going to delete the events and start fresh.
Offline marklinist5999  
#9 Posted : 02 December 2021 16:27:36(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
I'm studying the various macro settings for advanced events. The Youtube webinar #8 from Jan. 2021 on advanced event programming is helping.
The if, and, or, macro settings are what determined how they act. These can control signals in tune with turnout settings.
An if setting must be true (active) and followed by and "and" condition setting, otherwise, the condition will not fire. An "or" condition can work without an "if" being true or an action.
Setting an action to a condition without a macro will disable it. The a green dot shows in the box of the event box when you clcik it on the top menu. A number will show with the green dot for the number of events set to condition without a macro.
It's complicated. This is code writing. There are more than one way to do things. Of course, backing up any work you don't want to
lose or have to fix if you make a serious error is recommended,
I've gooten as far as the 'Loop" macro, which can cycle a repeating of the event. However, Curtis has not explored if the Loop can be turned off using the Cs3 'halt" and "go" icons in the macro menu. Thus only blocing events can stop Looping.
The next segment after about 43 minutes is about controling Loco's. not even half way through. Qurestions asked along the way are also explanatory.
Offline JohnjeanB  
#10 Posted : 02 December 2021 18:15:59(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi
Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post
I'm studying the various macro settings for advanced events.

It is all a matter of personal taste. Seems to me that we are reaching the maximum that can be obtained with these tools on the CS3.

If you are interested with automation, I strongly advise to connect the CS3 to a PC and with Rocrail, start using XML language where not only all these functions (And Or, etc) but also access to registers (example the loco register where are your locos are listed, length, type, location, etc) where incredible processing can be made. Other examples are with train register (nb of cars, total length, etc) where in conjunction with transfer blocks (long blocks where trains are stored automatically behind each other) optimization of train storage can be made
The differences with the CS3 possibilities (I have one) are not comparable with Rocrail. Simply incredible.
Cheers
Jean

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline marklinist5999  
#11 Posted : 02 December 2021 18:40:51(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Yes, Rocrail seems to be excellent Jean! My layout isn't complex. I have no turntable, and only a small yeard with two long, and one short siding. I have only 6 turnouts, and one digital dual home/distant signal. Unless I add more contacts, etc. I doubt I will do that. I'm more of a scenery and detail guy. I'd need more track, and a second tier of the layout.