Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline fje  
#1 Posted : 01 May 2021 18:12:54(UTC)
fje

Spain   
Hello, I feel I have damaged the S88 input of my Intellibox I 65000Cursing

I will try to fix it, if it were possible, but the first thing I need is to open my Intellibox 65000 that I don't know how to do it. It seems there is some very old thread about it, but I am not able to find it or any that explain how to open it.

Any information about how to open my IB 65000 would be appreciated and, even much more any info about how to fix the S88 input/control of it.

Thanks, kind regards and take care.

Javier
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 01 May 2021 18:20:58(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: fje Go to Quoted Post
Hello, I feel I have damaged the S88 input of my Intellibox I 65000Cursing

I will try to fix it, if it were possible, but the first thing I need is to open my Intellibox 65000 that I don't know how to do it. It seems there is some very old thread about it, but I am not able to find it or any that explain how to open it.

Any information about how to open my IB 65000 would be appreciated and, even much more any info about how to fix the S88 input/control of it.

Thanks, kind regards and take care.

Javier

From your description on the B&G I think the IC that was fitted to the s88 back to front is more likely to be damaged. I would replace that before attempting to repair the IB.

Offline fje  
#3 Posted : 01 May 2021 18:31:42(UTC)
fje

Spain   
Hi, thanks for your fast answer, and, yes, I replaced it but it didn't work. In fact I did more, I connected an old S88 I already had to the IB and, no way, the retro contacts weren't recognized :( So, I believe that the IB S88 input/control is damaged.

Regards,
Offline cookee_nz  
#4 Posted : 02 May 2021 04:07:26(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
You might be referring to this old thread of mine, not the same issue, mine was the output stage, similar to what happens with the 6021 but might help you

https://www.marklin-user...Extern--Voltage---BUGGER

You'll have to drill small holes into the side-plugs holding the case together, then screw in a small self-tapper and pull the plugs, then you can carefully separate the upper & lower casing

My only advice is to take lots of photos as you go, you never know what you might need to refer back to.

Also, there's a couple of Groups that might be able to help and it looks like you've already found the IO group - https://groups.io/g/IBX

Good luck

Regards

Cookee
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline fje  
#5 Posted : 02 May 2021 08:18:09(UTC)
fje

Spain   
Cookee, yes, that is the thread I was looking for, thanks.

Good advise, photos, I use to do it, but it is a good reminder.

And I already put a question in the "new" IBX group in groups.io, but I didn't get answer yet....

Thanks again and enjoy your freedom of Covid-19 in NZ.

regards

Javier

Offline fje  
#6 Posted : 08 May 2021 21:38:47(UTC)
fje

Spain   
Good news.

We (a friend of mine) were able to fix it. Problem was one of the integrated circuits at the S88 input, it was the one I "fried". Once it was replaced, S88 of the IB is working again.

Regards
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by fje