Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline laalves  
#1 Posted : 03 October 2008 23:54:32(UTC)
laalves

Hi all,

I propose that all CS2 owners document their HW and SW versions and the issues already discovered.

Each owner should start the post with the versions and then list the issues found.

When updating, please edit your post, instead of adding new ones to reduce the mess. Also, please do not discuss the issues, just list them, otherwise readability will be reduced. I suggest other threads to be created for any discussions related to the issues.

Also, if this thread shows up to be useful, maybe the almighty Webmaster could convert this into a sticky.

Webmaster comment:
*Only* issues are to be listed here.

Discussion about the issues are at https://www.marklin-user...ult.aspx?g=posts&t=11077

Edited by moderator 11 March 2012 20:16:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline laalves  
#2 Posted : 04 October 2008 00:01:15(UTC)
laalves

Luis Alves CS2:

Hardware: 3.1

Software: 1.0.2(1) updated to 1.0.5(3) on 13/10/2008; updated to 1.07(2) on 15/11/2008 updated to 1.0.7.(3) on 17/11/2008; updated to "new" 1.0.7.(3) version on 08/01/2008; updated to 1.3.0.(1); updated to 1.4.0(1); downgraded to 1.3.0.(1) to workaround Issue 19

Issue 1: PC interface is disabled, responds to pings but actively refuses connections Solved, interface is available for Screenshots and online help reading;

Issue 2: Card reader doesn't work Removed, cards must have the chip facing down [xx(]

Issue 3: Update function does not work. Starts by appearing to work and then stops with the message update failed. Update: it worked after a reboot and updated, over the web to 1.0.3 and then 1.0.5.;

Issue 4: It is not possible to change the default gateway IP from 192.168.1.255 to anything else Solved.

Issue 5: Sx socket is disabled and undocumented;

Issue 6: Aux socket is disabled and undocumented;

Issue 7: Sound socket is disabled and undocumented;

Issue 8: The usual F4 icon, the acc/dec delay cancel (triangle) is not available. Locos register with turtle icons, one for F3 the other for F4. It is not available in the list of icons to choose Solved.

Issue 9: When using the virtual keyboard, the lower row of keys is screwed up: it is laterally displaced when lowercase and is actually uppercase, there's no "z" (!!!!!!!!!!); when pressing "b", "V" is the result for example. Solved with update 1.0.7(2)

Issue 10: English version: In loco programming screen, "min delay" and "max delay" actually means "min speed" and "max speed".

Issue 11: I haven't been able to run two of my loks: one has a Loksound 1 and the other is the Brekina Schi-Stra-Bus. They don't run with the CS2, although they ran with the CS1. Solved with 1.0.5

Issue 12: I haven't been able to have the CS "guess" a lok address using that feature Solved, unless using 1.4.0. Works with 1.3.0.;

Issue 13: In the layout feature, it is not possible to create an accessory without an address. In my case, my shadow station has a single address of a K83 controlling two outputs of a relay. One of the outputs controls one switch, the other controls power cuttoff for one track section. This times 10, for 10 track sections. Ideally, I would be able to draw this in the CS with one signal and one switch for each track section, using just one address. In practice with the CS2, I will have to use twice as many address, 10 of them being fakes (and wasted!) and program a route for each track section.

Issue 14: Function mapping is not possible for any type of decoder. There's a greyed out button "Additional settings" in the function settings page, maybe it's a promise of future function mapping options. One of my favourite setting is to modify the headlight settings to "Zoom" in the CS1. This is not possible with the CS2. This is a major downgrade so far Solved with 1.4.0..

Issue 15: As of yet, none of my mfx locomotives registered their function icons correctly. As a rule so far, ALL sound functions are mapped to the standard loudspeaker icon, regardless if I had a whistle, horn or whatever mapped to a given Fx button Solved with 1.3.0..

