Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline phils2um  
#1 Posted : 04 March 2021 06:22:56(UTC)
phils2um

United States   
Has anybody else had this problem (or even tried it)? I have a manual event set up that works perfectly from the CS3's screen and also with VNC. When I try to activate it using the CS3 web browser based control it does not respond. I've tried with my iphone, Fire tablet, and the Safari browser on my MacBook, all to no avail. Is there a solution I'm not aware of or is this a bug in the web based controller?
Phil S.
Offline Goofy  
#2 Posted : 06 March 2021 06:24:23(UTC)
Goofy

Have you tested without VNC by use Safari browser?
Did you also checked in the Macbook system settings > network?
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline phils2um  
#3 Posted : 06 March 2021 07:26:41(UTC)
phils2um

United States   
Yes, that is what I said in the initial post. Perhaps I was not clear. The web browser is connecting to the CS3 without problem. I can control trains and devices like turnouts, etc. It is only manual triggering of Events (hitting the play button) that does not work.
Phil S.
Offline Goofy  
#4 Posted : 06 March 2021 08:20:51(UTC)
Goofy

Okey i got it.
When i did used web browser there was ok by control locomotives and turnouts.
No problem either too by take picture of the locomotive and set it in the CS3.
However i do not use this web browser often when i use CS3 as command station instead.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Online marklinist5999  
#5 Posted : 06 March 2021 11:38:46(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Hmmm, interesting. I am a new CS3 user. I am far from any automated operating. I have a Fire 7 tablet. Can I use it with the CS3? Amazon's o.s. is unique. It isn't Android based, nor Apple. My phone is Android, and p.c. is Dell with wdws.10. As I am a bit of digital disaster, I may not venture there anyhow, but curious.
Thanks in advance. Mike.
Offline phils2um  
#6 Posted : 08 March 2021 09:08:28(UTC)
phils2um

United States   
Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post
Hmmm, interesting. I am a new CS3 user. I am far from any automated operating. I have a Fire 7 tablet. Can I use it with the CS3? Amazon's o.s. is unique. It isn't Android based, nor Apple. My phone is Android, and p.c. is Dell with wdws.10. As I am a bit of digital disaster, I may not venture there anyhow, but curious.
Thanks in advance. Mike.

You need to have your CS3 connected to a WiFi router. You can then connect to the CS3/CS3+ using any web browser, Silk in the case of your Fire Tablet.
Just enter the IP address assigned to your CS3 in the browsers URL box. The IP address is found on the CS3/CS3+ under SYSTEM > IP., Mine is 10.0.1.6.
Yours will also be 4 groups of numbers separated by periods. Note that the first time you connect you will need to acknowledge the Märklin software agreement and also a very long set of wiring safety instructions before you can use the software on your WiFi tablet, phone, computer, etc.
Phil S.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by phils2um
Offline erikw  
#7 Posted : 15 September 2022 02:46:17(UTC)
erikw

Australia   
Yep, I have same problem, you cannot run events or update events using the web browser, I use google chrome or MS edge, everything else seem to work with the browser.
Originally Posted by: phils2um Go to Quoted Post
Yes, that is what I said in the initial post. Perhaps I was not clear. The web browser is connecting to the CS3 without problem. I can control trains and devices like turnouts, etc. It is only manual triggering of Events (hitting the play button) that does not work.

Offline BenP  
#8 Posted : 15 September 2022 04:14:58(UTC)
BenP

United States   
The web interface limits some capabilities, like events. Use VNC instead, which offers exact copy with full functionality of cs3 screen on laptop or tablet or phone.
Digital M (+ some K) track layout with mostly vintage rolling stock and accessories, and small Z scale layout.
https://youtube.com/play...0kgVYbh0CeDTF-bYXoD_2-V9
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by BenP
Offline rhfil  
#9 Posted : 15 September 2022 17:15:23(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
Would appreciate instructions including wiring on how to create a VNC with a CS3.
Offline David Dewar  
#10 Posted : 15 September 2022 19:40:36(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks in advance. Mike.

Hi As a new CS3 user why would you want to use an Amazon tablet. The CS3 can do almost all I want without connecting to other items which from what I read on here cause problems and become more of a hobby rather than driving trains and operating the layout.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline rhfil  
#11 Posted : 15 September 2022 22:37:33(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
I have a very small home layout to experiment with but belong to a club which has a very large layout which we bring to local train shows. Accessing the CS3 from my iPad allows me to get away from the CS3 and monitor the trains from in front of the layout to shut it down if there is a problem and activate the sound functions if available for viewers. Having the ability to shut the layout down while in front of the layout allows better surveillance of the very large layout. In fact it really should have someone on both sides of the U shaped layout and one at the CS3 inside the U. Otherwise we have to yell at someone at the CS3.
Offline erikw  
#12 Posted : 28 September 2022 02:44:07(UTC)
erikw

Australia   
Originally Posted by: BenP Go to Quoted Post
The web interface limits some capabilities, like events. Use VNC instead, which offers exact copy with full functionality of cs3 screen on laptop or tablet or phone.

Correct, but I contacted tech support of Marklin and they said these issues will be resolved with next upgrade (closer to the end of the year)
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by erikw
Offline erikw  
#13 Posted : 28 September 2022 02:50:54(UTC)
erikw

Australia   
Originally Posted by: rhfil Go to Quoted Post
Would appreciate instructions including wiring on how to create a VNC with a CS3.

Make sure your CS3 is connected via an Ethernet cable to your network
Check the IP address of your CS3 on the CS3 console under system, network
Download vnc viewer
Start an internet browser session to your cs3 (http://192.168.1.5 for example)
Start the CS3 screen server in the browser screen (system)
Open your VNC viewer
Enter the IP of your CS3 + port 5900. Ex .: 192.168.1.5:5900

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by erikw