Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline basstrain  
#1 Posted : 12 April 2021 06:55:45(UTC)
basstrain

Chile   
Hello every one.
I´m new around here and i don´t have to much experience with the MS2 66955.
I bought an "used but new" (it still have the creen plastic cover) MS2 on ebay, and came to me a few days ago (it took over a months from Spain to Chile).
when i turn it on, the stop button appears locked and i cannot turn it of, also some of the functions are disabble (with a crossing line over the words).
I already reset the MS2 to factory settings twice, but nothing happens. What can i do? i don´t have the CS for updates.
I spoke with the Ebay store but they are telling me to send it to tech support in Märklin Germany (MS2 is still under warranty) but that will cost me a lot of money.
So, is there anything that i can do or i have to send it?

Thanks!
And take careMS4.jpgMS3.jpg
Offline antycapp  
#2 Posted : 12 April 2021 10:15:56(UTC)
antycapp

Italy   
Good morning basstrain,

first of all you should isolate a section of track and attach only the trix 66955.
Then he carries out tests with a loco mfx
I learn, I learn!
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 12 April 2021 10:30:10(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Welcome to the forum.

One MS2 can update the other MS2. Please check which versions you have. Then try to invoke "Update MS2" on the MS2 with the newer version to update the other device.
Which versions do they have now?

Maybe your Märklin MS2 has a rather old version and they cannot co-operate. Having the same version on both devices should resolve that.
You can also update the trackbox.

Does the Trix MS2 work fine with only it connected to the trackbox?
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline David Dewar  
#4 Posted : 12 April 2021 19:18:14(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
I don’t have a MS2 but why buy something that says used but new. It is one thing or the other. I would retuning the item to the seller for a refund. To tell you to send it to Marklin is not good enough. Hopefully you can sort this but I would be looking for a refund and buy one which is new from a reputable dealer.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline mike c  
#5 Posted : 12 April 2021 20:36:37(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
First thing to do would be to take a two or three track section and connect only the new device
Power it up and place a MFX, DCC or MM loco on the track

See if it is still locked on "stop"

My guess is there may be some incompatibility that the newer unit is detecting as not compatible or as a short and it then goes into stop mode.

If it continues to be stuck in "stop" menu, you have two options:

1) File a claim with eBay/seller for damaged goods and return to sender

2) Send unit to Maerklin for service (at your cost)

If you just received the item and it did not work from first attempt, my recommendation would be 1.

Regards

Mike C
Offline mike c  
#6 Posted : 12 April 2021 20:41:20(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
I don’t have a MS2 but why buy something that says used but new. It is one thing or the other. I would retuning the item to the seller for a refund. To tell you to send it to Marklin is not good enough. Hopefully you can sort this but I would be looking for a refund and buy one which is new from a reputable dealer.

"Used but new" is normally used to indicate that the model is in new condition but is not being sold as "new"
it would apply in cases where you bought a set two years ago, but never used the controller. It is new, but, for example, may not be covered by warranty anymore. On eBay.de, a lot of items are labelled as -Neu- Sonstige (New - Other), which I presume is similar.

Regards

Mike C