Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline FrankF  
#1 Posted : 26 February 2021 22:23:59(UTC)
FrankF

Denmark   
There is a new Software-Update for CS2 (60215/60214/60213) to Software-version 4.2.13 released today 26-02-2021
which also includes a Software-update to Marklin MS2 (60653/60657) and Trix MS2 (66950/69955) to Software-version 3.121

The USB-Version can be downloaded from : https://www.maerklin.de/en/service/downloads/cs2-updates/

More Information about CS2 and MS2 Updates in this Document :
https://www.maerklin.de/fileadmin/media/service/software-updates/CS2_update_4-2-13_info-01-engl.pdf

The latest Decoder Software V 3.2.1. (Firmware) for updating the Märklin MLD3 / MSD3 Decoders is now also available in the CS2.

Marklin has also in the Marklin Webnews 280 given Information about Marklin 60667 - MS2 with WLAN funktions
with a stronger Processor which is in development by Marklin.
More Information about Marklin 60667 MS2 WLAN is coming in 3. Quarter of 2021
The MS2 WLAN unit is "expected" to be in sale from 2. Quarter of 2022 - the price is already announced to be around 199,- Euro
CS3+ 60216 ( SW:2.5.2 ) - MASTER / CS2 60215 ( SW:4.3.0 ) - SLAVE
MS2 60653/57 ( SW:4.13 ) / MS1 60652 ( SW:1.8AP ) / 60883 S88 LINK ( SW:1.1 )
MDT 3 (SW 3.6.0) - HW: 60970 / 60971 / 60801
ESU LOKPROGRAMMER ( SW 5.2.6 ) / ESU HW: 53451 / 53900 / 53901
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by FrankF
Offline rbw993  
#2 Posted : 26 February 2021 23:11:59(UTC)
rbw993

United States   
Interesting, it looks like after this update Ms2's will be able to control Multiple Units. Hooray! I hope I read this correctly.

Roger
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 26 February 2021 23:42:02(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: rbw993 Go to Quoted Post
Interesting, it looks like after this update Ms2's will be able to control Multiple Units. Hooray! I hope I read this correctly.

Roger

Only when operating as a slave controller on the cs2. I take this to mean that the multiple units are first set up in the cs2 and can then be selected on the ms2. There is a specific note that an ms2 on a track box cannot operate multiple units as (my assumption) it cannot set them up.

The other thing i noted is the last paragraph regarding the cs2 ...
"Due to the new elements and functions in the CS 2, however, joint operation of a CS 1
on the CS 2 is no longer possible for technical reasons. "

so finally comes abandonment of the cs1 ...
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#4 Posted : 27 February 2021 03:00:31(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Stink, I won't be upgrading then! I've got two CS1's I'm intending using as remote controllers.

I'm sure the reason given is complete rubbish, more to the point is that they don't want to continue supporting it.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline clapcott  
#5 Posted : 27 February 2021 04:50:52(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

I'm sure the reason given is complete rubbish, more to the point is that they don't want to continue supporting it.

I think that is a bit harsh

Yes it is inconvenient - and the clubs layout will have to be reconfigured etc...

However there are sometimes choices that need to be made.
And here is evidence that there is currently more interest in "more fully" supporting the CS2 within the CS3 environment.

Peter
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#6 Posted : 27 February 2021 09:05:31(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
I think that is a bit harsh...

I'm not so sure. The Marklin Systems diagram makes a specific note of being able to use the CS1 as a remote to the CS2. The very least Marklin could have done is given an advance notice roadmap for the CS1's total demise, as folks may well have invested significant money in their solutions only to be chopped off at the knees. If I was being cynical I would say they are doing it so they can sell more MS2 WiFi devices when it arrives, and certainly because they don't want to maintain that code.

Yes it is inconvenient - and the clubs layout will have to be reconfigured etc...

Case in point, the club will no longer be able to use a controller in which considerable money was invested at least in the configuration in which it was being used.

And here is evidence that there is currently more interest in "more fully" supporting the CS2 within the CS3 environment.

Well I am glad they are doing that but how long will that last?

However there are sometimes choices that need to be made.

I don't have a CS3 as yet but I hope to this year. I'm going to have to decide whether I want the improved layout diagram transfer between CS3 and CS2 (important for me) and not have my CS1's, or have all the CS's (also important for me) with downlevel CS2 software and not so good layout diagrams.

20210227_210635.jpg

Hmmmm, what to do with CS1's.....?

BTW we found Tim's sign!
Offline seatrains  
#7 Posted : 28 February 2021 21:03:18(UTC)
seatrains

United States   
Thanks FrankF for the heads up.
All, as a digital newbie I was able to get my CS2 and MS2 updated. I was a little suprised to get a "the disc image file is corrupted" message when I downloaded onto my thumb drive. Worked past that and everything uploaded onto the CS2! Yay.
Thom
European Train Enthusiast - Pacific Northwest Chapter
4th Division, Pacific Northwest Region, National Model Railroaders Association
Offline PeFu  
#8 Posted : 02 March 2021 18:25:26(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Thanks for the info, FrankF! I updated via the network without any hassle. IMO, the updates gets smoother and smoother to conduct. Smile

On the update page, I noted the info of the free "Computer Interface for the Central Station 2". I haven't noted this earlier, has it been around for a while? The user interface is nice and fast (compared to the CS2 itself). However, saying that "The complete functionality of the Central Station can be called up on a PC" isn't really true... Trying to acccess the CV configuration utility of the CS2, the software immediately responded as follows:

CV_Test.jpg

Well, maybe later... RollEyes

Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by PeFu
Offline clapcott  
#9 Posted : 03 March 2021 05:39:01(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
The CS2.exe/dmg (PC/Mac) app has been around quite a while.

It is downlevel so ...
- does not have things like the more recent changes to MU handling
- but old enough not to have the F4 bug
- and it is still aware of CS1's

It is acting as another (Slave/Demo) CS2 so I really do not understand your expectation that it can get to your locos CVs from your PC
Peter
Offline H0  
#10 Posted : 03 March 2021 09:22:28(UTC)
H0

It is acting as another (Slave/Demo) CS2 so I really do not understand your expectation that it can get to your locos CVs from your PC
He was referring to Märklin's claim on their site:
"The complete functionality of the Central Station can be called up on a PC. The PC software enables remote control of locomotives, working models, turnouts, signals, routes, and much more from a PC, Netbook, Notebook, or Tablet computer."

So "complete functionality" has some limitations because "remote control of locomotives" is not possible when it comes to changing CVs.
Not a big issue, just a claim proofed wrong.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Manuel Sousa  
#11 Posted : 03 May 2021 16:06:07(UTC)
Manuel Sousa

I did the update, but I would like to know if anyone knows if it is possible to go back to the previous version?
I have a backup of the previous version, does anyone know if I can restore and everything will work?
Thanks in advance