Issue 16: On 13/10/2008, unattended, exhaled burning smell and died. Returned to dealer on 14/10/2008, out of stock both at the dealer and at Märklin. Solved with a new unit, S/N 3517

Issue 17: New for 1.0.7: cannot change any CVs, not even the address, either by CV or by the address field. Can read all of them, though Issue solved by "new" 1.0.7(3), 08/01/2008

Issue 18: If there are two loks in the list that have the same address, one being an MM and the other a DCC, neither will run correctly (stuttering and flashing lights) even with only one of them present in the track. A similar thing also happens with CS 1 v2.0.4.: two MM loks with the same address will cause stuttering and erratic flashing headlights of both.

Issue 19: After updating to 1.4.0., CV programming for MM2 programmable and DCC profiles does not work. Newer version of 1.4.0., installed on 21/01/2011 corrected this issue

Issue 20: After updating to 1.4.0., function mapping for mfx decoders has been enabled and the mfx CV access has been extensively improved. However, when using the English language UI, these new features are in German and the online help text is outdated and in French. Babylon CS 2.

Edited by user 22 January 2011 02:10:59(UTC)  | Reason: Updated to new issues found in v1.4.0.

Offline Nigel Packer  
#3 Posted : 05 October 2008 13:13:05(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Updated 16/02/2009 with version 1.0.5(3)
Nigel Packer's replacement CS2:
Hardware: 3.4
Software: 1.0.2(1) updated to 1.0.5(3).
My issue 0: Can't update from the web site - update attempts to run but gives "not successful" message.
My Issue 1: No support for MM1 function decoders, so cannot use 2681 Kaiser Wilhelm coach lighting, 4999 Waiter car, 4998 Disco car, 49960 Measurement car, etc. 1.0.7(3): Now supported from the loco database, but still no MM1 option on the decoder menu for manually-added locos
My Issue 2: CS2 assumes Decoder=Locomotive, so there's no way of defining a function decoder without the speedometer and all the settings related to running a loco.
My Issue 3: Decoders must be defined as with Dipswitches or "Programmable". If defined as Programmable (which you have to do to set an address above 80), the CS2 insists on trying to program the decoder every time. There needs to be support for "Programmable but already programmed" so that you can use (eg) a 6021 to program the functions. This would of course allow support of other manufacturers' function decoders, but since Märklin doesn't have any programmable function decoders in its range, this would seem a necessary feature.
My Issue 4: No function icons for coaches or trains with interior lighting - I have many of these!
My Issue 5: Programming of a decoder while the CS2 is in "Stop" mode claims to work - but nothing is written to the programming track.
My Issue 6: Keyboard operation of two-motor double slips is not correct, and is not compatible with the CS1. I'm not re-wiring the motors just yet - hoping it will be fixed! Not fixed in 1.0.7(3).
My Issue 7: The loco selection facility starts to get more and more flaky as the number of defined locos increases: sometimes pressing the loco-select button just causes a flash on the screen; sometimes just part of the loco list appears, incorrectly positioned on the screen; sometimes a random (apparently) loco gets selected.
My Issue 8: There's a limit of 72 locos (OK - 90 if you use very short loco names for all your locos)! As more locos are defined, the selection list splits into columns, with a maximum of 18 locos per column, and a maximum of five columns - this fills the screen. If you continue adding locos, they are added to the list, but there's no way of accessing any loco past number 72 or 90 (ordered alphabetically). The control knobs continue to operate the previously-selected locos, and do not allow you to scroll through the list. Likewise, a USB mouse can not scroll the list.
Märklin collector since age 5.
H0 Collection from 1935 to today.
Offline Ratatouille  
#4 Posted : 05 October 2008 17:11:15(UTC)
Ratatouille

Hello!

