Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Timnomads  
#1 Posted : 28 February 2021 12:36:27(UTC)
Timnomads

Switzerland   
Dear All

I have a Jouef 8539 Diesel from my first days in model railway, I was on holiday in France and bought this to run on my old Hornby layout.

IMG_5651-2.JPG

I would like to tray to convert to run on C track with my CS3, is it an easy job or should I sell it on Ebay ??

IMG_5653.JPG

IMG_5652.JPG

Tim
Offline river6109  
#2 Posted : 28 February 2021 12:58:46(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Hi, I wouldn't sell it, its easy to convert if you know how., a.) you need a rectifier diode to convert it to DC, add a decoder with either an 8 eight pin socket + an 8 pin plug (2 Aux functions + 2 light functions) or a 21 Pin decoder with an 21 mtc adapter plate (more Aux functions)., you could change the bulbs to led's with a resistor (1000oHm), you just have to change the wiring and combine both sides of the axle and try to fix a pickup shoe to the front bogie., I would suggest remove the pin which holds the front bogie to the chassis and insert a screw which will hold the bogie to the chassis and at the same time you can use this screw to attach the pick up shoe to it.

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline ocram63_uk  
#3 Posted : 28 February 2021 17:34:25(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
So the engine is for a 2 rail system natively. All you need is a decoder and a means to pick up elecrticity from Marklin track's center studs, if you want to run it on Marklin C, M or K tracks. If you want to keep it running on 2 rail then all you need is a decoder. Simple
Offline Alsterstreek  
#4 Posted : 01 March 2021 09:14:07(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
Originally Posted by: ocram63_uk Go to Quoted Post
So the engine is for a 2 rail system natively. All you need is a decoder and a means to pick up elecrticity from Marklin track's center studs, if you want to run it on Marklin C, M or K tracks. If you want to keep it running on 2 rail then all you need is a decoder. Simple
Hi,
Simple sounds good. What is your experience with equipping a two-rail loco with means to pick up electricity from Märklin’s centre studs?
Offline Timnomads  
#5 Posted : 01 March 2021 14:30:01(UTC)
Timnomads

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: Alsterstreek Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ocram63_uk Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
Simple sounds good. What is your experience with equipping a two-rail loco with means to pick up electricity from Märklin’s centre studs?

none