Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline marklin 279  
#1 Posted : 23 January 2021 22:23:32(UTC)
marklin 279

United States   
Does anyone have or know if there is a wiring diagram for the Marklin 3053? One of the wires on my came off and I can't figure out where it goes. Any help is appreciated.
Offline dominator  
#2 Posted : 24 January 2021 01:43:02(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
I have that loco. What wire has come off? Pictures.!! I may be able to help.

DERECK
Northland. NZ REMEMBER 0228 for ä
Offline marklin 279  
#3 Posted : 24 January 2021 02:32:13(UTC)
marklin 279

United States   
Marklinloco.jpg
Originally Posted by: dominator Go to Quoted Post
I have that loco. What wire has come off? Pictures.!! I may be able to help.

DERECK

Here is a picture I hope you can see the wire.
Thank you for any help Marklinloco.jpgMarklinloco.jpg
Offline mike c  
#4 Posted : 24 January 2021 06:04:17(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I don't think the question can be answered by somebody looking at the OEM schematic or at a like new model.
The wire that is loose on the tablecloth seems to be the one leading from the aftermarket Maerklin speaker/horn

This topic might answer your question: https://www.marklin-user...818-Old-7214-horn-wiring

The horn had to be installed in the locomotive as shown in the diagram for the 7213 and was actuated by the 7215 unit.

Regards

Mike C
Online PJMärklin  
#5 Posted : 24 January 2021 09:14:41(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: marklin 279 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone have or know if there is a wiring diagram for the Marklin 3053? One of the wires on my came off and I can't figure out where it goes. Any help is appreciated.

Hello 279 Smile ,

Like many on this forum, I also have this lovely 3053 classic loco Wink (since converted to digital):

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

I am not a veteran with anywhere near the knowledge available from some members of this group,
being a latecomer to Märklin in 1983.
I was originally into analogue, but since 1995 my locos have been digital.

Your provided image of your locomotive innards suggests that it is analogue (because there is no
visible decoder, there is an analogue reversing unit and there is an analogue era choke which I have
circled in red) :

UserPostedImage

and provide further examples:

UserPostedImage

As noted above, I am a rather naïve Märklinist OhMyGod but (notwithstanding the speaker/horn connections),
the analogue choke was usually connected to the “common solder point” (circled in red below):

UserPostedImage

So , perhaps it would be worthwhile to try connecting the loose wire to the “common solder point”
/ "main solder point" shown in the image above and referenced as #4 in the circuit diagram below :

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

I do note from your image however that there is not enough distance from the tip of your loose
wire to where one might expect the CSP to be on the motorshield, so it was probably soldered to the
similar CSP connection on the reversing unit as shown as a blue circle on the circuit diagram
below :

UserPostedImage

I have not ever encountered the “aftermarket Märklin speaker/horn” Huh (fascinating), nor did I know that
“the horn had to be installed in the locomotive as shown in the diagram for the 7213 and was
actuated by the 7215 unit.” – I learn something everyday on this fantastic forum ! (thanks mike C) ThumpUp

Regards,

PJBigGrin

Offline dominator  
#6 Posted : 24 January 2021 09:34:15(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
Looks like yours is different to mine. All my wires are black. mine doesn' t have that cylindrical object in front of the reverse unit. Mine has the engine room light in the middle whereas yours doesn't. Unlike PJ's thpough, all the paint came off my top body.
Sorry not able to help.
Northland. NZ REMEMBER 0228 for ä
Offline kiwiAlan  
#7 Posted : 24 January 2021 12:16:12(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: PJMärklin Go to Quoted Post

I am not a veteran with anywhere near the knowledge available from some members of this group,
being a latecomer to Märklin in 1983.
I was originally into analogue, but since 1995 my locos have been digital.

Your provided image of your locomotive innards suggests that it is analogue (because there is no
visible decoder, there is an analogue reversing unit and there is an analogue era choke which I have
circled in red) :

UserPostedImage

If, as has been suggested, this is an aftermarket add-on horn, then I suspect that is a capacitor. But it would still need to be connected somewhere to the pickup shoe. So look for where the wire comes from the pickup shoe onto the reversing unit, and that is where I would expect to connect it.

On the other hand, if you do not have the other item that is required to make the horn operate then I would suggest removing the horn altogether.
Offline Crazy Harry  
#8 Posted : 24 January 2021 21:09:21(UTC)
Crazy Harry

Canada   
I agree that that wire is part of the horn along with the condenser or choke on the wire. That end would be connected to red side of track power (slider, centre rail, bahnstrom, etc.) so it may have been connected to the centre board where the switch from slider to overhead pickup is located. As Mike C mentioned, you need a external box connected to the rail to actuate the horn. The horn is attached to the locomotive frame by a small screw which also provided the grounding for its circuit.

My experience with that horn: It's not worth the trouble so get rid of it, it was a terrible piece of aftermarket accessory for analog trains.

Harold.
Offline marklin 279  
#9 Posted : 26 January 2021 18:15:01(UTC)
marklin 279

United States   
Originally Posted by: dominator Go to Quoted Post
Looks like yours is different to mine. All my wires are black. mine doesn' t have that cylindrical object in front of the reverse unit. Mine has the engine room light in the middle whereas yours doesn't. Unlike PJ's thpough, all the paint came off my top body.
Sorry not able to help.

Thanks for your help I got it working