My issues:

1. No functionmapping of mfx-locos[:(]
2. Programming of an mfx-loco which is not available on the track works! (Message: "Programming succesfull") But the changes are only in the cs2, even after replacing the loco on the track.[V]

I´m very sorry for my poor english!
Offline hjmo08  
#5 Posted : 09 October 2008 04:12:49(UTC)
hjmo08

Hi,

Some additional issues:

1. The CS2 doesn't read the address for delta decoders(locos tested 3456 and 33043). Some problems also with old mxf decoders, probably due to old firmware versions. As an example, for the loco 37141 (mfx decoder), the CS1 reads the factory address correctly and the CS2 reads the same address + 1, i.e. if the address is 30 (correctly read by CS1), the CS2 reads 31.
2. After inserting a loco manually and selecting a 4 dip-switches decoder type, and confirm all the data, when we access for the next time to the 'Configuration locomotive' area for the same loco, the 8 dip-switches type decoder is selected, instead of 4 dip-switches. Only 4 and 8 dip-switches decoders.
3. Some locos have 10 dip-switches decoders (like the 37050) and this type of decoder isn't displayed in the 'Configuration locomotive' area.
4. Impossible to reset the CS2 to factory settings. Only to one of the previous backups.
5. It is not possible to give, previously, a specific name for the backup file.
6. After creating or editing an acessory and selecting a 10 dip-switches decoder type for this acessory, and save all the data, if we access to the properties of the same acessory, the 8 dip-switches decoder type is selected instead of 10 dip-switches.

That's all for now.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by hjmo08
phc
Offline frankie  
#6 Posted : 14 October 2008 15:33:14(UTC)
frankie

Issue 4: It is possible to set it in DHCP mode?
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline nevw  
#7 Posted : 28 October 2008 06:24:51(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Serial Number 1765 . BETA TESTER 1765 but no more
Software 1.02 (1) ow VER 1.0.5(3)
Hardware 3.1

1. Sees the router but starts updating, get pretty red green and Yellow Bars, then a Blue bars. Stop lite went off them Failed to update message.
Have done upteen resets no change.
edit: downloaded the upgrade, unzipped, disconnected the Network cable, inserted the upgrade on a USB stick. Upgrade went through. I think. still running 30 minutes later. DId a restart and upgrade successful Now VER 1.0.5(3
2. will not recognise MFX Locks
edit: on programming track but ok on normal track.
3. loco menu both Left and right pop up for no apparent reason.
3A. Turning say Lights on takes about 3-5 seconds for them to go on or turm off.
edit. turn the speed control, nothing happens for 5 seconds, then train starts moving and gathers speed.
puch, select change direction knob, nothing for 5 secs. then loco starts slowing down and finally stopping

4. Bottom keyboard keys one letter out and I could not find a / key
5. Often Loco selection/menu Key does not work. Need to restart.

6. Cannot load locs and have them work. will not register MFX Locks.
now very very frustrated. very P***ed off. OBvious it has to go back.
probably to a knackers Yard for a peaceful death.
No Function Mapping which is a bore
Nev
Whwn you do a data reset it does not go back to factory setup.
Oh WEll CS 1 Back in action tomorrow

turned off the Cs as per instructions, connected a Network Cable. Turned the power on Nothing Zilth, dead, the smoke escaped
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline Maxi  
#8 Posted : 13 November 2008 14:58:11(UTC)
Maxi

Serial Number 1840
Software VER 1.1.3
Hardware 3.1

1. Network does not respond when unit appears to be ready for use. It would appear that the CS is still loading and initializing parts of the system in the background. The CS will not start responding to the ping command for another 20 seconds or so after the system apears ready for use. Best bet to wait for another minute when the CS apears to be ready for use before all features are fully loaded and ready for use. This may be why the online method of upgrading the software fails most of the time.
Offline pa-pauls  
#9 Posted : 13 November 2008 15:33:54(UTC)
pa-pauls

Any problem's that the loco list pops up when using the throttle's confused
Pål Paulsen
Märklin Spur 1 Digital, epoche 3
Offline nevw  
#10 Posted : 14 November 2008 00:37:37(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by pa-pauls
<br />Any problem's that the loco list pops up when using the throttle's confused

Fixable by a trip back to Maerklin for the Cs2.
[:(]
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline pa-pauls  
#11 Posted : 14 November 2008 00:56:20(UTC)
pa-pauls

I know Nevw as I had to send my back to Märklin because of this but
I have an e-mail saying that a brand new one is on the way to me Smile

So I only wonder if some other had the problem resently...
Pål Paulsen
Offline laalves  
#12 Posted : 14 November 2008 01:26:57(UTC)
laalves

I have seen and used one with this problem, my dealer's demo unit. It has a 1600s S/N, like the one I bought and burned.

