Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline marklinist5999  
#1 Posted : 28 March 2021 22:09:15(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Ok, so I downloaded a lco image icom from ESU onto a usb stick, and installed it. The CS3 recognozed it, I edited the image on the list, and saved it. If I remove the stick, the image reverts to ?????? in the display. When I plug it back in, it reappears. A red update dot is also now showing in the systems box. CS3 is not and was not connected to the internet. Why is it saying there s an update? Can you only upload permamnent images from the web, and not a stick?
The only research I've found on how to is reffering to a CS2, not a 3.
Thank's in advance if anyone is able to assist!
Digital disaster Mike.Huh
Offline marklinist5999  
#2 Posted : 29 March 2021 13:36:58(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
it's ok people, I've emailed the Marklin Dudes. If they don't know, no one does except perhaps the firmware engineers.
Offline marklinist5999  
#3 Posted : 29 March 2021 17:21:20(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Status update; Upon rebooting the cs3 today, the new loco icon has been retained! Yay! So the only question remaining is the red dot still in the system box. If one appears whenever you plug in a usb stick, can you delete the dot?
Offline marklinist5999  
#4 Posted : 29 March 2021 18:50:28(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Better half just figured out the update pending was for the ms2. I clicked the cs3 icon in systems and it sent back the data. Red dot gone!
Offline JohnjeanB  
#5 Posted : 29 March 2021 21:30:38(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post
Ok, so I downloaded a lco image icom from ESU onto a usb stick, and installed it. The CS3 recognozed it, I edited the image on the list, and saved it. If I remove the stick, the image reverts to ?????? in the display. When I plug it back in, it reappears. A red update dot is also now showing in the systems box. CS3 is not and was not connected to the internet. Why is it saying there s an update? Can you only upload permamnent images from the web, and not a stick?
The only research I've found on how to is reffering to a CS2, not a 3.
Thank's in advance if anyone is able to assist!
Digital disaster Mike.Huh

Hi
This is quite normal. What you did is to indicate the Icon name in your USB. If you remove the USB memory then for the CS3 it has disappeared hence the ???
You have to copy the icon file on your USB stick into the CS3 internal memory or to the SD memory if you installed one.
If I remember correctly you have to be in the loco edit mode to transfer the image into the CS3 memory
Cheers
Jean

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline marklinist5999  
#6 Posted : 29 March 2021 22:18:43(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Oui, merci Jean! I did not know to copy the USB file or convert it to a png, but other half did. The edit locomotive window was open, and I clicked save and ok checkmark. Once the CS3 was started this morning the icon appeared for the locomotive.