His unit has another issue, the right hand F5 hard key gets stuck and permanently pressed.
Offline frankie  
#13 Posted : 17 November 2008 14:13:23(UTC)
frankie

Has anybody tried to make a consist?
Because we tried during our meeting in Florence http://www.3rotaie.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3603, but we were unable to load the second loco, no matter what.
We were trying to make a consist out of the two Nohab in the recently released set.
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#14 Posted : 09 January 2009 10:45:01(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by pa-pauls
<br />So I only wonder if some other had the problem resently...

I think Clapcott's CS2 has this problem. Not sure if Peter has sent it back to Märklin as yet.
Offline pa-pauls  
#15 Posted : 09 January 2009 11:28:36(UTC)
pa-pauls

Ooooh, sorry to hear that David [:I]

Tell Clapcott to send it back for replacement or maybe he can get a new one from his seller maybe confused
Pål Paulsen
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#16 Posted : 09 January 2009 11:42:14(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Well PÃ¥l, he did say to me that it would have to go back to the Lokshop for replacement. But given that it would be a 12,000 mile trip for it to go back to Germany from NZ, I don't know if he was in a hurry to send it. We had a MRR exhibition here in late November, and the NZ Marklin dealer was using Peter's CS2 to demonstrate it to people attending the exhibition, since the dealer had not even seen the CS2 at that stage!
Offline plavnostruev  
#17 Posted : 18 January 2009 23:47:16(UTC)
plavnostruev

United States   
Version 1.0.5

Bottom row of (typing) keyboard acts funny - it selects capitalized letter to the left of the one being pressed, does not seem to be screen calibration issue. I saw this on at least two machines.

Mike
Offline nevw  
#18 Posted : 19 January 2009 02:20:35(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by plavnostruev
<br />Version 1.0.5

Bottom row of (typing) keyboard acts funny - it selects capitalized letter to the left of the one being pressed, does not seem to be screen calibration issue. I saw this on at least two machines.

Mike

I believe that later updates fixed this problem. ECOS had the same problem when first released.
NN
Offline Charlie  
#19 Posted : 20 January 2009 05:29:14(UTC)
Charlie

That is correct, the bottom row of the keyboard is one of the issues that will be fixed with update 1.0.7.

Also expect the DCC option in that release.
Offline steventrain  
#20 Posted : 05 February 2009 21:56:59(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I have a new wireless mouse (with battiers in it) with USB key on CS2 much better now.

No Issue on my CS2 so far.Cool

PS the CS2 was 1.0.7(2) seriel number 1215.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline sudibarba  
#21 Posted : 16 February 2009 05:27:29(UTC)
sudibarba

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by steventrain
<br />I have a new wireless mouse (with battiers in it) with USB key on CS2 much better now.

No Issue on my CS2 so far.Cool

PS the CS2 was 1.0.7(2) seriel number 1215.

How did you get 1.0.7(2) ?
Eric
Offline sudibarba  
#22 Posted : 17 February 2009 01:15:38(UTC)
sudibarba

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Hemmerich
<br />
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by sudibarba
How did you get 1.0.7(2) ?

"Mystique"!!! (I'd say by either downloading it from the Märklin server or directly factory installed). biggrin

Well you certainly have me confused. I thought the only available update was 1.0.5 (3). I guess I'm losing my sense of humor.

Eric
Offline john black  
#23 Posted : 17 February 2010 17:34:37(UTC)
john black

United States   
sudibarba wrote:

hemmerich wrote:
"Mystique"!!! biggrin

Well you certainly have me confused. I guess I'm losing my sense of humor

Don't do this, Eric. It's the only way to stand his mumbo-jumbo UserPostedImage
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...
Outlaw Member of BIG JUHAN's OUTSIDER CLUB. With the most members, worldwide

Offline laalves  
#24 Posted : 31 December 2010 15:42:29(UTC)
laalves

Updated list of issues with 1.4.0(1)
Offline NZMarklinist  
#25 Posted : 22 March 2011 05:02:46(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: frankie Go to Quoted Post
Has anybody tried to make a consist?
Because we tried during our meeting in Florence http://www.3rotaie.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3603, but we were unable to load the second loco, no matter what.
We were trying to make a consist out of the two Nohab in the recently released set.

No problem with consists on CS1-R Alessandro Confused BigGrin
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#26 Posted : 19 December 2011 18:06:20(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
Hello

I have a 60214 Hw 4.33 Sw: 2.0.1 S/n 19655

This CS2 is from a Mega Starset. It came with 1.6.4 sw.

Problems with DCC:

Since I updated (by Internet connection) to 2.0.1 I can´t read parameters of DCC decoders neither address in the main menu.

When I make changes in some parameters(like vmax, brake delay...) into the main menu for locomotive config, the parameters are not transfered to locomotive. In some moments, when I try to read the decoder the CS 2 shows a overload message.
I can only read and write parameters into the CV menu.

My DCC decoders are ESU lokpilot V3 and Loksound V3.5.

Mfx decoders works perfectly and the reading of parameters is very fast. The function mapping works properly to mfx decoders but function mapping is not there to DCC decoders.

Some News:

Yesterday I was working with several locomotives. I used some pieces with Uhlenbrock 76320 (DCC / motorola) decoder working in DCC mode. With Uhlenbrock decoder CS 2 works right.

The problem was only with all my ESU lokpilot V3 and Loksound V3.5 decoders. Someone knows why?

I don´t know whats the matter with V4 because I don´t have this model of decoder.
And I don´t know whats the matter with other brands (like Lenz or cT Electronik) because I only have ESU and Uhlenbrock decoders.

Rubén.

Languages: If I change language to Spanish help menus are in french and too much operation messages from CS2 are in dutch or german.

Edited by user 20 December 2011 09:57:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Nilkram  
#27 Posted : 19 February 2012 17:27:58(UTC)
Nilkram

Dear Märklin users,

I have a problem!

Today I updated my CS2 to version 2.0.1 by means of an USB stick. The update was succesfull, so said the CS2. After I had started up again it appeared that all my signals and points were not anymore switched on when a train touched a contact track (ground detection). My complete block system and full automatic entry of the shadow station, nothing did it! Not one signal turned red when a train passed and not a point was set to the right empty track in the shadow station. I have sent an e-mail to the Märklin helpdesk in which I describe the problem and hope to get an answer soon. I think it has something to do with the new drivers for the S88. I use S88 article number 6088, some 15 tot 20 years old and also the K83 and K84 of the same age. Under version 1.6.4 everything worked perfect.
Any one of you Märklin users had the same experience?

Kind regards

Jan
Offline charles Sharpe  
#28 Posted : 19 February 2012 17:57:45(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hello.

Yes I have. I can do a update by USB or bring CS2 down to the house and connect it to the internet and do it that way. I loose most of my signals and some times I get 2 signals take the same address. We did a back up the a rest then added the new update. We had to do that 4 times then all ok.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline sampiero  
#29 Posted : 10 January 2013 21:42:55(UTC)
sampiero

Hello every body,
My CS 60214 cannot be updated. A message of failire appears each time I try to do it.
Also, I have a 26549 Br 38 DB. All the sounds are working fine but the brakes are mute when stopping even when the icon is on.
I came back then to my testing unit with 6021. The brakes are not sounding too. I thought F5 was permently activated with 6021. Indeed, all the other sounds are working fine.
No problem with 37033 Serie 64 SNCB.
if somebody could help... Thanks and happy new year to all,of the site members.
Offline H0  
#30 Posted : 10 January 2013 22:41:59(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: sampiero Go to Quoted Post
All the sounds are working fine but the brakes are mute when stopping even when the icon is on.
When the icon is on, brake sound is off. Make sure operating sounds are on. You may have to increase the "hardware" braking delay of the decoder (on the CV screens) and/or reduce the "software" braking delay of the CS2 (before you enter the CV area).

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline waorb  
#31 Posted : 19 July 2013 15:58:33(UTC)
waorb

Brazil   

Hi!

I use CS2 60215, updated from the internet with lastest firmware from Märklin.

No known issues to date.

Regards,

Walter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by waorb
Offline Deborail  
#32 Posted : 24 August 2013 23:29:40(UTC)
Deborail

United Arab Emirates   
My issue with the CS2 (60214) is simple: It crashes...The screen goes black, the power is cut off to the rails and the red LEDs on the space bar flash till I switch off the power and restart it.

I am considering a complete-reboot and re-installation...Is that safe?. I use my CS2 in a DCC mode and my circuit uses the standard trix rails. I have trix, athearn and walthers locomotives....Also Bachmann and Rivarossi.

I try not to use locos from different manufactures at the same time.

I sense short circuit or is it a purely corrupted digital situation? I am not sure.

Please advise....Maybe a simple update would suffice?

George
George

Given enough time, tasks manage themselves.
Offline franciscohg  
#33 Posted : 25 August 2013 01:53:01(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hello, does it happens when it shorts?
I remember that problem with earlier software versions, was solved with an update
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline H0  
#34 Posted : 25 August 2013 08:26:06(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Deborail Go to Quoted Post
I sense short circuit or is it a purely corrupted digital situation? I am not sure.
I'm not sure either.
There were several reports of power supplies switching off faster than the CS2 - causing the CS2 to crash. This may or may not be what you see.
Reports on Stummi's Forum say problem was solved after power supply was swapped for a new one.
This shouldn't be an issue if you use a transformer.

BTW: in the CS2 you can select the ref. number of the transformer or power supply you are using. Will make a difference with respect to short circuit detection.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#35 Posted : 25 August 2013 08:34:30(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: waorb Go to Quoted Post
No known issues to date.
You didn't test hard enough.
One issue that's around for a very long time is with the loco selection screen: it defaults to "recent", but can be switched to "all". If you invoke it again after switching to "all", the radio button "all" will be selected, but it's in "recent" mode again. In order to get it into "all" mode, you have to click "recent" and then back to "all". You need more than 30 locos in the CS2 to see a difference.

Another issue: open settings for an mfx loco, change the name of the loco, then click on the CVs button. Leave the settings by clicking the green checks - and the new name will have been forgotten.
Click "save to loco" before clicking CVs.

OK, no serious issues. But loco selection is a function that is needed quite often and that annoying bug therefore shows up pretty often.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline clapcott  
#36 Posted : 25 August 2013 12:37:27(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
No known issues to date.
One issue that's around for a very long time is with the loco selection screen: it defaults to "recent", but can be switched to "all". If you invoke it again after switching to "all", the radio button "all" will be selected, but it's in "recent" mode again. In order to get it into "all" mode, you have to click "recent" and then back to "all".....

Concur.. very sloppy ...
... as is the various lack of language "translated" items and messages and lack of uptodate help pages.

Peter
Offline waorb  
#37 Posted : 26 August 2013 16:08:01(UTC)
waorb

Brazil   
No known issues to date.
One issue that's around for a very long time is with the loco selection screen: it defaults to "recent", but can be switched to "all". If you invoke it again after switching to "all", the radio button "all" will be selected, but it's in "recent" mode again. In order to get it into "all" mode, you have to click "recent" and then back to "all". You need more than 30 locos in the CS2 to see a difference.

17 to date. 1 on the go... so 18 until the end of the year... RollEyes
Since the page isn't already full, I don't realize that this happens...

Quote:

Another issue: open settings for an mfx loco, change the name of the loco, then click on the CVs button. Leave the settings by clicking the green checks - and the new name will have been forgotten.
Click "save to loco" before clicking CVs.

I never changed the CVs... If I remember correctly, only a few (one or two) times I exchanged the digital address of a loco, because of an already used address... this part of the CS2 still new for me...

Quote:

OK, no serious issues. But loco selection is a function that is needed quite often and that annoying bug therefore shows up pretty often.

Probably isn't a bug... it's a "feature with seniority"... Tongue

I had the CS2 for a less than a year yet, and only last month I installed the programming track... still learning for what I can use it in a 'useful' way.

Regards,

Walter
Offline Deborail  
#38 Posted : 26 August 2013 23:58:12(UTC)
Deborail

United Arab Emirates   
Originally Posted by: Deborail Go to Quoted Post
I'm not sure either.
There were several reports of power supplies switching off faster than the CS2 - causing the CS2 to crash. This may or may not be what you see.
Reports on Stummi's Forum say problem was solved after power supply was swapped for a new one.
This shouldn't be an issue if you use a transformer.

BTW: in the CS2 you can select the ref. number of the transformer or power supply you are using. Will make a difference with respect to short circuit detection.

I use a Trix transformer....I will try to do what you recommend...In October, once I go to Cyprus...

George

Given enough time, tasks manage themselves.
Offline H0  
#39 Posted : 02 May 2014 08:41:37(UTC)
H0

Here's an issue I found with version 3.5.6 (probably the same issue with earlier versions).

The DCC address range is 1 through 10239. While the MS2 supports the full address range, the CS2 is limited to 1 through 9999. Still plenty addresses available.

If a loco has an address higher than 9999, the CS2 will correctly detect this address, will prompt the user whether to use this address - and will use the address 9999 instead (and loco won't run as the CS2 uses the wrong address).
With MS2 detection works correctly and loco can be used.

It would be better if the CS2 would directly indicate a warning about the implementation restrictions if an address outside the range is detected.

BTW: I don't know if "acquire" is a good verb here. To suggest different prompt texts, please use this thread (since this thread is not meant for discussions about the issues):
https://www.marklin-user...nslation.aspx#post455731
H0 attached the following image(s):
cs2_dcc_address_10239_en.png
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline H0  
#40 Posted : 26 May 2014 08:17:31(UTC)
H0

A new issue introduced with version 3.6.2 (and solved with 3.7.0, see Update below): It is currently impossible to import loco icons from USB flash drives.
As a workaround, upload them from the web interface of the CS2.

BTW: when uploading images via the web interface, you will encounter a quirk with that process: First upload all images you need (one by one), then restart the CS2, then assign the images to the locos.
This quirk has been around with several CS2 versions ...

Another issue: When the loco name includes special characters that are not supported by the MS2 (such as "²", "³", "è", "à", ...) then a loco registered on the CS2 cannot be controlled by an MS2 connected to that CS2.
The MS2 replaces the unknown character with a question mark. Not sure if that bug is a CS2 problem or an MS2 problem (or both), but it is an issue when using them both together.

Update: As of version 3.7.0 there is a new way of uploading loco icons (and desktop backgrounds) from USB flash drives.
See also:
https://www.marklin-user...s-in-CS2.aspx#post467005

Edited by user 05 September 2014 14:50:42(UTC)  | Reason: ♥♥♥ Updated for 3.7.0 ♥♥♥

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline H0  
#41 Posted : 30 May 2014 13:53:01(UTC)
H0

Probably an old issue: a loco, created on the CS2 with DCC 126, will use DCC 28 when selected on an MS2 connected to that CS2. The speed step setting is ignored when the loco is copied from Master to Slave.

A new feature of version 3.6.2: it displays the speed steps on the screen.
Minor issue: the German abbreviation FS for speed steps is used with all languages.

I noticed that the speed steps only go from 0 to 13 for MM and DCC 14 (you never see speed step 14 on the display).
Similar with DCC 126 and mfx, the display goes to 125 only - speed step 126 will not be seen.
With DCC 28, the display goes from 0 to 28.

Today I checked the track signal generated by the CS2 using the sniffer port of the CS1 reloaded.
The good news: speed steps 14 and 126 respectively are sent out to the track.
The bad news: the speed step display on the CS2 is often off by one.

Why do I believe that the fault is with the CS2 and not with the sniffer port? Simple answer: With an Intellibox connected to the sniffer port, the displays of IB and CS1R are perfectly in sync, therefore I assume the new CS2 display feature is faulty.

An interesting observation and also an issue: A DCC 126 loco created on the CS2 and selected on the MS2 will be controlled using DCC 28 when operated from the MS2. When turning the speed knob on the MS2, the display on the CS2 will show every speed step (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ,9, 10, ...) while the CS1R connected via sniffer port only shows 0, 2, 5, 10, 15, ...
The loco can be changed to DCC 126 on the MS2 to get a proper track signal.
I can only guess what is going on: AFAIK the CS2 uses 1024 speed steps internally. The track format processor converts these 1024 speed steps to DCC 28, while the CS2 converts to 126 speed steps.
This assumption explains the off by one errors that occur with every protocol: obviously the UI uses a different formula to convert speed steps than the TFP.
Good news: the TFP uses a more accurate formula. The bad news: the speed step display of version 3.6.2 is not accurate and therefore only of limited use.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline franciscohg  
#42 Posted : 30 May 2014 17:04:40(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
That was FS meant!
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline waorb  
#43 Posted : 30 May 2014 21:55:27(UTC)
waorb

Brazil   
A new issue introduced with version 3.6.2: It is currently impossible to import loco icons from USB flash drives.
As a workaround, upload them from the web interface of the CS2.

"A bug is a feature with seniority".

Maybe they are enforcing to only do this job via the web interface.

Cheers,

Walter
Offline franciscohg  
#44 Posted : 31 May 2014 18:44:12(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
If so, they must have wrote it somewhere.
Also there are many CS2 users that are not comfortable connecting the unit to s PC, even with connecting it to the net, so it would be an unfortunate decision IMHO.
Offline H0  
#45 Posted : 05 September 2014 14:49:17(UTC)
H0

A new issue introduced with version 3.6.2: It is currently impossible to import loco icons from USB flash drives.
As of version 3.7.0 there is a new way of uploading loco icons (and desktop backgrounds) from USB flash drives.
See also:
https://www.marklin-user...s-in-CS2.aspx#post467005

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#46 Posted : 10 January 2016 11:53:02(UTC)
H0

One more bug (or maybe two) that applies to the latest version 4.1.0:

When importing a DCC loco from a loco card, the loco will not run until the screen with the loco settings (wrench symbol) was opened and closed with the OK button (button with the check mark).

Same problem occurs when the address mode is used to enter a new DCC loco. Same workaround helps, too: go to loco settings and quit with OK.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline steventrain  
#47 Posted : 07 August 2016 11:06:27(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I have the 60213 CS2 4.1.2 and the mfx registering too slow or fail with programmes track.

It normal working fine with main track from the CS2.

Have you any issue?
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline trainnut  
#48 Posted : 11 May 2023 11:55:14(UTC)
trainnut

Australia   
Have a CS2 6015 never had an issue but since it has been in storage for 2 years and recently powered up the problem I have is the screen lights up for approximately 4 seconds and goes out and the the stop button light flashes.Is there an easy fix or do I throw it in the rubbish.Thanks for any advice.
Offline JohnjeanB  
#49 Posted : 11 May 2023 13:29:27(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi John
French Märklin fan here.
Rather than yakety yaking, here is a video on how it starts (real time) on my 10 years old 60215

I hope it helps

If your unit starts like mine, it may be appropriate to update it.
Cheers
Jean
Offline DV  
#50 Posted : 12 May 2023 01:54:05(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Our Club's 60214 starts exactly the same way. It takes about 30 seconds before the screen comes alive and eventually the control screen appears, and from then on it works perfectly.

Mind you, we did have problems when water from a leaked ceiling got in, and it did all weird things, but a gentleman by the name of John Cooper (Katoomba) fixed that problem as well as the micro switch under the stop bar (it was working haphazardly). Cost was under $100, including postageThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Yes it takes a while to fire up, but works OK. Oh, and it does also take awhile for the loco shed doors to close when turning off the unitBigGrin ThumpUp ThumpUp

PM me if you would like John's details.
Dusan V
'I find your lack of faith (in Märklin) disturbing'